There are 294 users in the forums

2024 Draft Class: OL

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Also spend a little time looking at Guyton whom at first glance (mainly Senior Bowl stuff) I wasn't a massive fan.

dude is pretty damn athletic with ideal size for an OT. Great getting into the second level and directing guys in space. Great at pulling and absorbing contact. Solid anchor.

His hands need work (guys getting into his chest too much) and he's gotta get stronger for sure. I think that his biggest thing…needs to get stronger, would like a little more mauler attitude. Footwork needs to be more consistent, you can say that stuff about a lot of college lineman.

but he's got the movement skills/size you love. He's ideal for a zone-blocking team. Heavy man stuff, not so much imo. Honestly I've warmed up to him. Totally not done checking out him and other guys. He's probably a second rd grade, but will be taken in the 1st. OT prospect for sure.

NY you watch any of Graham Barton? Curious to know if this is just me, but aside from length, how come he's projected by everyone to go inside? Don't get me wrong, I do think that his better fit is there and Center is probably where he's best, he played there. But I thought he looked damn good at tackle too; I'd take him at RT over Mckivitz right now! Yes I know that isn't saying much 😂
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Also spend a little time looking at Guyton whom at first glance (mainly Senior Bowl stuff) I wasn't a massive fan.

dude is pretty damn athletic with ideal size for an OT. Great getting into the second level and directing guys in space. Great at pulling and absorbing contact. Solid anchor.

His hands need work (guys getting into his chest too much) and he's gotta get stronger for sure. I think that his biggest thing…needs to get stronger, would like a little more mauler attitude. Footwork needs to be more consistent, you can say that stuff about a lot of college lineman.

but he's got the movement skills/size you love. He's ideal for a zone-blocking team. Heavy man stuff, not so much imo. Honestly I've warmed up to him. Totally not done checking out him and other guys. He's probably a second rd grade, but will be taken in the 1st. OT prospect for sure.

NY you watch any of Graham Barton? Curious to know if this is just me, but aside from length, how come he's projected by everyone to go inside? Don't get me wrong, I do think that his better fit is there and Center is probably where he's best, he played there. But I thought he looked damn good at tackle too; I'd take him at RT over Mckivitz right now! Yes I know that isn't saying much 😂

I haven't watch him yet, but I'm gonna try to when I have some time.
Trying to manifest drafting Kingsley Suamataia!
Listening to Jonny del's pod and he's a big fan of Guyton as well

He was a big fan of Jimmy G as well

Yeah I'm not a fan of drafting a tackle high that has suspect hands. We did that with MM. No thanks. Maybe if he falls to our second round pick.
I'm a fan of Tanor Bortolini if we can't get Jackson Powers or Frazier.

I believe Tanor had the best 3 cone at the combine, definitely athletic enough to play in our system.

Originally posted by Waterbear:

I believe Tanor had the best 3 cone at the combine, definitely athletic enough to play in our system.

I feel like he will be a 49er. No Christian Jones no Christian Mahogany, no Powers or Barton. Bortolini will be our guy. And I'm OK with it

Yeah I'm not a fan of drafting a tackle high that has suspect hands. We did that with MM. No thanks. Maybe if he falls to our second round pick.

MM was light in the pants as well. Guyton has like 25lbs on him. I mean we're talking about pick 31 not pick 10 or whatever MM was.

Who you like at OT? I'm just starting to look at guys a little more
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 5, 2024 at 10:55 AM ]

MM was light in the pants as well. Guyton has like 25lbs on him. I mean we're talking about pick 31 not pick 10 or whatever MM was.

Who you like at OT? I'm just starting to look at guys a little more

Yeah that's a fair point.

If we're not in range to draft Latham or Mims, Jordan Morgan is my guy so far.

The problem is I think this is a great interior OL draft and a thin OT group. I think we'd have much better value drafting a center or guard with one of our first two picks than a OT.

Maybe tackle is an area we can supplement in FA?

Not too impressed outside of the top 4-5 guys.

Yeah that's a fair point.

If we're not in range to draft Latham or Mims, Jordan Morgan is my guy so far.

The problem is I think this is a great interior OL draft and a thin OT group. I think we'd have much better value drafting a center or guard with one of our first two picks than a OT.

Maybe tackle is an area we can supplement in FA?

Not too impressed outside of the top 4-5 guys.

I agree mostly with IOL or another position making more sense end of the 1st based on overall talent. I don't want to reach either.

I'm warming up to Guyton or Kinsley at 31. I haven't watch a ton of Morgan (only Senior Bowl stuff and I wasn't that impressed), the length is an issue though. I don't think SF will even have him on their board as a OT.

Maybe they make a move in FA. That would create some flexibility for sure.
Did SF meet with Roger Rosengarten?
Originally posted by krizay:

I feel like he will be a 49er. No Christian Jones no Christian Mahogany, no Powers or Barton. Bortolini will be our guy. And I'm OK with it

Yeah, if we miss out on JPJ, Frazier, Barton.. Bortilini it is. Did we talk to him and what round is he slated to go?
Originally posted by frankieuc68:
Yeah, if we miss out on JPJ, Frazier, Barton.. Bortilini it is. Did we talk to him and what round is he slated to go?

We did talk to him
Did SF meet with Roger Rosengarten?

I haven't seen anything yet. I was searching yesterday and seen nothing
Share 49ersWebzone