There are 224 users in the forums

2024 Draft Class: OL

Originally posted by Waterbear:
One of my biggest gripes with Kyle is his reluctance to trust young players. I also think they were concerned with his ability to run block. That being said, he should have been given a roster spot.

Imagine how the SB might have ended had they been more concerned with the OL's ability to pass block..
Originally posted by 49erFaithfullest:
Originally posted by frankieuc68:
Originally posted by scooterhd:
I'm not too interested in Mims. Certainly would not be my trade up target. We are in win now mode. More concerned with starting production day 1 then a skills and traits guy thats valued because he could be a starting LT in the future.

Yeah, I'm concerned with his body of work with only 8 games under his belt. Quad, hamstring, ankle.. I am on Fautanu if he's there for a possible trade up if he's there in the low 20s. If not, just highest rated C/G and address OT after.

no question Fautanu...he got feet super quick

Not a chance he makes it close to us imo
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I'm not too interested in Mims. Certainly would not be my trade up target. We are in win now mode. More concerned with starting production day 1 then a skills and traits guy thats valued because he could be a starting LT in the future.

Yeah, I'm concerned with his body of work with only 8 games under his belt. Quad, hamstring, ankle.. I am on Fautanu if he's there for a possible trade up if he's there in the low 20s. If not, just highest rated C/G and address OT after.

Yup.

I do think Mims has a chance though, and we should run to the podium if he does.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Yup.

I do think Mims has a chance though, and we should run to the podium if he does.

Some project Fautanu at Guard so I can see a slip there happening along with a team falling in love with Mims size/athleticism.

Fautanu>Mims
Wondering if JC Latham isn't quietly the 49ers target. They've met with him a couple of times, he has the kind of athleticism that Shanahan covets and projects out to be a long term starter at LT so they could play him immediately at RT and have a future replacement for Trent in-house. Of course he'd require a significant trade up, an investment that you only can make if you believe that he has the upside to be an upper tier LT.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Wondering if JC Latham isn't quietly the 49ers target. They've met with him a couple of times, he has the kind of athleticism that Shanahan covets and projects out to be a long term starter at LT so they could play him immediately at RT and have a future replacement for Trent in-house. Of course he'd require a significant trade up, an investment that you only can make if you believe that he has the upside to be an upper tier LT.

I can see it. I just assumed he would be gone... just like Mims.
Imagine we trade up and grab Fautanu and Suamataia falls to 62 who we could convert to RG.

In the second tier of tackles, great length and movement skills. Not saying he's anywhere on that level but the little I've been able to find of his game footage has mostly been silly, it reminds me a lot of Larry Allen way back in the day playing at Sonoma State. Amegadjie was just steamrolling people and tossing those future lawyers and investment bankers out of the club. He was mostly playing off of physical ability, badly in need of coaching but has all the tools to be a successful NFL lineman, either at guard or tackle.

In the second tier of tackles, great length and movement skills. Not saying he's anywhere on that level but the little I've been able to find of his game footage has mostly been silly, it reminds me a lot of Larry Allen way back in the day playing at Sonoma State. Amegadjie was just steamrolling people and tossing those future lawyers and investment bankers out of the club. He was mostly playing off of physical ability, badly in need of coaching but has all the tools to be a successful NFL lineman, either at guard or tackle.

You think he's someone who can plug and play at RG? could be a R3 target

Yeah, only possible if we trade up and that's what we said as he's no chance falling out of the top 24 maybe even top 20.

Would love Latham if he's the one to trade up for. If he makes it out to around 15, will we be willing to include our top pick next year or what kind of comp are we talking about moving up?

I included Kiran on my top 10 crush list relative to where they are getting drafted. Dude got some long arms and pretty athletic. If we pass on an OT in Round 1, I like Kiran along with Blake Fisher, C Jones, Patrick Paul and Javon Foster later. But yeah, I like Amegadjie if he makes it to our 3rd round pick.How about Patrick Paul? Same thing athletic with long arm, very good pass protector and ok run blocker.
[ Edited by frankieuc68 on Mar 13, 2024 at 6:42 PM ]
I like Paul and Kiran if you pass on OT in the first but still want high upside. After that theres a few guys that you'd just be hoping can challenge McKivitz or become an average starting RT at best.
Patrick Paul sucks. Kiran absolutely can start at RG right away, especially if Feliciano isn't back. Has a decent shot to start at RT right away as well
Share 49ersWebzone