There are 231 users in the forums

2024 Draft Class: OL

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
1st rd. Mims or Suamataia
2nd rd. Beebe or Haynes
3rd or 4th rd. Bortolini or Puni or McMahon

Set line for years in one draft

Fixed
Well now wait a hot minute. Mims had a 4.33 shuttle....at nearly 6'8", at 340 lbs, on a freshly pulled Hamstring?!?!???!
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I graded him a 4 which looks to be a bit higher than NFL.com gave him. They graded him where they normally rank 5th-6th round guys.

Tape showed me a potential starting caliber guy, but had no idea he was this athletic. I thought he was decently athletic, but this type of athleticism gives him elite upside.

Originally posted by NYniner85:
4th rd grade is what I've seen…I'm guessing he will move up a little now. Late day 2.

Well damn he's a great option. Only watched a little bit just now but he looks great, future starter in the league for sure. Very sound technique. I'm just so high on Zach Frazier of the center options.
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Well now wait a hot minute. Mims had a 4.33 shuttle....at nearly 6'8", at 340 lbs, on a freshly pulled Hamstring?!?!???!

Yeah man insane, that's a part of the reason people are so high on his potential. I wouldn't be mad at all if we took him
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I feel like they could trade down a few spots and still get him. Depends how much they value the fifth year option and how good they believe that he can be.

It does seem like there will be a major run on tackles in the 1st round and guards/centers in the 2nd.

Alot more likely they go up than down.
Originally posted by frankieuc68:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
I think he's rated lower but I'd take him over both Guyton and Mimms. I do like Mimms though; don't see it with Guyton.

If we go OT with 1st pick, I'm good with Kingsley. If we end up waiting, Kiran Amegadjie, Blake Fisher and Christian Jones later.
For OG- I like Haynes, Mahogany and Beebe
For OC- JPJ, Frazier, Limmer

I primarily like:
OT: Amarius Mims (1st), Troy Fautanu (1st), JC Latham (1st), Kiran Amegadjie (day 2), Christian Jones (day 3)
OG: Troy Fautanu (1st), Graham Barton (1st), Christian Haynes (day 2), Dominick Puni (day 3), Christian Mahogany (day 3), Trente Jones (day 3)
OC: Jackson Powers-Johnson (1st), Hunter Nourzad (day 3), Tanor Bortolini (day 2)

I like others, but these are guys I expect to have a chance to be an upgrade before the end of their rookie season
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
When I do a mock draft simulator it's the BYU kid at 31, your boy Haynes in the 2nd, The nickel from Michigan or a DT in the 3rd and then I double up with this kid. I really hope we come away with 2 tackles like the team up north did.

I just want quality over volume.
Originally posted by random49er:
I just want quality over volume.

Same. I don't want the Nick Zakejls or Colton Mckivitz of the draft in the back end.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
I think he's rated lower but I'd take him over both Guyton and Mimms. I do like Mimms though; don't see it with Guyton.

Mims has questions. Really based on experience and I do worry fair or not about injuries. More of a project than Kingsley for sure. I wouldn't be mad at a Mims pick. The upside is stupid and the kid is a HUGE freak. But I'll take my "safe" freak. I like Kingsley more than Guyton.
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:

He is a special kind of freaky.

Originally posted by frankieuc68:
If we go OT with 1st pick, I'm good with Kingsley. If we end up waiting, Kiran Amegadjie, Blake Fisher and Christian Jones later.
For OG- I like Haynes, Mahogany and Beebe
For OC- JPJ, Frazier, Limmer

Texas homer keeping my eye on Chris Jones. Wouldn't be mad at us taking 2 OTs and having Chris groom to be a swing or maybe eventual starter. We are going to need depth here soon all over the team.
Mims is less of a project than Kingsley.

Only worry is if a guy his size with his explosiveness is just unable to ever stay healthy. There's a reason humans aren't typically built like this; they aren't meant to be
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I agree but there may feel there s better talent at another position when they pick at 31. With all those multiple picks in rounds 3 thru 7 they could move up and get some extra 2nd or 3rd rounders.

We reach often when we think a group is thin or a guy won't fall to us. I wouldn't be surprised to see us reach for an OT.

I think the team probably feels good about IOL/WR/CB depth in this class, but probably less so with DL.

If we pickup a vet pass rusher, then I am guessing we go for OT, DT early, IOL/WR/CB middle, and then S/DE/LB late to round things out. I figure we will sign a vet LB too.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

This zone-blocking Rosengarten guy...👀
Share 49ersWebzone