LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 255 users in the forums

2024 Draft Class: OL

Reading about JPJ on here got me hyped. That's how I know we're not taking him.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
On Puni, he seems mostly solid. I don't really see him punishing guys out there like I'd like, but he is decent in space and feet are adequate. I give him a mid-round grade right now. Maybe a late 3rd tops, just on what I've seen so far, but wouldn't be surprised to see him there later.

Now Christian Mahogany or Christian Haynes, that's the nastiness I want on this squad. I want a Jaun Jennings type dawg in the middle.

Mahogany is like Trent, he's a FILM JUNKIE. An absolute fanatic. Teammates rave about his prep work. I'd love to have him here.

Mahogany is a grader for sure. I try to do 2 year mock drafts, and I had him to us in the 3rd I believe last year. I agree that our line is missing tone setters
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Feb 9, 2024 at 1:02 PM ]
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
On Puni, he seems mostly solid. I don't really see him punishing guys out there like I'd like, but he is decent in space and feet are adequate. I give him a mid-round grade right now. Maybe a late 3rd tops, just on what I've seen so far, but wouldn't be surprised to see him there later.

Now Christian Mahogany or Christian Haynes, that's the nastiness I want on this squad. I want a Jaun Jennings type dawg in the middle.

Mahogany is like Trent, he's a FILM JUNKIE. An absolute fanatic. Teammates rave about his prep work. I'd love to have him here.

Mahogany is a grader for sure. I try to do 2 year mock drafts, and I had him to us in the 3rd I believe last year. I agree that our line is missing tone setters

It'd be nice to get someone in here (outside of Trent) that can bring the type of nastiness that Jeremy Newberry and Derrick Deese brought. I remember if guys took a late shot on Steve, those two would be the first to mix it up.
[ Edited by GorefullBore on Feb 9, 2024 at 6:01 PM ]
A guy I like at RT is Blake Fisher from Notre Dame. Check out his tape against Ohio State. He was a wall in PP. Had almost 0 bad reps in this game.

Like him too, he would fit as a versatile G/OT possibly.

What round do you see Mahogany going?
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

What round do you see Mahogany going?

I could see as high as the second, maybe as low as the fourth. I'd be shocked if he fell past that unless he had some kinda injury flag.
Really like this class, both OT and OG/C, zero excuses for us not getting some of these guys
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Really like this class, both OT and OG/C, zero excuses for us not getting some of these guys

I see a ton of tackles gone before 31 (fml I hate this) I'd rather take the best center here and then draft 2-4 tackles mid rounds to replace Mcs**ts.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

I see a ton of tackles gone before 31 (fml I hate this) I'd rather take the best center here and then draft 2-4 tackles mid rounds to replace Mcs**ts.

We can really get an elite guard at 31 and although I want McKivitz replaced as well and we need tackle help, no sense in reaching if a guard is BPA. Can still get a tackle in the 2nd that could beat out McKivitz. I'm also curious if they'd give Jon Feliciano a look at center.
The players are out there if they want to get serious about upgrading the OL, now its just a matter of commitment. KC drafted Creed Humphrey and threw him in as a rookie starter on a SB roster. The 49ers will have their shots at players like Frazier, Haynes, Barton, Beebe, Van Pran and Zinter.

Exactly.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
The players are out there if they want to get serious about upgrading the OL, now its just a matter of commitment. KC drafted Creed Humphrey and threw him in as a rookie starter on a SB roster. The 49ers will have their shots at players like Frazier, Haynes, Barton, Beebe, Van Pran and Zinter.

^This

Only way I'm not doing this is if they trade up to snag Quinyon Mitchell, which I would absolutely love. Kid will be a stud in the league and him opposite Ward would change our defense. Yes, I know it isn't happening

Exactly.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

^This

Only way I'm not doing this is if they trade up to snag Quinyon Mitchell, which I would absolutely love. Kid will be a stud in the league and him opposite Ward would change our defense. Yes, I know it isn't happening

Yes I would take Frazier then trade back up for a tackle in the 2nd if they think he can start rigth away. O line instantly better imo. I would also rather suffer with rookies growing pains than journeymen who will never get any better.

The issue now is we will need a linebacker for Greenlaw, but we've always found gems in the middle rounds. With 11--12 picks we should draft 6 o line lol
Yes I would take Frazier then trade back up for a tackle in the 2nd if they think he can start rigth away. O line instantly better imo. I would also rather suffer with rookies growing pains than journeymen who will never get any better.

The issue now is we will need a linebacker for Greenlaw, but we've always found gems in the middle rounds. With 11--12 picks we should draft 6 o line lol

They drafted two last draft. Hopefully at least one of them proves to be worth a damn.
I want 4 OL.

1 Jackson Powers-Johnson, center with guard flexibility
3 Kiran Amegadjie, RG potential with longterm upside of a T.Will replacement
3 Dominick Puni, RG potential with tackle-in-a-pinch versatility
5 Christian Jones, RT potential with guard flexibility

JPJ, if he had 33+" arms, would be the Quenton Nelson of center prospects. His arms are 3218.

Kiran will need time for an upgrade in competition, but he has all the tools

Puni is the dancing bear archetype

Jones is long and strong

After our collapse in the second half and OT, I second this motion. Upgrade everyone on the OL minus Trent. Our line was a sieve up the middle.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
I want 4 OL.

1 Jackson Powers-Johnson, center with guard flexibility
3 Kiran Amegadjie, RG potential with longterm upside of a T.Will replacement
3 Dominick Puni, RG potential with tackle-in-a-pinch versatility
5 Christian Jones, RT potential with guard flexibility

JPJ, if he had 33+" arms, would be the Quenton Nelson of center prospects. His arms are 3218.

Kiran will need time for an upgrade in competition, but he has all the tools

Puni is the dancing bear archetype

Jones is long and strong

After our collapse in the second half and OT, I second this motion. Upgrade everyone on the OL minus Trent. Our line was a sieve up the middle.

Our interior was an embarrassment. How do you allow Chris Jones to go completely unblocked? I mean WTF?

I have about 10 IOL circled that I want. If we don't get at least 2, I'm going lose my f***in' mind.
Share 49ersWebzone