There are 199 users in the forums

2024 Draft Class: OL

Mims not working out at Georgia proday today. Hamstring issue. It was a Quad at the combine right? Thinking about jumping onto the Fautanu train instead.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I hope they are also aggressive in bringing in OL UDFA's as well. There's going to be some decent talent leftover. I want to see an offensive line Thunderdome of sorts, just load up and let everyone compete all out.

Agree. As far as top athletic profiles on OL. Again, the physical tools are nice but technique ultimately always wins over all that.

I still have hopes for Ilm Manning making the roster next season

He was signed by Carolina. We screwed ourselves.
I hope they are also aggressive in bringing in OL UDFA's as well. There's going to be some decent talent leftover. I want to see an offensive line Thunderdome of sorts, just load up and let everyone compete all out.

Agree. As far as top athletic profiles on OL. Again, the physical tools are nice but technique ultimately always wins over all that.

What? When? Damnit, I'll never understand how Zakejl and Pryor made the team over him
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Mims not working out at Georgia proday today. Hamstring issue. It was a Quad at the combine right? Thinking about jumping onto the Fautanu train instead.

Maybe Mims actually falls to 31 now.

That is concerning though.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

For all we know, if his draft stock wasn't tied to it, it might be so minor he'd play through it every Sunday. And a Quad pull while running the 40 isn't a big concern in general. His ankle injury during the season is unrelated. Typically I wouldn't mind, but we do know that guys that are abnormally large and explosive can tend to deal with injuries.

Isn't injury issues a part of the reason his college career consists of 8 games?

Isn't injury issues a part of the reason his college career consists of 8 games?

To my knowledge, he had one injury: a high ankle sprain that required surgery. He came back after 6 weeks, presumably enough time to get back into playing but not enough time to rehab back to 100%, and was rotated in and out of the lineup. Reaggravated the same injury vs Alabama. Again, normally I'd think this is a one off. But in a man that weighs 340 lbs and moves like he's 305, it's at least worth raising an eyebrow at.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Exactly what I was gonna post.

To my knowledge, he had one injury: a high ankle sprain that required surgery. He came back after 6 weeks, presumably enough time to get back into playing but not enough time to rehab back to 100%, and was rotated in and out of the lineup. Reaggravated the same injury vs Alabama. Again, normally I'd think this is a one off. But in a man that weighs 340 lbs and moves like he's 305, it's at least worth raising an eyebrow at.

I do not think we can afford to take the gamble with our first round pick this year. There should be a few solid choices at positions of need, I'd feel better going in that direction.
I'm not too interested in Mims. Certainly would not be my trade up target. We are in win now mode. More concerned with starting production day 1 then a skills and traits guy thats valued because he could be a starting LT in the future.

Originally posted by scooterhd:
I'm not too interested in Mims. Certainly would not be my trade up target. We are in win now mode. More concerned with starting production day 1 then a skills and traits guy thats valued because he could be a starting LT in the future.

Yeah, I'm concerned with his body of work with only 8 games under his belt. Quad, hamstring, ankle.. I am on Fautanu if he's there for a possible trade up and if he's there in the low 20s. If not, just highest rated C/G and address OT after.
[ Edited by frankieuc68 on Mar 13, 2024 at 12:40 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

They say he's gonna workout at 4/10
Originally posted by frankieuc68:
Originally posted by scooterhd:

Yeah, I'm concerned with his body of work with only 8 games under his belt. Quad, hamstring, ankle.. I am on Fautanu if he's there for a possible trade up if he's there in the low 20s. If not, just highest rated C/G and address OT after.

no question Fautanu...he got feet super quick

What? When? Damnit, I'll never understand how Zakejl and Pryor made the team over him

Politics. No other reason. Just ridiculous.

Politics. No other reason. Just ridiculous.

One of my biggest gripes with Kyle is his reluctance to trust young players. I also think they were concerned with his ability to run block. That being said, he should have been given a roster spot.
Share 49ersWebzone