There are 153 users in the forums

2024 Draft Class: OL

Niners met with him

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 49erFaithfullest:
Idk about taller players bc they usually get lose leverage and don't have that fast twitch and get burned with speed. This isn't the case all the time but something I noticed like what great tackle in history is 6"7' or taller?

Andrew Wentworth, Antony Castonzo, Eric Fisher, Taylor Lewan, Taylor decker, Kolton Miller, Orlando Pace, jonathan ogden etc are all 6-7 or taller.

s**t ton of all time great that were 6-6 as well

I'll give you Ogden, Pace were GREAT. Whitworth was good but idk about all those other names you dropped.
Originally posted by tommyncal:
Idk about taller players bc they usually get lose leverage and don't have that fast twitch and get burned with speed. This isn't the case all the time but something I noticed like what great tackle in history is 6"7' or taller?
J Ogden and O Pace come to mind quickly

Thats 2 like in like 2 decades ago. I don't like those odds lol

gonna be a top 20 pick wahhh

Seahawk, I fear
SDSU boys looking solid today
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:

gonna be a top 20 pick wahhh

Seahawk, I fear

I know 😢
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Would you trade up for him ?

Not for as much as it would cost to go up 12-18 spots considering the other needs on the roster.

Gotcha. I know you have valid concerns about Mims, but I think he'd be a good trade up option within the 20s . You think Frazier drops into mid-late 2nd?

Andrew Wentworth, Antony Castonzo, Eric Fisher, Taylor Lewan, Taylor decker, Kolton Miller, Orlando Pace, jonathan ogden etc are all 6-7 or taller.

s**t ton of all time great that were 6-6 as well

I'll give you Ogden, Pace were GREAT. Whitworth was good but idk about all those other names you dropped.

All good long term starters in the league. All got paid big contracts. They were players that played recently that popped in my head.

I mean, I don't need whomever we draft to be an all-time great. Just a good starter that gets a second contract with us.

also go look at all the damn good OTs that were 6-6 (and some change). You can't tell me an inch in height is that meaningful.
Gotcha. I know you have valid concerns about Mims, but I think he'd be a good trade up option within the 20s . You think Frazier drops into mid-late 2nd?

I think if we want Frazier we need to take him end of the first or a small trade down (with other guys high on our board available at 31). I can see him lasting until the bottom of the second

I think if we want Frazier we need to take him end of the first or a small trade down (with other guys high on our board available at 31). I can see him lasting until the bottom of the second

Appears that way . I guess it will boil down to how the FO values/grades these guy. Lots of good options though
Niners met with him

Another guy I fear is gonna wreck the distribution 😭

I had a good net cast among IOL prospects from round 1-5. Nearly all my 4-5 hopefuls are dominating the combine.

All I can hope for is that teams either don't have IOL needs as bad as us or go with other positions first and we get some stars.
This OL class is bonkers. We better leave there a couple guys.
Share 49ersWebzone