There are 226 users in the forums

2024 Draft Class: OL

Originally posted by kansasninerfan:
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Kingsley Sumataia and Patrick Paul have got to be the two most overrated OT prospects this draft cycle. Look like late 3rd and 5th round picks respectively to me.

Has Sumataia done his mission yet? Always something I am cognizant of with those BYU kids

That's not a requirement…it's a personal and voluntary decision.

he was a 5 star recruit that went to Oregon and transferred. You don't have to be a church member to attend BYU.
Just for kicks I went back and looked at the draft opinions on Trent Williams. Mostly faorable but they were questioning his aggressiveness. Some questioned his run blocking while one said he would never be an elite pass blocker.

The point is the opinions were all over the place on Williams who ended up being one of the top left tackles in the game. It's fun to project but don't get too upset if your guy isn't picked. You just can't tell who is going to be the great ones and who will be just average.
If we don't get one of the top 3 centers (JPJ, Frazier, Barton) give me Hunter Nourzad!

Christian Jones- my mid round pick that we can develop.
[ Edited by frankieuc68 on Feb 27, 2024 at 1:11 PM ]
Has anyone mentioned Zach Zinter? Could be an amazing guard for the future. Hope to grab one of the centers in 1st, JPJ. Would be a home run
Originally posted by NYniner85:

he was a 5 star recruit that went to Oregon and transferred. You don't have to be a church member to attend BYU.

Roger that. Thanks for clarification
Originally posted by kansasninerfan:

Roger that. Thanks for clarification

Originally posted by ChuckLeavy32:
Has anyone mentioned Zach Zinter? Could be an amazing guard for the future. Hope to grab one of the centers in 1st, JPJ. Would be a home run

Zinter had that horrific leg injury this year so that has hurt his draft stock. If he was healthy, I'm sure the Niners would be interested. Big, experienced and can play multiple positions on the line. Someone to watch at the end of day 2 or early on day 3.
OG Cooper Beebe in the 2nd Rd to play Center
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
OG Cooper Beebe in the 2nd Rd to play Center

Thats alot of pancakes!

I think someone is going to fall in love with Amarius Mims, so I'm hoping an OT like Troy Fautanu or Tyler Guyton falls to 31. Take a CB in second and a Guard in the third along with Brenden Rice at end of third.
Originally posted by dlance:
I think someone is going to fall in love with Amarius Mims, so I'm hoping an OT like Troy Fautanu or Tyler Guyton falls to 31. Take a CB in second and a Guard in the third along with Brenden Rice at end of third.

Guyton

Guyton

I would rather draft Troy Fautanu over Guyton. Guyton is bigger player and some teams will like that.

Guyton

I would rather draft Troy Fautanu over Guyton. Guyton is bigger player and some teams will like that.

Not sure why everyone is saying Troy Fautanu is a OG at the next level?
Share 49ersWebzone