There are 218 users in the forums

2024 Draft Class: OL

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I hope they don't reach for a tackle just because. Or at least trade down and get some added value in return.

Based on recent posts sounds like you are not too high on this T class and/or feel they would be a reach vs other value?
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Mar 2, 2024 at 9:52 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

After yesterday's interviews, it appears the 49ers are prepared to take a DB or WR at 31 if that's what they want to do 👀
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
I hope they don't reach for a tackle just because. Or at least trade down and get some added value in return.

Based on recent posts sounds like you are not too high on this T class and/or feel they would be a reach vs other value?

It has to be the right guy. The team knows they need to upgrade over McKivitz. They seem to believe Feliciano is gonna be back. But they definitely need to prepare for holes at IOL and depth there. McKivitz is a good backup. But we need a lot of help on IOL going forward. We don't know if we would be able to re-sign Banks or if his injury is gonna linger and make him perform bad again this year.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

It has to be the right guy. The team knows they need to upgrade over McKivitz. They seem to believe Feliciano is gonna be back. But they definitely need to prepare for holes at IOL and depth there. McKivitz is a good backup. But we need a lot of help on IOL going forward. We don't know if we would be able to re-sign Banks or if his injury is gonna linger and make him perform bad again this year.

TKs prediction was a trade up for OT who plug and plays at RT and eventually takes over LT and McKivitz kicks inside to RG. They need to make sure they get this right. Very important draft
TKs prediction was a trade up for OT who plug and plays at RT and eventually takes over LT and McKivitz kicks inside to RG. They need to make sure they get this right. Very important draft

Man I hope that doesn't happen, I don't think there's any within appropriate range worth trading up for
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Ok we are getting a Tackle round 1

was it the run of formal meetings that gave it away? Sure looks that way huh? Makes sense. I imagine the thinking is get the RT. Kick Colton inside to RG and fix two issues at once? Probably still draft a Bebe, Fisher, Haynes for C/G of the future or to play now if Colton can't play G which I think he probably can. With this draft strategy this does seem to signal, to me anyway, that they are going to try and get one of the FA DEs.

I think this make sense. How I read it too. Feliciano also in the mix if they want to bring him back. But bottom line depth will be better on OL. I mean Burford isn't a scrub. He missed a might important block but we have some depth.

I like the tackle class but I think by 31 most of the blue chip talent will have been snatched up and what's left isn't going to be a whole lot better from what will be available a round or two later.
I like the tackle class but I think by 31 most of the blue chip talent will have been snatched up and what's left isn't going to be a whole lot better from what will be available a round or two later.

EXACTLY

What about a trade up to early 20s? Trying to determine the blue chip falloff .
What about a trade up to early 20s? Trying to determine the blue chip falloff .

I think the top end tackles will be gone by 20. The guys that are just flat out Day 1 starters and have LT potential will go fast. Alt, Fashanu, Fuaga, Latham and Fautanu will likely be out of realistic trade up range.

After them you have projects like Mims and Guyton that you might move up for or players that are likely better suited to play inside in the NFL such as Barton and Morgan.

Now if they're at 31 and Mims is still just sitting there then I wouldn't be upset about them drafting him despite his scant resume.

But beyond that, if they're hellbent on taking a tackle then I'd rather see them trade down and pick someone like Fisher or Christian Jones later.

Mostly I don't care who they draft with their first pick but it's reasonable to expect them to find a starter or at least major immediate contributor, whether it's a CB, DT, OG, C, edge or even LB. They need someone that is going to be a ++ player next season.
The only place Pheonix and I differ is that I think Mims is an upgrade starter from day 1, assuming medicals check out.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by kansasninerfan:
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Kingsley Sumataia and Patrick Paul have got to be the two most overrated OT prospects this draft cycle. Look like late 3rd and 5th round picks respectively to me.

Has Sumataia done his mission yet? Always something I am cognizant of with those BYU kids

That's not a requirement…it's a personal and voluntary decision.

he was a 5 star recruit that went to Oregon and transferred. You don't have to be a church member to attend BYU.

Is that true? Pretty sure you gotta be LDS. Almost all islander football players are LDS.
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
The only place Pheonix and I differ is that I think Mims is an upgrade starter from day 1, assuming medicals check out.

Mims is the only OT that I want for a realistic trade up scenario.
Share 49ersWebzone