LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 185 users in the forums

2024 Draft Class: WR

I think we are gonna switch up our philosophy of receivers with brocks strengths being throwing with anticipation. We will target more route runners rather than rac guys.

I truly think next year is deebos final year as a niner. He hasn't been that impactful outside splash plays ever since his contract got extended, and he's always hurt. Even if we re-sign aiyuk, wr is a big need. Especially once Brock gets paid, we will need cheap talent at that position.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by communist:
I would hate Worthy pick.

So would I.

It's not my preferred pick, but I wouldn't hate it. He's a better version of goodwin and he was solid with us. But I'd rather draft an OT.

Will Trent Williams be in SF for the next 3 to 5 years? Will they draft another QB, rather than pay Brock Purdy $40 million per year? Did the 49ers O-line play well enough in the Super Bowl to draft a WR?

If your answer is NO to all three questions, then how can you not draft Offensive Tackle?
RE worthy and his deep ball production:

Not sure who charted this, but common.

So would I.

When I think about Worthy I think he could contribute right away as a KR/PR.

Not sure if he could take touches away from Kittle, Deebo, CMC, and BA.

Do we use a 1st round pick for a ST player that will potentially work his way into the offensive down the line?

Question is, do we need our first round player on the field immediately? If so, it will be tough not to draft Worthy if he's there. I don't see a rookie tackle at #31 winning a starting spot this season. CB, or S may be able to win a spot.

what do you guys think about the need for a rookie first round pick to start right away on a Super Bowl runner up roster?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by glorydayz:

So would I.

Do we use a 1st round pick for a ST player that will potentially work his way into the offensive down the line?

Question is, do we need our first round player on the field immediately? If so, it will be tough not to draft Worthy if he's there. I don't see a rookie tackle at #31 winning a starting spot this season. CB, or S may be able to win a spot.

what do you guys think about the need for a rookie first round pick to start right away on a Super Bowl runner up roster?

A rookie 1st round pick doesn't exactly need to start right away, but they do need to protect their soon to be franchise QB. Trent Williams won't be in SF for too much longer, McKivitz is a bridge player only signed for one more season. After Williams and McKivitz they have nothing in back of them. And not to mention this draft is one of the deepest I've ever seen at WR.

So would I.

A rookie 1st round pick doesn't exactly need to start right away, but they do need to protect their soon to be franchise QB. Trent Williams won't be in SF for too much longer, McKivitz is a bridge player only signed for one more season. After Williams and McKivitz they have nothing in back of them. And not to mention this draft is one of the deepest I've ever seen at WR.

I dont disagree. But you have to like the tackle that is there. You dont just pick the top tackle on Kipers board because you need one.

No idea how the 9ers have the tackle class graded. They might have a higher grade on Fisher than Jordan Morgan. We saw an example last year with Wanya Morris. I was big on him. Thorn was big on him. Many others on the board liked him. And the Chiefs who needed an OT badly, passed on the position early, grabbed Rashee Rice who was pretty instrumental for them down the stretch, took Wanya in the 3rd, let him play swing tackle for a year, and now hes very likely to be starting LT this year. So just because you pass on the position early, doesnt mean it cant later be addressed.
Originally posted by scooterhd:
I dont disagree. But you have to like the tackle that is there. You dont just pick the top tackle on Kipers board because you need one.

No idea how the 9ers have the tackle class graded. They might have a higher grade on Fisher than Jordan Morgan. We saw an example last year with Wanya Morris. I was big on him. Thorn was big on him. Many others on the board liked him. And the Chiefs who needed an OT badly, passed on the position early, grabbed Rashee Rice who was pretty instrumental for them down the stretch, took Wanya in the 3rd, let him play swing tackle for a year, and now hes very likely to be starting LT this year. So just because you pass on the position early, doesnt mean it cant later be addressed.

I had wished we drafted both Wanya and Dawand ):

So would I.

I remember saying the same thing about Staley, and then I think about how we acquired Trent Williams.

I do like getting players via the draft cause it's cheaper. Not sure how good we are at drafting O-line or the T position but I do know we haven't done a good job at it.
John Ross highlights:

wrong thread
[ Edited by Heroism on Apr 25, 2024 at 2:03 PM ]

Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
John Ross highlights:

Steve Smith loves him. Like you did here, he refutes the claim that many put on him only being a go route WR.
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
John Ross highlights:

I don't think it hurt him. Only the casuals and media heads think that. I'm sure GMs and scouts are aware of his skill sets.
I have officially decided that the two WRs I want them to draft are Brendan Rice and Tejhuan Palmer.

Feel like both can play inside or outside and are capable of breaking off big plays. Rice can also work as a returner.

There are MANY other WRs I'd be excited about but those are my picks.

This is partly based on my thinking that they keep both Aiyuk and Deebo. I understand the logic of trading one but with their impact and the cap going up every year… I'm not convinced either is traded.
[ Edited by TheFunkyChicken on Apr 25, 2024 at 4:19 PM ]
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
I have officially decided that the two WRs I want them to draft are Brendan Rice and Tejhuan Palmer.

Feel like both can play inside or outside and are capable of breaking off big plays. Rice can also work as a returner.

There are MANY other WRs I'd be excited about but those are my picks.

This is partly based on my thinking that they keep both Aiyuk and Deebo. I understand the logic of trading one but with their impact and the cap going up every year… I'm not convinced either is traded.

Last year my 7th round WR love was Grant Dubose. Buried on the Packers depth, but we'll see. But yes, this year I like Flournoy and T Palmer late.
👁 uk traded!!
Share 49ersWebzone