Save 30% at the 49ers official online store →

There are 148 users in the forums

2024 Draft Class: WR

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
I just watched a couple of highlight videos of Malachi Corley the guilty looks like he has a lot of similarities to Deebo as far as size (5-11 200), possible pass/run versatility, and he also doesn't shy away from contact. He's probably the closest thing to Deebo that Zi have seen since Deebo entered the league. Maybe there could be some value in taking someone similar, in the event that Deebo continues to get dinged up. At least it could keep our game plan from completely going to hell should Deebo be out for a certain period of time.

He's become an early zone favorite, would love to add him too. Some previous discussion on him here: https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/196983-malachi-corley-western-kentucky/
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
I just watched a couple of highlight videos of Malachi Corley the guilty looks like he has a lot of similarities to Deebo as far as size (5-11 200), possible pass/run versatility, and he also doesn't shy away from contact. He's probably the closest thing to Deebo that Zi have seen since Deebo entered the league. Maybe there could be some value in taking someone similar, in the event that Deebo continues to get dinged up. At least it could keep our game plan from completely going to hell should Deebo be out for a certain period of time.

He's become an early zone favorite, would love to add him too. Some previous discussion on him here: https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/196983-malachi-corley-western-kentucky/

Corley and Malik Washington are YAC monsters I'd love here.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Unless they take him in R1, he isn't sliding to the end of the second. Definitely more pressing needs

Based off what?

Based on the 10 mocks I've looked at, anywhere from 28-50. FWTW
[ Edited by Rathof44 on Feb 21, 2024 at 3:55 PM ]
I'm falling for Ryan Flournoy, SE Missouri

Level of competition is low, but by all accounts he's a great athlete, so no worries about just looking fast compared to shoe salesmen. He made Bruce Feldman's freak list. These numbers never hold up at the combine, but Feldman lists the following testing numbers:

40yrd: 4.35 hand (98%tile)
Vert: 41" (98%tile)
Broad: 10' 10-1/2" (97%tile)
3C: 6.66 (97%tile)

At the Senior Bowl, he measured in with good size: 6'1" 200 lbs with >31" arms. He also measured with giant 10" hands. His hands show up on film; very reliable outside of his frame. I haven't watched enough of him to see how consistent he is with his catch technique, but I didn't see any concern over body catching or clap catching. He is confident in his hands, not afraid to work over the middle, and he can use his size, strength and balance to absorb contact and maximize yards after the catch. He is also a true deep threat with good speed and ball tracking ability, and he consistently uses good technique to stack corners (albeit not the greatest corners in the world) down field. He gets after it as a blocker - in fact, I first started looking into him because he had a solid rep vs Darius Robinson (big riser at DE) at the Senior Bowl which ended with Robinson on the ground. He has the temperament to feel confident in his ability to continue to improve as a blocker, and stay out of Shanahans dog house.

As a route runner, he is currently limited. He has clear ability to throttle up and down, and flexibility to sink his hips. He uses his long arms well to separate at the catch point. But from what I saw, his footwork needs a lot of work, and he would seem to struggle to fully open his hips. Given his reported testing numbers, I would assume his shortcomings are coachable, and not a function of any athletic limitations.
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
I'm falling for Ryan Flournoy, SE Missouri

Level of competition is low, but by all accounts he's a great athlete, so no worries about just looking fast compared to shoe salesmen. He made Bruce Feldman's freak list. These numbers never hold up at the combine, but Feldman lists the following testing numbers:

40yrd: 4.35 hand (98%tile)
Vert: 41" (98%tile)
Broad: 10' 10-1/2" (97%tile)
3C: 6.66 (97%tile)

At the Senior Bowl, he measured in with good size: 6'1" 200 lbs with >31" arms. He also measured with giant 10" hands. His hands show up on film; very reliable outside of his frame. I haven't watched enough of him to see how consistent he is with his catch technique, but I didn't see any concern over body catching or clap catching. He is confident in his hands, not afraid to work over the middle, and he can use his size, strength and balance to absorb contact and maximize yards after the catch. He is also a true deep threat with good speed and ball tracking ability, and he consistently uses good technique to stack corners (albeit not the greatest corners in the world) down field. He gets after it as a blocker - in fact, I first started looking into him because he had a solid rep vs Darius Robinson (big riser at DE) at the Senior Bowl which ended with Robinson on the ground. He has the temperament to feel confident in his ability to continue to improve as a blocker, and stay out of Shanahans dog house.

As a route runner, he is currently limited. He has clear ability to throttle up and down, and flexibility to sink his hips. He uses his long arms well to separate at the catch point. But from what I saw, his footwork needs a lot of work, and he would seem to struggle to fully open his hips. Given his reported testing numbers, I would assume his shortcomings are coachable, and not a function of any athletic limitations.

After watching him the other day, I agree that the route running and feet are a flaw that stood out. I normally wait some time before watching again to see if my first impressions hold and what else I might notice, so I'll look into him again before giving a grade, but his level of competition and technical flaws tell me a later round guy.

I want Malachi Corley in the later rounds. Definitely possible coming out of a small school. Kid is a dog
Originally posted by 49erFaithfullest:

I want Malachi Corley in the later rounds. Definitely possible coming out of a small school. Kid is a dog

Unless he bombs the combine, I would be surprised if he fell past the 3rd. Seems like a lot of sources thinking he goes Rnd 2-3.
After watching him the other day, I agree that the route running and feet are a flaw that stood out. I normally wait some time before watching again to see if my first impressions hold and what else I might notice, so I'll look into him again before giving a grade, but his level of competition and technical flaws tell me a later round guy.

Yea, I'd say athletic ability may get him in the 5th

WR/KR at Southern Miss. Improved every year.

Fantastic concentration catching in traffic and is getting some hype for his tracking of the deep ball.

Interesting later round or UDFA guy if he falls out.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Feb 26, 2024 at 7:13 PM ]
Unless they take him in R1, he isn't sliding to the end of the second. Definitely more pressing needs

Based off what?

Based on the 10 mocks I've looked at, anywhere from 28-50. FWTW

Yeah I don't see him going in the top 50. We will see

Thoughts on Roman Wilson?

slot WR at the next level. Showed off his route running and hands at the senior bowl. Bro has some juice to get vertical. Lacks ideal measurements. I wouldn't say he's a blocking WR and his hands have been a little suspect. Not a YAC monster.

I see a lot of Tyler Lockett comps. For whatever reason he reminds me of Victor Cruz. I got a 3rd rd grade on him
Thoughts on Roman Wilson?

slot WR at the next level. Showed off his route running and hands at the senior bowl. Bro has some juice to get vertical. Lacks ideal measurements. I wouldn't say he's a blocking WR and his hands have been a little suspect. Not a YAC monster.

I see a lot of Tyler Lockett comps. For whatever reason he reminds me of Victor Cruz. I got a 3rd rd grade on him

Yeah I have him around that late 3rd early 4th. Slot exclusive but PR ability. I go back and forth between should he be a high 4 or low 4. IDK. I like the player, but he is strictly a slot.

Another guy I've checked out is Bub Means at Pitt. Kinda reminds me of Trent Sherfield. Late round flier with a chance at the next level.
Can Brenden Rice return kicks?

Convert to TE like Delanie Walker?
Originally posted by 49erFaithfullest:

Convert to TE like Delanie Walker?

Possibly more like Darren Waller but yeah
Share 49ersWebzone