There are 197 users in the forums

2024 Draft Class: OL

Originally posted by 49erFaithfullest:
Originally posted by DaleGribble:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 49erFaithfullest:
Mike McGlinchey is no where near as strong. Suamataia is raw untapped POTENTIAL that would be redshirting a year since Mckivitz got that extension

They don't need guys redshirting, they need guys that contribute Year 1. This isn't a rebuilding team, with their first couple of picks they need immediate contributors.

And I'm less worried about his strength and more worried about his mentality. For all his strength and untapped potential, too often he played Care Bear soft rather than demolishing his opponents.
This absolutely no excuse for freaking Mckivitz to be starting at any point next year short of an injury.
McKivitz didn't give up a sack in the playoffs, McCaffery broke a 50 yd TD to his side. Mckivitz has been pretty reliable
Sacks don't tell the whole store he was anything but reliable all season long he has no buisness starting.
Did scouting on the OTs. Wow this is a deep class. The only one I do not like is Kingsley. He needs a lot of development for a team in our position. My favorite is either Graham Barton cause of his versatility or Tyler Guyton cause of his immense potential while already being a day 1 starter at RT. Based on our history in the Lynch-Shanahan era, we focus on the trenches. Since we already signed 2 pass rushers, all signs point to OT.
It looks like we will miss out on the o lineman worthy of a first. If this happens I would love a small trade down to add more picks and even next draft. I'd drop a bunch for a future first and second etc.

There are so many linemen in this draft we can still stack bodies for camp in the middle rounds. A small trade down can still net us a center/guard who can start day 1 etc. Given the state of o line now and possibly next offseason we may need 4 new starters regardless. So it makes sense to attack it this draft. This is my, it may not be sexy draft, but could be the anchor for how well the offense performs with Purdy the next 5 years etc.
49ers not listed as a team with OL coaches at Oklahoma's pro day (Tyler Guyton)
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:

Good
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I'm starting to think we may draft 4 OL.

Feliciano is hurt and may want to go elsewhere.

Trent probably only plays two more years max. Burford sucks. McKivitz sucks. Team has no faith in Jaylon Moore.

Banks is in a contract year.

We have 4 immediate openings for starting competition and depth as of right now, with Colton getting backup money, Moore not able to beat him out, and Burford benched this year for a guy who is now a free agent.

Minimum of three IMO. But who knows, it'll probably be two DL and one DE.

They'll be drafting a DL with their first pick.
Originally posted by Sickaa:

Trent probably only plays two more years max. Burford sucks. McKivitz sucks. Team has no faith in Jaylon Moore.

We have 4 immediate openings for starting competition and depth as of right now, with Colton getting backup money, Moore not able to beat him out, and Burford benched this year for a guy who is now a free agent.

Let's be honest...it's a significant need right now.

We all want to see improvement on the OL but we still our starting RT on the roster. We're about to lose our starting DT and his backup.

How about Oregon? Isn't their pro day today too?
Originally posted by 49ers808:

How about Oregon? Isn't their pro day today too?

It is. But I know where the 49ers are; South Carolina checking out Leggette
Watching the tape on Graham Barton and its very good, but Jacob Monk is also an impressive player. Rare 5 year starter having played 55 games. More than 10+ games stating at tackle, guard, and center so he is very experienced. 2 time team captain.

Athletic profile is there. Uncle played in the NFL. His dad had a short NFL contract. His 1.66 10 yard split is the fastest ever for an OL at the combine. He scored an unofficial 9.76 #RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 15 out of 584 OC from 1987 to 2024. Made Feldman's Freak List for weight room dominance. Definitely has guard flexibility and loads of tape there, but I think he's better suited at center. Not really a true mauler, but quick feet, functional strength, by all accounts a smart and high character guy.

Originally posted by scooterhd:
Watching the tape on Graham Barton and its very good, but Jacob Monk is also an impressive player. Rare 5 year starter having played 55 games. More than 10+ games stating at tackle, guard, and center so he is very experienced. 2 time team captain.

Athletic profile is there. Uncle played in the NFL. His dad had a short NFL contract. His 1.66 10 yard split is the fastest ever for an OL at the combine. He scored an unofficial 9.76 #RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 15 out of 584 OC from 1987 to 2024. Made Feldman's Freak List for weight room dominance. Definitely has guard flexibility and loads of tape there, but I think he's better suited at center. Not really a true mauler, but quick feet, functional strength, by all accounts a smart and high character guy.

Nice find. Gotta check him out.
I hope they are also aggressive in bringing in OL UDFA's as well. There's going to be some decent talent leftover. I want to see an offensive line Thunderdome of sorts, just load up and let everyone compete all out.
I hope they are also aggressive in bringing in OL UDFA's as well. There's going to be some decent talent leftover. I want to see an offensive line Thunderdome of sorts, just load up and let everyone compete all out.

Agree. As far as top athletic profiles on OL. Again, the physical tools are nice but technique ultimately always wins over all that.
Originally posted by Sickaa:

I doubt it with all the FA signings

Agree. As far as top athletic profiles on OL. Again, the physical tools are nice but technique ultimately always wins over all that.

I still have hopes for Ilm Manning making the roster next season
Share 49ersWebzone