There are 210 users in the forums

2024 Draft Class: OL

Post about your favorite OT, OG & C prospects here.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Feb 6, 2024 at 9:25 AM ]
I want 4 OL.

1 Jackson Powers-Johnson, center with guard flexibility
3 Kiran Amegadjie, RG potential with longterm upside of a T.Will replacement
3 Dominick Puni, RG potential with tackle-in-a-pinch versatility
5 Christian Jones, RT potential with guard flexibility

JPJ, if he had 33+" arms, would be the Quenton Nelson of center prospects. His arms are 3218.

Kiran will need time for an upgrade in competition, but he has all the tools

Puni is the dancing bear archetype

Jones is long and strong
Christian Haynes, the more I've gone back and watched, the more I like. I think he's going to be a very good guard at the NFL level. If the 49ers were to draft him he'd come in and be a Day 1 starter at RG.

Another guy i liked a lot is Isaiah Adams who played both guard and tackle in college. Projects best at guard in the NFL and had himself a decent week at the Senior Bowl.

Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
I want 4 OL.

1 Jackson Powers-Johnson, center with guard flexibility
3 Kiran Amegadjie, RG potential with longterm upside of a T.Will replacement
3 Dominick Puni, RG potential with tackle-in-a-pinch versatility
5 Christian Jones, RT potential with guard flexibility

JPJ, if he had 33+" arms, would be the Quenton Nelson of center prospects. His arms are 3218.

Kiran will need time for an upgrade in competition, but he has all the tools

Puni is the dancing bear archetype

Jones is long and strong
Would really like this type of draft...not sexy, but would pay huge dividends.
On Puni, he seems mostly solid. I don't really see him punishing guys out there like I'd like, but he is decent in space and feet are adequate. I give him a mid-round grade right now. Maybe a late 3rd tops, just on what I've seen so far, but wouldn't be surprised to see him there later.

Now Christian Mahogany or Christian Haynes, that's the nastiness I want on this squad. I want a Jaun Jennings type dawg in the middle.

Mahogany is like Trent, he's a FILM JUNKIE. An absolute fanatic. Teammates rave about his prep work. I'd love to have him here.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Feb 9, 2024 at 7:57 AM ]
Where's Haynes projected to go?
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Pre-combine, I've seen mostly 4th round grades. I would have no problem with taking him in the third though. I think the depth at other positions may push down some of these guards to the 3rd and later.

Everyone gets so obsessed with other positions, G/C seem to always fall. That's good for us. I want to absolutely load up. I want at least two IOL minimum.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Pre-combine, I've seen mostly 4th round grades. I would have no problem with taking him in the third though. I think the depth at other positions may push down some of these guards to the 3rd and later.

Everyone gets so obsessed with other positions, G/C seem to always fall. That's good for us. I want to absolutely load up. I want at least two IOL minimum.

Can't remember which mock, but saw that mahogany guy you mentioned to the niners in 2/3

As of now, especially after his excellent Senior Bowl performance, mid 2nd to early 3rd round. Like I said earlier, he's exactly the kind of lineman that teams will overlook in favor of flashier or perceived higher potential players and the Packers or Ravens swoop in and they get a ten year NFL starter.

If the 49ers believe he can play center long term then that might move him up their board considerably since he has such a great combination of football IQ, pure power and the ability to move in space and quickly get to the second level.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

As of now, especially after his excellent Senior Bowl performance, mid 2nd to early 3rd round. Like I said earlier, he's exactly the kind of lineman that teams will overlook in favor of flashier or perceived higher potential players and the Packers or Ravens swoop in and they get a ten year NFL starter.

If the 49ers believe he can play center long term then that might move him up their board considerably since he has such a great combination of football IQ, pure power and the ability to move in space and quickly get to the second level.

First time I really payed attention to SB drills and thought he looked great. Wasn't the guy who pissed off the LSU DL and got him to rip his helmet off and throw it? and he was just super calm and unbothered 🤣
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Feb 9, 2024 at 8:40 AM ]
First time I really payed attention to SB drills and thought he looked great. Wasn't the guy who pissed off the LSU DL and got him to rip his helmet off and throw it? and he was just super calm and unbothered 🤣

Yep. His technical ability is outstanding, he's thick and powerful but moves really well and just watching him I kept thinking "this dude is going to Green Bay isn't he?" He's really good and I'd be happy to see the 49ers pick him and either put him at right guard long term or for a year or two while he gains experience and then eventually moving him over to center.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

That clip was pretty great. That's baller mentality. Playing so good the opponent gets pissed cause they can't do s--- about it lol.

If we get one of the OG/C prospects I want, I truly don't care where we draft them. As long as we get a starting caliber guy, I'll be ecstatic. Right now, give me Haynes, Mahogany, Amegadjie, Frazier, Van Prann, JPJ, or Nugent, and I will be very happy on draft day.

@Phoenix, you're right, I just did some more digging. I hadn't looked at how his rank changed. I literally just saw one source tabbing Haynes as their #1 OG in this class now.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
That clip was pretty great. That's baller mentality. Playing so good the opponent gets pissed cause they can't do s--- about it lol.

If we get one of the OG/C prospects I want, I truly don't care where we draft them. As long as we get a starting caliber guy, I'll be ecstatic. Right now, give me Haynes, Mahogany, Amegadjie, Frazier, Van Prann, JPJ, or Nugent, and I will be very happy on draft day.

@Phoenix, you're right, I just did some more digging. I hadn't looked at how his rank changed. I literally just saw one source tabbing Haynes as their #1 OG in this class now.

The more I see of him the more I like, particularly for this offense. He's perfect for the kind of scheme diversity Shanahan is looking for. He would have fit in great on the power run blocking Harbaugh OL's as well as this current one.
A guy I like at RT is Blake Fisher from Notre Dame. Check out his tape against Ohio State. He was a wall in PP. Had almost 0 bad reps in this game.

Share 49ersWebzone