There are 201 users in the forums

2024 Draft Class: OL

Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Everything I've read on him sounds like he could plug and play at C year 1. But seems like they like brendel

I don't think Shanny trusts a rookie. He's never had a rookie center in his career.

But that shouldn't preclude them from drafting one, especially if he can play guard. Have that dude come in, earn Shanny's trust and take over center in a year or two.
Everything I've read on him sounds like he could plug and play at C year 1. But seems like they like brendel

He could upgrade either guard spot more than likely for the time being as well. But I'd sure hope they wouldn't pass on him for the reason of being content with Brendel. Of course, it's definitely something I could see them doing.
Originally posted by Heroism:

I don't think Shanny trusts a rookie. He's never had a rookie center in his career.

But that shouldn't preclude them from drafting one, especially if he can play guard. Have that dude come in, earn Shanny's trust and take over center in a year or two.

It's wild for me to accept that (you're right by the way).

Kyle is currently starting a center that had 3 career starts in the NFL back in 2018 Dude was cut multiple times (including us in 2021). Then magically became the starter in 2022

he's hasn't been complete dog s**t. He shouldn't be a starting center on a Super Bowl roster though.

Have not watched that video yet, but Did they talk about Frazier at all? Some good future C out there that can play G initially
Have not watched that video yet, but Did they talk about Frazier at all? Some good future C out there that can play G initially

He did come up. Schwartz said he likes him in round 2.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Geoff Schwartz is currently live talking potential picks for the 49ers' OL the draft w/ Guy Haberman. Cliff notes: Schwartz likes Jordan Morgan and Graham Barton at 31 for SF. He says both can play tackle in the 49ers' offense. He also said trading up is a terrible idea because of how deep the OL class is.

Hes right about trading up.

I disagree. Mims and Latham fit our scheme and are much better players overall

I'd prefer we trade up or trade down, but staying pat and taking the best tackle is not the way to go this year IMO.

What good would it do to get a slight upgrade at RT in year 1 when our window is NOW. A corner, defensive end, defensive tackle, or wide receiver would all impact the team more.

If the grade merits a 1st round pick then you should make the move unless a too good of an offer to pass up is there.

Benefit being you get the 5th year option. If you hit on a RT or even Trent's eventual replacement that 5th year option is big to have so you can wait on the extension a year later than you'd have to do for 2nd+ rounder.

Boooo

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Geoff Schwartz is currently live talking potential picks for the 49ers' OL the draft w/ Guy Haberman. Cliff notes: Schwartz likes Jordan Morgan and Graham Barton at 31 for SF. He says both can play tackle in the 49ers' offense. He also said trading up is a terrible idea because of how deep the OL class is.

I disagree. Mims and Latham fit our scheme and are much better players overall

I'd prefer we trade up or trade down, but staying pat and taking the best tackle is not the way to go this year IMO.

What good would it do to get a slight upgrade at RT in year 1 when our window is NOW. A corner, defensive end, defensive tackle, or wide receiver would all impact the team more.

I think he said you're not giving the farm to move up. Like don't be tossing future 1sts to move up and get a OT.

I'd rather give up a future first to land Latham or Mims then take a tackle at 31. I think the depth of the OL helps us in this situation because the two players I mentioned could be the first tackle off the board in other drafts.
Boooo

Slater and Latham would be a hell of a tackle combo. And Herbert's gonna need all the time in the world since they traded all his weapons away.

Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Slater and Latham would be a hell of a tackle combo. And Herbert's gonna need all the time in the world since they traded all his weapons away.

Time for all the downfield blockers to get into position?

Assuming the context is trading up higher into the 1st round??

Because virtually everyone will be attempting to "trade up" throughout the draft.
Not sure what he means by seasoning? Technique wise he's already there imo. His issue is lack of overall length and core strength.

He's worth drafting on day 2. Day 1 would be ridiculous imo.

Thanks.

here's a short commentary on him.

https://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2024/03/20/49ers-mel-kiper-mock-draft-prediction-roger-rosengarten/?utm_source=49ersWebZone&utm_medium=dt&utm_campaign=affref

Baghdad maiocco telling us McKivitz is great…great
Boooo

They are going to pick Nabers imo
Share 49ersWebzone