There are 255 users in the forums

2024 Draft Class: OL

Originally posted by 49erFaithfullest:
Originally posted by kansasninerfan:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Just watching a little of Kingsley. Man there's a lot to work with there. Ideal measureables. Dude is a mauler, especially in the run game. He's got a strong punch. He's athletic and has no problem getting to the second level. Would be good in a zone blocking scheme. Has a solid anchor. He can overset and his footwork can be sloppy. That's something that will need coaching/reps. His feet can get "skinny" he can let guys get into his chest too often and it's seems like stunts/blitzing can be an issue for him right now…I think that's an awareness thing that you can improve with more reps. I believe he's only 21 right now? So he far from a finished product.

Overall at this point (can totally change my opinion). I think he's a second rd guy who I'd like to play at OT rather than OG (think he could play there though). I would feel much better getting him with our late 2nd vs our 31st overall pick. I kinda feel like that's the theme here…tons of good OTs, most of those guys are gonna be gone before they get to us. So at that point do we reach for an OT or go BPA elsewhere?

Very good analysis. The letting guys into his chest I saw as well. The awareness thing I hope can be taught. I guess I see him as a high 2nd. So if he's the guy do you just take him at 31? I like him more than Barton Guyton and Morgan and I think those are the comps there at 31 so yeah in that case get him.

I like that Adrian said he has some connections at BYU also that would have said so if there was fluff there. Would I rather have Mims? yeah probably but at what cost? We need to use like 9 of these 11 picks. Chapman posted a hypothetical trade with the Raiders that had us getting 44 and 70 something for the 31st. Man that would be tempting, But so risky

Good analysis but I think Kingsley as a finished product will surpass alot of players taken ahead of him. I'm not sure about Mims and don't like the odds of tall tackles succeeding in the NFL. Jonathon Ogden and Orlando Pace are the only tall T that were great and that was how many generations ago? Him at 31 is not that much of a reach imo as to what I originally thought. There's alot of natural talent, strength and the fact that he's ambidextrous intrigues me to think he can eventually transition to LT. Raw just like Cam Latu transitioning from DE which I didn't know but that's why we develop and coach up these boys. Trying to manifest us to get em at 31

I expect Kingsley to be the best tackle available at 31, but to me, Mims is on another level.

IMO the best tackle from last years draft will be Dawand Jones, and he's huge. I don't see why Mims can't be just as good or better.

Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by 49erFaithfullest:
Originally posted by kansasninerfan:
Just watching a little of Kingsley. Man there's a lot to work with there. Ideal measureables. Dude is a mauler, especially in the run game. He's got a strong punch. He's athletic and has no problem getting to the second level. Would be good in a zone blocking scheme. Has a solid anchor. He can overset and his footwork can be sloppy. That's something that will need coaching/reps. His feet can get "skinny" he can let guys get into his chest too often and it's seems like stunts/blitzing can be an issue for him right now…I think that's an awareness thing that you can improve with more reps. I believe he's only 21 right now? So he far from a finished product.

Overall at this point (can totally change my opinion). I think he's a second rd guy who I'd like to play at OT rather than OG (think he could play there though). I would feel much better getting him with our late 2nd vs our 31st overall pick. I kinda feel like that's the theme here…tons of good OTs, most of those guys are gonna be gone before they get to us. So at that point do we reach for an OT or go BPA elsewhere?

Very good analysis. The letting guys into his chest I saw as well. The awareness thing I hope can be taught. I guess I see him as a high 2nd. So if he's the guy do you just take him at 31? I like him more than Barton Guyton and Morgan and I think those are the comps there at 31 so yeah in that case get him.

I like that Adrian said he has some connections at BYU also that would have said so if there was fluff there. Would I rather have Mims? yeah probably but at what cost? We need to use like 9 of these 11 picks. Chapman posted a hypothetical trade with the Raiders that had us getting 44 and 70 something for the 31st. Man that would be tempting, But so risky

Good analysis but I think Kingsley as a finished product will surpass alot of players taken ahead of him. I'm not sure about Mims and don't like the odds of tall tackles succeeding in the NFL. Jonathon Ogden and Orlando Pace are the only tall T that were great and that was how many generations ago? Him at 31 is not that much of a reach imo as to what I originally thought. There's alot of natural talent, strength and the fact that he's ambidextrous intrigues me to think he can eventually transition to LT. Raw just like Cam Latu transitioning from DE which I didn't know but that's why we develop and coach up these boys. Trying to manifest us to get em at 31

I expect Kingsley to be the best tackle available at 31, but to me, Mims is on another level.

IMO the best tackle from last years draft will be Dawand Jones, and he's huge. I don't see why Mims can't be just as good or better.

Yeah and I've already tossed out a bunch of good OT that are 6-7 or taller (forgot to add Tony Boselli). I don't see a problem at all. s**t there's a f**k ton of amazing OT that are 6-6 (Staley, Joe Thomas Anthony Munoz come to mind) we're talking about an inch lol.

I don't want you to be 6-8 300lbs (soaking wet) like MM was. Mims is built to protect someone's blindside.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 6, 2024 at 6:42 AM ]
Yeah and I've already tossed out a bunch of good OT that are 6-7 or taller (forgot to add Tony Boselli). I don't see a problem at all. s**t there's a f**k ton of amazing OT that are 6-6 (Staley, Joe Thomas Anthony Munoz come to mind) we're talking about an inch lol.

I don't want you to be 6-8 300lbs (soaking wet) like MM was. Mims is built to protect someone's blindside.

The risk is too much for us, we need plug and play. He's better off going to a bad team where he can learn and grow, like New York.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

The risk is too much for us, we need plug and play. He's better off going to a bad team where he can learn and grow, like New York.

Again, the question I have is why? What makes him riskier than another prospect? What makes him not a plug and play option?
trying to do some more evaluations on some OL (got a couple done). I'm not amazing at it and it's hard to find film (just YouTube and X to go off of).

for Amarius Mims this is what I have written down so far.

Built to play OT. Doesn't get beat vs power. He's got very strong hands. Good anchor. Punch/hand placement is good for a guy that doesn't have a ton of reps. Can get to the second level fine. I wouldn't say he's uber athletic and OZ might not be his ideal fit. IZ/Gap probably better fit overall.

feet can get heavy and overall he seems to have a bigger issue with speed rushers. When out in the second level his balance isn't amazing (angles and whatnot) totally understandable for a man his size. Makes you realize how amazing Big Trent is.

There's not a lot of film to really dig into. Gotta wonder about injuries (missed time this yr and combine got hurt). He does have elite traits and IMO is only gonna get better with more coaching and reps.

1st rd grade for me. Kid is just scratching the surface and as long as the injury bug doesn't get him, he's gonna be at least a good RT in the league.
trying to do some more evaluations on some OL (got a couple done). I'm not amazing at it and it's hard to find film (just YouTube and X to go off of).

Built to play OT. Doesn't get beat vs power. He's got very strong hands. Good anchor. Punch/hand placement is good for a guy that doesn't have a ton of reps. Can get to the second level fine. I wouldn't say he's uber athletic and OZ might not be his ideal fit. IZ/Gap probably better fit overall.

feet can get heavy and overall he seems to have a bigger issue with speed rushers. When out in the second level his balance isn't amazing (angles and whatnot) totally understandable for a man his size. Makes you realize how amazing Big Trent is.

There's not a lot of film to really dig into. Gotta wonder about injuries (missed time this yr and combine got hurt). He does have elite traits and IMO is only gonna get better with more coaching and reps.

1st rd grade for me. Kid is just scratching the surface and as long as the injury bug doesn't get him, he's gonna be at least a good RT in the league.

Saw a mock draft that has Mims going 10th overall. I'm not getting my hopes up
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

If he drops to 20, based on pick value chart, they could trade 1st, their first 3rd comp and next years 3rd to move up.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

If he drops to 20, based on pick value chart, they could trade 1st, their first 3rd comp and next years 3rd to move up.

Would you guys trade up for him? I don't think I would, I'd be fine with taking Graham Barton or BPA that drops to 31 and would love to have that 3rd vice not having it of course. But damn Mims is such a great prospect
Originally posted by 49ers808:

Would you guys trade up for him? I don't think I would, I'd be fine with taking Graham Barton or BPA that drops to 31 and would love to have that 3rd vice not having it of course. But damn Mims is such a great prospect

I defer to others when it comes to hogs. I know what really bad looks like and really good. Other than that I have no clue.

I defer to others when it comes to hogs. I know what really bad looks like and really good. Other than that I have no clue.

I hear you. Only position I'm confident with my opinion is defensive backs. Really bad and really good is a great way to put it lol

I would trade up for Mims or JPJ. Sitting at 31 and drafting Kingsley or Tyler Guyton would not sit well with me. I'd rather have the best DE or corner available at that point, because it's more aligned with BPA.

Trade up or trade down… that's where I'm at.

I hear you. Only position I'm confident with my opinion is defensive backs. Really bad and really good is a great way to put it lol

I'm not confident in my ability to assess any position lol

Yeah I shouldn't be trusted on my opinions on QBs, O-Linemen and D-Line. But if you show me Quenton Nelson I can tell you he's really good.
If we're looking for high upside outside zone tackles, Kingsley gotta be the guy, though I'd hope he'd fall to the second.
Okay I'm annoyed I had his write up all done and I forgot to send it and it's gone lol.

Roger Rosengarten OT Washington.

watched some of his stuff as Penix's blindside (yes even the Michigan game 🤢)

he's got real quick feet. Great hand usage and timing. He can re-anchor quickly, has lots of counters and is not passive (got some dog in him), which can also get him in a little trouble. He can get to the second level with ease and takes good angles. He's athletic and the combine backed that up.

the lack of true length is noticeable. He oversets a lot and his anchor isn't great. He needs to get stronger for sure.

RBLK: he's ideal fit is zone blocking/pulling. He was actually pretty sweet pulling and he fits what we like to do running the ball.

The lack of length and power will be an issue, but he's a technician. His hand usage/footwork is great which can help a lot of those negatives. I'm not saying he's Joe Staley, but Joe had similar issues.

I think he can be a starting RT and would be a value pick in the 3rd.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 6, 2024 at 11:36 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone