There are 239 users in the forums

2024 Draft Class: OL

Originally posted by NCommand:
That's your issue. A high end G will help everyone on the line. The OL is a unit. You're only as strong as your weakest link (you've already agreed with Hero/Schwartz on that).

I agree that at 31, I don't want to see a position move. I'm with you. BUT the T-G switch is by far the most common and successful of all the moves at the NFL level. A good chunk of T's are already being pinned to G at the next level.

And to clarify, I was talking about not ruling out a T after 31 and considering a position switch if that was the BPA. It's far less of an issue in this system. Also, not ruling out a top G at 31 if that's BPA...just because it's a "G." That's silly. Especially coming from a 49er fan at this junction.

Who's a high end OG sitting there? I see a couple projection OT to OGs and nothing else.

Go look at the league and see where a majority of starting OGs are being drafted…it sure as s**t isn't in the 1st rd.

Higher picks are for higher impact positions. You will never admit it but OG is low on the totem pole in roster building. It's the truth of it…it's why there's always a f**k ton of them available in FA and why most of them aren't 1st rd picks.
You tell me. It's not ONE year but EIGHT off seasons of FA of which they only bought one legit C.

As to the DL, again, this is their own fault. They buy 1 year annual contracts so need to do this every year. They draft poorly as well. So again, they're forced to buy again instead of using those funds for other areas of the team. Areas that ACTUALLY cost them Superbowls.

They brought in a hall of famer in Mack and made Richburg one of the highest paid centers in football at the time.

they buy one yr deals because more legit DE aren't available in FA for a reason.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
He doesn't know. He's just gonna wait till some random guy performs in the league and lament not drafting him like he always does.

Spends all of his time talking about how the OL lost us SB's then when he's called on that reverts back to his laundry list. Yet you can look throughout this entire forum and the only thing he has ever posted about needing to improve is special teams. Never secondary. Never QB when Jimmy was here. Never skill players or lb depth. Just OL and Special Teams.

It's unreal man. Talking about KC and them "spending" on their IOL. Literally spent for one OG drafted a center with the last pick in the 2nd and a 6th rd RG.

Never mind that 2019 SB team which had a 7th rd OG/ UDFA center/6th rd OG 😂
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 23, 2024 at 5:00 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
He bought one lol. He got rid of a better OT for a worse one. He didn't replace his RT issue via the draft. He grabbed a career subpar one.

You're too stubborn to acknowledging ANYTHING else that led to those losses because it devalues your offensive guard or bust crap.

Who's the great OG/C that are suppose to be there at 31? Talk about them and tell me why they fit? Instead of constantly dodging the question and just constantly complaining.

He doesn't know. He's just gonna wait till some random guy performs in the league and lament not drafting him like he always does.

Spends all of his time talking about how the OL lost us SB's then when he's called on that reverts back to his laundry list. Yet you can look throughout this entire forum and the only thing he has ever posted about needing to improve is special teams. Never secondary. Never QB when Jimmy was here. Never skill players or lb depth. Just OL and Special Teams.

Hes had 7 years of plans…he just can't put them into words !! Can't make this s**t up. Good to see big mouth know nothing still talking out of his ass
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Mar 23, 2024 at 8:58 PM ]
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
He bought one lol. He got rid of a better OT for a worse one. He didn't replace his RT issue via the draft. He grabbed a career subpar one.

You're too stubborn to acknowledging ANYTHING else that led to those losses because it devalues your offensive guard or bust crap.

Who's the great OG/C that are suppose to be there at 31? Talk about them and tell me why they fit? Instead of constantly dodging the question and just constantly complaining.

Hes had 7 years of plans…he just can't put them into words !! Can't make this s**t up. Good to see big mouth no nothing still talking out of his ass

I love NC but man this is a OL prospect page. Not a let's complain about OL page.

Talk about the guys you like don't like and why.
That's your issue. A high end G will help everyone on the line. The OL is a unit. You're only as strong as your weakest link (you've already agreed with Hero/Schwartz on that).

I agree that at 31, I don't want to see a position move. I'm with you. BUT the T-G switch is by far the most common and successful of all the moves at the NFL level. A good chunk of T's are already being pinned to G at the next level.

And to clarify, I was talking about not ruling out a T after 31 and considering a position switch if that was the BPA. It's far less of an issue in this system. Also, not ruling out a top G at 31 if that's BPA...just because it's a "G." That's silly. Especially coming from a 49er fan at this junction.

Who's a high end OG sitting there? I see a couple projection OT to OGs and nothing else.

Go look at the league and see where a majority of starting OGs are being drafted…it sure as s**t isn't in the 1st rd.

Higher picks are for higher impact positions. You will never admit it but OG is low on the totem pole in roster building. It's the truth of it…it's why there's always a f**k ton of them available in FA and why most of them aren't 1st rd picks.

Right, because they're all being bought in FA instead.

It's not low if you use it to build a tier 1 interior instead of the more traditional T-C-T priority. I like T-C-T as well but there are different ways of building a top unit.

Obviously your idea of minimizing the importance of G has been a proven colossal failure.

So yeah, let's not do that anymore.

Above anything else, just add some effing talent to this unit. No matter the position "value."

It's no surprise the 3 (*edit, 4) most proven wrong posters on the subject are in here back to back to back. Oh, the ironing.
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 23, 2024 at 6:44 PM ]

It's unreal man. Talking about KC and them "spending" on their IOL. Literally spent for one OG drafted a center with the last pick in the 2nd and a 6th rd RG.

Never mind that 2019 SB team which had a 7th rd OG/ UDFA center/6th rd OG 😂

That's it huh, after all these years? Just bought/traded Thuney last year. That's it.

Yeah, they draft/develop far better than us. 2019 was a tier 1 OL. Why can't we do that here?
no OLinemen named yet. I see why another OL draft thread has now been bumped... lol.
[ Edited by random49er on Mar 23, 2024 at 6:36 PM ]
...to back.

Anyhow, back to the players we're not drafting.
...to back.

Anyhow, back to the players we're not drafting.

I don't know about 31 but trading back a bit and taking someone like Beebe, Haynes or Mahogany wouldn't be that crazy. Beebe likely goes within the first five or six picks of the 2nd round and I'm guessing Haynes won't be far behind.

Small school lineman that has been picking up a lot of steam. Gained some notice from the Shrine Bowl and followed it up with an outstanding Combine and reportedly a great Pro Day yesterday. A very natural fit in an outside zone based scheme and some teams are considering him at center as well.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I don't know about 31 but trading back a bit and taking someone like Beebe, Haynes or Mahogany wouldn't be that crazy. Beebe likely goes within the first five or six picks of the 2nd round and I'm guessing Haynes won't be far behind.

Was hoping those 3 would be going more towards the backend of the 2nd and into the 3rd.
I love NC but man this is a OL prospect page. Not a let's complain about OL page.

Talk about the guys you like don't like and why.

He will talk about the guys he like from this draft in a year after he cherry picks who did well.
Share 49ersWebzone