There are 216 users in the forums

2024 Draft Class: OL

Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
The only place Pheonix and I differ is that I think Mims is an upgrade starter from day 1, assuming medicals check out.

After the Trey Lance Experience I'm extra iffy on guys with limited playing experience. Mims is incredibly talented but with only 8 total starts and some injury issues, there's reason to doubt him too.

dudes like this don't grow on trees
Originally posted by NYniner85:

"Remember this photo next time y'all smack talk an athletes"

I'd still throw an uppercut at his nuts and run.

McGlinchey was bigger
So how good are the prospects at the end of the 1st?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Originally posted by jreff22:

Depends who drops, obviously. All I know is that the ticker on the bottom of NFL Network has us taking TE J. Sanders which means I would be an honorary Texans fan for a year.
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Originally posted by jreff22:

Depends who drops, obviously. All I know is that the ticker on the bottom of NFL Network has us taking TE J. Sanders which means I would be an honorary Texans fan for a year.

Depending on how the board falls if we draft a TE in the 1st I may need a new TV.
I think the top end tackles will be gone by 20. The guys that are just flat out Day 1 starters and have LT potential will go fast. Alt, Fashanu, Fuaga, Latham and Fautanu will likely be out of realistic trade up range.

After them you have projects like Mims and Guyton that you might move up for or players that are likely better suited to play inside in the NFL such as Barton and Morgan.

Now if they're at 31 and Mims is still just sitting there then I wouldn't be upset about them drafting him despite his scant resume.

But beyond that, if they're hellbent on taking a tackle then I'd rather see them trade down and pick someone like Fisher or Christian Jones later.

Mostly I don't care who they draft with their first pick but it's reasonable to expect them to find a starter or at least major immediate contributor, whether it's a CB, DT, OG, C, edge or even LB. They need someone that is going to be a ++ player next season.

This. Take the best player on our board whether it's a DT, OG or CB. Heck trade down a little if we like a few players. We can also trade up for example from our 3rd round if someone falls that we like. IMHO, I think the gap between an OT rated number 8-11someone that is borderline 1st/2nd rounder in this draft) vs someone that is rated 12-15(2nd rounder and later)is not that big. So I'm cool with getting a DT/Edge or OG/C with our first 2 picks and then get Fisher with our 3rd pick and or Jones with our 4th.
My mock: 1st-Chop (if he's there) or Fiske or trade down
2nd-Haynes
3rd-Fisher (RT)
3rd- Melton
4th-Jones (if we want to double up on OT)
[ Edited by frankieuc68 on Mar 2, 2024 at 3:36 PM ]
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
What about a trade up to early 20s? Trying to determine the blue chip falloff .

I think the top end tackles will be gone by 20. The guys that are just flat out Day 1 starters and have LT potential will go fast. Alt, Fashanu, Fuaga, Latham and Fautanu will likely be out of realistic trade up range.

After them you have projects like Mims and Guyton that you might move up for or players that are likely better suited to play inside in the NFL such as Barton and Morgan.

Now if they're at 31 and Mims is still just sitting there then I wouldn't be upset about them drafting him despite his scant resume.

But beyond that, if they're hellbent on taking a tackle then I'd rather see them trade down and pick someone like Fisher or Christian Jones later.

Mostly I don't care who they draft with their first pick but it's reasonable to expect them to find a starter or at least major immediate contributor, whether it's a CB, DT, OG, C, edge or even LB. They need someone that is going to be a ++ player next season.
Mims or Guyton at 31 are interesting. I can see both of the player maturing into great players or turn into the next Mike McGlinchey. I see both guy being over draft because of there size and skill set. I hope Troy Fautanu fall and if by any chance he is there at 31 I would be upset if they didn't draft him. If there is no OT valve at 31 they better look at the CB, C, OG, or a run stuffing DT, Even a LB will help. They need to find a starter at pick 31.

Better be meeting with my dude Haynes or I riot!

Originally posted by dlance:
Mims or Guyton at 31 are interesting. I can see both of the player maturing into great players or turn into the next Mike McGlinchey. I see both guy being over draft because of there size and skill set. I hope Troy Fautanu fall and if by any chance he is there at 31 I would be upset if they didn't draft him. If there is no OT valve at 31 they better look at the CB, C, OG, or a run stuffing DT, Even a LB will help. They need to find a starter at pick 31.

Agree 100%.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

McGlinchey was bigger

Bro's got 30lbs on big Mike lol

😂
Better be meeting with my dude Haynes or I riot!

Share 49ersWebzone