There are 230 users in the forums

2024 Draft Class: OL

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
In the second tier of tackles, great length and movement skills. Not saying he's anywhere on that level but the little I've been able to find of his game footage has mostly been silly, it reminds me a lot of Larry Allen way back in the day playing at Sonoma State. Amegadjie was just steamrolling people and tossing those future lawyers and investment bankers out of the club. He was mostly playing off of physical ability, badly in need of coaching but has all the tools to be a successful NFL lineman, either at guard or tackle.

I am a big fan of Latham, Kiran, and I think Patrick Paul also gives you a lot to work with if we went OT in round 2. Insane length and good athleticism for his astonishing size.
Wondering if JC Latham isn't quietly the 49ers target. They've met with him a couple of times, he has the kind of athleticism that Shanahan covets and projects out to be a long term starter at LT so they could play him immediately at RT and have a future replacement for Trent in-house. Of course he'd require a significant trade up, an investment that you only can make if you believe that he has the upside to be an upper tier LT.

I know Trent is back next year, but the FO seems to try to draft for need a year early. If they want to upgrade the RT, They need to draft a RT, LT, RG, and C over the next two years.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
In the second tier of tackles, great length and movement skills. Not saying he's anywhere on that level but the little I've been able to find of his game footage has mostly been silly, it reminds me a lot of Larry Allen way back in the day playing at Sonoma State. Amegadjie was just steamrolling people and tossing those future lawyers and investment bankers out of the club. He was mostly playing off of physical ability, badly in need of coaching but has all the tools to be a successful NFL lineman, either at guard or tackle.

I am a big fan of Latham, Kiran, and I think Patrick Paul also gives you a lot to work with if we went OT in round 2. Insane length and good athleticism for his astonishing size.

When I first read on Paul someone mocked him to niners at 31 and said there were some similarities to Williams. Looks more like he's a 2nd/3rd though, right? Might be a nice developmental guy
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
When I first read on Paul someone mocked him to niners at 31 and said there were some similarities to Williams. Looks more like he's a 2nd/3rd though, right? Might be a nice developmental guy

Not a fan of Paul at 31.
Hey, I won't be mad of doing our 31, 4th, 1st next year to trade up for one of the top OT. San Diego will probably shut up and have tears of joy if we somehow go this way.
1st- Latham OT
2nd- Haynes OG
3rd- Secondary
4th- Christian Jones OT
4th-DL
5th- LB
6th and 7th- best available players for depth and development type
[ Edited by frankieuc68 on Mar 14, 2024 at 10:49 AM ]
Originally posted by frankieuc68:

Not a fan of Paul at 31.
Hey, I won't be mad of doing our 31, 4th, 1st next year to trade up for one of the top OT. San Diego will probably shut up and have tears of joy if we somehow go this way.
1st- Latham OT
2nd- Haynes OG
3rd- Secondary
4th- Christian Jones OT
4th-DL
5th- LB

Looks good to me
Not a fan of Paul at 31.
1st- Latham OT
2nd- Haynes OG
3rd- Secondary
4th- Christian Jones OT
4th-DL
5th- LB

Tried to make a quick mock with similar concepts. Not quite sure the second OT is needed, or at least that high. Not likely to see much of the field as a 4th string tackle. And maybe could develop a later round guy. But regardless, makes for a fun analysis.

[ Edited by scooterhd on Mar 14, 2024 at 12:35 PM ]

Not a fan of Paul at 31.
1st- Latham OT
2nd- Haynes OG
3rd- Secondary
4th- Christian Jones OT
4th-DL
5th- LB

Yeah, it would be a bit of a reach but I might not be too surprised if there's a run on tackles. His upside is tremendous. If he works out, no one would care. We'll see what happens.
Originally posted by scooterhd:
Not a fan of Paul at 31.
1st- Latham OT
2nd- Haynes OG
3rd- Secondary
4th- Christian Jones OT
4th-DL
5th- LB

Tried to make a quick mock with similar concepts. Not quite sure the second OT is needed, or at least that high. Not likely to see much of the field as a 4th string tackle. And maybe could develop a later round guy. But regardless, makes for a fun analysis.

I like the trade up for Fautanu boy got some feet and think Suamataia can slip to 62 bc he so raw but talented enough to convert to RG. To play LT usually means your the best lineman on the squad as he did but boy can move too even though he plays a little high sometimes but thats why we have coaches to fix those issues.
Originally posted by 49erFaithfullest:
Originally posted by scooterhd:
Not a fan of Paul at 31.
1st- Latham OT
2nd- Haynes OG
3rd- Secondary
4th- Christian Jones OT
4th-DL
5th- LB

I like the trade up for Fautanu boy got some feet and think Suamataia can slip to 62 bc he so raw but talented enough to convert to RG. To play LT usually means your the best lineman on the squad as he did but boy can move too even though he plays a little high sometimes but thats why we have coaches to fix those issues.

Good with that too. Getting 3 OL players would be tremendous for sure.

Why am I see him drop in some mocks? I thought he was an easy top 20 prospect?

Jordan Mailata vibes?
Apparently Morgan had a great pro-day and teams think he can play outside. I don't know overall I'm not a massive fan at 31.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 14, 2024 at 5:54 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Apparently Morgan had a great pro-day and teams think he can play outside. I don't know overall I'm not a massive fan at 31.

Niners director of scouting was there.

I want no part of him unless it's at guard. His t-Rex arms are a deal breaker for me. I already didn't see him as much better than a top 75, late 2-3 guy. He's not bad, but doesn't jump out as a highly probable star.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

I want no part of him unless it's at guard. His t-Rex arms are a deal breaker for me. I already didn't see him as much better than a top 75, late 2-3 guy. He's not bad, but doesn't jump out as a highly probable star.

Yeah, I was in early in the process, and the length definitely was the issue. Pass.
Share 49ersWebzone