There are 212 users in the forums

2024 Draft Class: OL

Originally posted by 49erFaithfullest:
This years draft is rare stacked at T which is why I say invest a future 1rst which we typically don't draft well anyway. Fautanu is different in the way he moves, there won't be another player like him for a while and think he slips bc most teams like the size in the other T when I think 6'4 is perfect leverage for OL position. Suamataia can move too but again Fautanu move different.

It's a stacked OT class so you want to toss away future 1sts to get one?

Whomever is OT6/7 in this class is easily a top 5 OT in any other draft class.

Let's be smart with our picks. If a move up makes sense and it's not gonna cost this team value high end picks now or next yr. Sweet…if not draft the best guy there regardless of need. We can use good talent anywhere.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by NCommand:
And you trust this FO to pick up Chris Jones 2.0 over Javon Kinlaw 2.0? Let's learn from past mistakes, here.

I hear you overall about BPA. I'm just not trusting this FO there with a DT.

Let's try something totally radical and go OL or CB.

I expect this FO to do better than damn near every single FO. Our roster speaks for itself.

let's draft the best player that's sitting there. I know that's wild.

I do too. Just not with defense...in the 1st round. Unless it's a Bosa.
And you trust this FO to pick up Chris Jones 2.0 over Javon Kinlaw 2.0? Let's learn from past mistakes, here.

I expect this FO to do better than damn near every single FO. Our roster speaks for itself.

No one hits 100% anywhere. Don't care what team it is. They still have one of the best rosters and defenses in football. That's because of our FO and coaching staff.

I know how much you love KC. They haven't been nailing 1st rd picks either.
That's a good way of looking at it. I'm starting to hear chatter of a S at 31. Any high end FS's in this draft?

Anyone chattering about S at 31 hasn't paid attention to this draft class. Overall this is a massively weak S class, especially early. I don't even think there will be a single S taken in the 1st.

also I thought you were gonna get me a list of lineman you like and why? You talk so much about OL & how s**tty ours is and whatnot. You should be figuring out who those guys should be (not just in RD1). I'd like to see who and why from NC

Would love to see it as well so he can stop turning this into the OL thread 2.0

No one hits 100% anywhere. Don't care what team it is. They still have one of the best rosters and defenses in football. That's because of our FO and coaching staff.

I know how much you love KC. They haven't been nailing 1st rd picks either.

It's OK to admit this team has been very poor in the first round esp. with defensive picks. Like you said, they make up for it elsewhere. And yes, even if they do go OL or CB, there's no guarantee there either.

I don't care about KC...just like how they prioritize the OL to help PM win Superbowls. Andy is a former OL. He gets it.
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 18, 2024 at 4:57 AM ]
It's OK to admit this team has been very poor in the first round esp. with defensive picks. Like you said, they make up for it elsewhere. And yes, even if they do go OL or CB, there's no guarantee there either.

I don't care about KC...just like how they prioritize the OL to help PM win Superbowls. Andy is a former OL. He gets it.

What does Andy get? He's spent 1 first rd pick on a OL since he got to KC & it was one of the worst drafts in NFL history. f**king Eric Fisher at 1 overall lol. Dude was about as avg as it gets, especially for being the 1st overall pick.

Outside of that it's been day 2/3 guys littered all over that OL.

Andy's OTs were complete s**t this yr. Totally disagree that they've prioritized the OL. They've gotten lucky that creed and smith turned into good starters.

and yo, where's my OL prospect list and breakdowns on who you want? You love talking about how bad our guys are. I want to see who you think makes this team better, when they should be drafted, +/- of each project etc. thanks 😉
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 18, 2024 at 8:54 AM ]

What does Andy get? He's spent 1 first rd pick on a OL since he got to KC & it was one of the worst drafts in NFL history. f**king Eric Fisher at 1 overall lol. Dude was about as avg as it gets, especially for being the 1st overall pick.

Outside of that it's been day 2/3 guys littered all over that OL.

Andy's OTs were complete s**t this yr. Totally disagree that they've prioritized the OL. They've gotten lucky that creed and smith turned into good starters.

and yo, where's my OL prospect list and breakdowns on who you want? You love talking about how bad our guys are. I want to see who you think makes this team better, when they should be drafted, +/- of each project etc. thanks 😉

He simply has an eye for talent and development. And when he loses Superbowls because of his OL, he immediately rebuilds it and attacks it as a top priority.

He's had tier 1 OL when he won Superbowls. This last year it was high Tier 2 overall with a Tier 1 interior.

I told you you don't read. I already responded to your last paragraph in here.
He simply has an eye for talent and development. And when he loses Superbowls because of his OL, he immediately rebuilds it and attacks it as a top priority.

He's had tier 1 OL when he won Superbowls. This last year it was high Tier 2 overall with a Tier 1 interior.

He does? Only guys I'm seeing out of his 10 yrs in KC that turned into solid lineman were both guys from 2021, Mitch Morse (who they didn't resign), and spending the 1 overall pick on Eric Fisher lol.

Using some else's options on "tiers" to defend a stance is pretty wack man. You can't have a "tier 1" OL when you have avg to below avg starting OTs. That's the truth of it. Having the new GOAT at QB is what is winning him super bowls, let's keep s**t real.

I don't remember you telling me anything? Please post it again for me. I would like to see what you got, you should have plently of insight/thoughts on all these projects with the amount of time you spend talking about OL, right no hate or anything.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 18, 2024 at 11:17 AM ]
Deal up for the best Tackle we can get to. At a slot we can reach. Trent Williams may retire eventually. Our RT is sub par. I'm sick of being the worst offensive line of all the playoff teams. Feliciano can be RG. We can get G and C in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th rounds. Lets build out this offensive line.

He does? Only guys I'm seeing out of his 10 yrs in KC that turned into solid lineman were both guys from 2021, Mitch Morse (who they didn't resign), and spending the 1 overall pick on Eric Fisher lol.

Using some else's options on "tiers" to defend a stance is pretty wack man. You can't have a "tier 1" OL when you have avg to below avg starting OTs. That's the truth of it. Having the new GOAT at QB is what is winning him super bowls, let's keep s**t real.

I don't remember you telling me anything? Please post it again for me. I would like to see what you got, you should have plently of insight/thoughts on all these projects with the amount of time you spend talking about OL, right no hate or anything.

Creed? Buying OL is the same as recognizing the talent. He's done both, hence the current tier 1 interior. Yes, because his T's weren't awesome it dropped them down to tier 2.

That's a cheap way out. We've also seen PM get mauled and have his worst seasons when he doesn't have his tier 1 OL. This is why you need both. PM with a tier 1 OL just isn't fair. Watch what Andy does this year at T.

Previous page:
This year? I'm done. 7 years of off season plans in FA and the draft and ZERO matches from the FO.

They're on their own this year (so to speak). I'm no longer invested. If they fix it, we'll win. If they don't, we're the Bills.
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 18, 2024 at 11:23 AM ]

Creed? Buying OL is the same as recognizing the talent. He's done both, hence the current tier 1 interior. Yes, because his T's weren't awesome it dropped them down to tier 2.

That's a cheap way out. We've also seen PM get mauled and have his worst seasons when he doesn't have his tier 1 OL. This is why you need both. PM with a tier 1 OL just isn't fair. Watch what Andy does this year at T.

Previous page:
This year? I'm done. 7 years of off season plans in FA and the draft and ZERO matches from the FO.

They're on their own this year (so to speak). I'm no longer invested. If they fix it, we'll win. If they don't, we're the Bills.

To be fair, did you watch the superbowl? Eye test and statistics tell you our DL performed better vs their OL than vice versa. Their OL was not good our DL played a hell of a game.
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:

Previous page:

To be fair, did you watch the superbowl? Eye test and statistics tell you our DL performed better vs their OL than vice versa. Their OL was not good our DL played a hell of a game.

Best of luck to you
Realistically Suamataia at 31 makes sense imo

Dream scenario trade up for a slipping Fautanu around 20ish and snag a falling Suamataia @63 or trade up from 63.

Fautanu can start immediately at RT eventually replacing Trent Williams at LT and
Suamataia can start immediately at RG eventually replace Colton McKivitz at RT

Dream scenario trade up for a slipping Fautanu around 20ish and snag a falling Suamataia @63 or trade up from 63.

Fautanu can start immediately at RT eventually replacing Trent Williams at LT and

That would be cool but that trade up would be too steep. Probably talking next years first. A lot of teams in the back half of the draft need OL help so i'm starting to think all the first rd graded guys will be gone so whoever we have graded as 2nd round talent would probably need to be picked at 31.
Originally posted by miked1978:

That would be cool but that trade up would be too steep. Probably talking next years first. A lot of teams in the back half of the draft need OL help so i'm starting to think all the first rd graded guys will be gone so whoever we have graded as 2nd round talent would probably need to be picked at 31.

I'd give up next years 1rst bc this OL draft class is RARE and we won't be able to get this type of talent so deep in the 1rst and we'd essentially picking late 1rst rd year in year out but like I said realistically Suamataia at 31 I'm fine with...the dream scenario though gets me wet but if you think about why niners traded up for Lance was bc they wouldn't be in a position to get that kind of talent early in the draft even though it didn't work out.
Share 49ersWebzone