There are 232 users in the forums

2024 Draft Class: OL

Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
The 49ers did not punt on FA

. My guess is he heard it on one of his podcasts so now He's just going to keep repeating himself per usual
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
. My guess is he heard it on one of his podcasts so now He's just going to keep repeating himself per usual

Just sign FAs. Doesn't matter how they play. You just have to show you care.
PFF's latest mock has Amarius Mims falling to us at pick #31. My question is, do you think he's the guy for the job? He played at Georgia which is usually a good thing for offensive linemen prospects, but he's only played in eight games and he's been injured during the season plus at the Combine. Kid has all the measurables but not the experience. What do you think?
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
PFF's latest mock has Amarius Mims falling to us at pick #31. My question is, do you think he's the guy for the job? He played at Georgia which is usually a good thing for offensive linemen prospects, but he's only played in eight games and he's been injured during the season plus at the Combine. Kid has all the measurables but not the experience. What do you think?

The last time we took a dude late in round 1 with injury concerns, it didn't work out too well for us. I guess the same thing could be said about the mid first round too. LOL
I'm hoping for a Tackle with the first pick. Someone who can compete and hopefully win the RT position year 1 with enough upside to replace Trent on the left a year or two from now. Similar to the beginning of Staley's career.

Who that would be I have no idea. I don't follow college enough. I'm just throwing out there that I'd prefer a Tackle and not a Guard/Center prospect with the first pick. I'll take that guy with the second pick though!
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
https://www.ninersnation.com/2024/3/19/24105893/chop-robinson-roger-rosengarten-mel-kiper-trent-williams-colton-mckivitz-49ers-draft

Kiiper thinks w/more seasoning the guy would be a top 10 pick next year.

Worth taking a flyer on??

Not sure what he means by seasoning? Technique wise he's already there imo. His issue is lack of overall length and core strength.

He's worth drafting on day 2. Day 1 would be ridiculous imo.

Hmmmm.... a lil more context needed on range since trades do happen and there's only a spot or 2 difference between day 1 & day 2.

It's all about vision and what you envision a player developing into. Virtually anyone worth a day 2 pick is capable of sneaking up into day 1 depending on how a staff envisions their development.
Originally posted by NCommand:
=You're too stubborn to realize minimizing the G position has cost us Superbowl wins in the end.

Making a new "theme" line since all of the other ones failed this past season,...then ride the wheels off of it all offseason.

Kinda like last year. Only last offseason, the offseason theme was that it was the RT to blame for Brock getting a freak injury (as Hasaan Reddick came in unabated), costing us a chance to go all the way.

This year it is the RG and someone's supposedly said so and knew this "from the beginning."

Is anyone fooled?

Nothing here about the 49ers,...everything I see is positioning oneself on a message board for empty arguments.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.
[ Edited by random49er on Mar 23, 2024 at 11:14 AM ]
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by 49erFaithfullest:
As good as Trent Williams is he did ruin one drive with a holding and false start. No one ever seems to mention this

They're too busy with narrative-construction to discuss what really happened.
Yet Colton McKivitz was reliable and had a clean game and people call for his head and say he "sucks."
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Just sign FAs. Doesn't matter how they play. You just have to show you care.

Simply block everyone that asks for details and nuance regarding these crazy offseason thoughts, since he whiffs on blocks like our RG on an important play.

In this way his plans are always fool-proof.
[ Edited by random49er on Mar 23, 2024 at 11:20 AM ]
The last time we took a dude late in round 1 with injury concerns, it didn't work out too well for us. I guess the same thing could be said about the mid first round too. LOL

Injuries and tackle football. Let's discuss them. Should be thought-provoking.

Originally posted by random49er:
=You're too stubborn to realize minimizing the G position has cost us Superbowl wins in the end.

Making a new "theme" line since all of the other ones failed this past season,...then ride the wheels off of it all offseason.

Kinda like last year. Only last offseason, the offseason theme was that it was the RT to blame for Brock getting a freak injury (as Hasaan Reddick came in unabated), costing us a chance to go all the way.

This year it is the RG and someone's supposedly said so and knew this "from the beginning."

Is anyone fooled?

Nothing here about the 49ers,...everything I see is positioning oneself on a message board for empty arguments.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Don't forget how someone mentioned "punt on FA" and now he runs with it every post.
Originally posted by Howlett49:
Don't forget how someone mentioned "punt on FA" and now he runs with it every post.

Is Ben Bartch and John Feliciano an upgrade over Ben Bartch and John Feliciano?

They certainly didn't punt in FA for the DL, huh?
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

Don't like it at all. Pure traits guy. Gotta have skill, technique, experience, smarts to play in KS system.

They didn't address the OL in FA. You're right. They "punted". The funny thing is someone else used those choice of words and then you ran with the phrase. It's annoying to me when someone uses someone else's term or phrase constantly thereafter, as if it's their own.

This is the draft OL thread. Keep all your b******t to your everyone's blocked , safe space OL thread that you've already ruined.
Share 49ersWebzone