There are 217 users in the forums

2024 Draft Class: OL

Originally posted by illinois9er:
This thread sucks lol. I wish there was a BS filter so it can clean up the bickering ha.

Zero bickering from me until NC came in here and trying trying it into the OL thread
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Personally, I'm fine with drafting an interior OLineman if you think he's an all-pro caliber player from the second he hits the field and a top 6-8 player at his position during his rookie contract. If they see that in Barton, so be it. I do not think, however, that Barton has any chance at sticking at tackle. Fautanu I believe a team should and will try at tackle first. I don't think Barton gets that same opportunity, nor do I think he should.

He'd better be an all-pro player. Just not a premium position to be spending a 1st on.

I think Fautanu is a OT at the next level.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
That makes you feel better because you clearly don't value Guards in the first round. BPA is BPA to me and if that's a guard who is clearly the best player with All Pros and Pro Bowls in his future, so be it. I'd take that all day over the Mike McGlinchey average to below average starter positional value picks.

you're trying to use my words against me…so I changed them to fit what I'm trying to say. BPA of positional value.

If BPA is BPA then you should have no problem drafting a kicker in the 1st if that's the best player. You shouldn't have been upset taking Mooney in the 3rd. It's not different at all.

McGlinchey is sitting pretty with his $85M contract regardless of how you feel about him. The fact that even he's making that amount of cash, shows you how much more valuable that position is overall.

like I said the league is made up of a ton of good OGs that weren't first rd picks. Only 2 of the top 15 OGs in the league (per PFF) were drafted in the 1st.

lol when the hell is a kicker going to be BPA in th first? Quit reaching man. And yeah the 3rd round is a lot different than the first round, huge reach again, and Moody was not the BPA there either, at least in my mind he wasn't. Mcglinchey getting paid what he did doesn't mean he's good nor does/did it mean he was a better player than Nelson in that draft. Every team in the league would've taken Nelson over him then and if there were a draft tomorrow would still take Nelson over him. Are you suggesting that you would take MM over Nelson because of the position they play?
This thread sucks lol. I wish there was a BS filter so it can clean up the bickering ha.

There is the option of not coming in this thread??? Didn't know threads for discussion were made for everyone to agree and hold hands singing

like this
lol when the hell is a kicker going to be BPA in th first? Quit reaching man. And yeah the 3rd round is a lot different than the first round, huge reach again, and Moody was not the BPA there either, at least in my mind he wasn't. Mcglinchey getting paid what he did doesn't mean he's good nor does/did it mean he was a better player than Nelson in that draft. Every team in the league would've taken Nelson over him then and if there were a draft tomorrow would still take Nelson over him. Are you suggesting that you would take MM over Nelson because of the position they play?

It's the same principle man. You yourself said you hated taking him in the 3rd. Clearly they thought he was BPA there…so you contradicting yourself.

maybe I don't think 99% of OGs are BPA in the first rd for the simple idea that it's not a premium position?

clearly the league thinks he's better than you do because he DID get paid a f**k ton. OT >>>>>>> OG and it's not close.

cool they have a f**king expensive OG. They aren't winning s**t with him. They've drafted horribly and are paying guys that's don't play premium positions a ton of cash (OG/RB). Like I said 13 of the 15 top OGs this yr weren't even 1st rd picks.

I don't even know that the problem is? You and I different philosophies on the draft. Big deal.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 25, 2024 at 3:26 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

It's the same principle man. You yourself said you hated taking him in the 3rd. Clearly they thought he was BPA there…so you contradicting yourself.

maybe I don't think 99% of OGs are BPA in the first rd for the simple idea that it's not a premium position?

clearly the league thinks he's better than you do because he DID get paid a f**k ton. OT >>>>>>> OG and it's not close.

cool they have a f**king expensive OG. They aren't winning s**t with him. They've drafted horribly and are paying guys that's don't play premium positions a ton of cash (OG/RB). Like I said 13 of the 15 top OGs this yr weren't even 1st rd picks.

I don't even know that the problem is? You and I different philosophies on the draft. Big deal.

WTF? Dude it's hard to have conversations with you cause you go out there man. You telling me that because the 49ers drafted Moody in the 3rd, that I……..I am contradicting myself? And when the hell was the argument whether OT>OG or vice versa? Forget it. Yeah let's just end with we have different philosophies and what I said a few pages ago is what it is. Big deal is right
WTF? Dude it's hard to have conversations with you cause you go out there man. You telling me that because the 49ers drafted Moody in the 3rd, that I……..I am contradicting myself? And when the hell was the argument whether OT>OG or vice versa? Forget it. Yeah let's just end with we have different philosophies and what I said a few pages ago is what it is. Big deal is right

How's it any different? You didn't think he was BPA. You said he wasn't. Clearly they did and made the pick. That's how I feel about OG in the first rd. Much like you can find kickers late day 3 or as UDFAs. You can find good guards on day 2/3. Again the league is littered with them and most of the top guys weren't 1st rd picks. It's not a premium position and you're using a premium pick to draft one.

YOU brought up Nelson vs McG I didn't. One plays OG one plays OT. Hence the discourse.

This all started with the idea of drafting a OT to be moved inside, which I hate more than just drafting a OG to play OG in the 1st.

agree to disagree
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 25, 2024 at 4:43 PM ]
I had responded to a post on Twitter the day of the proday; they were listing the draft eligible prospects that they assumed the 49ers would be there to see and I had said I wouldn't be surprised if they liked Trente Jones.

He's not a well known name, but I think he's a OT to OG conversion that the niners will love, outside of the first round

There is the option of not coming in this thread??? Didn't know threads for discussion were made for everyone to agree and hold hands singing

Yes that's exactly what I was asking, way to blow it out of proportion.

Yes that's exactly what I was asking, way to blow it out of proportion.

Dude you come into a thread and comment saying it sucks because there's bickering going on. Have you been to the webzone forums? lol sorry if I hurt your feelings because that didn't look like a question to me
Dude you come into a thread and comment saying it sucks because there's bickering going on. Have you been to the webzone forums? lol sorry if I hurt your feelings because that didn't look like a question to me

No I've never been to the webzine forums and yes you hurt my feelings.
[ Edited by illinois9er on Mar 25, 2024 at 7:37 PM ]

No I've never been to the webzine forums and yes you hurt my feelings.

Thanks for that. Needed it after my back and fourth with NY all day
Would really like this
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/49ers-3-round-2024-mock-draft/ar-BB1kuCvn?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=0c7c46a16c754fd4a1e33ab00e82e4c5&ei=11
Share 49ersWebzone