There are 214 users in the forums

2024 Draft Class: OL

Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by illinois9er:
I'm intrigued by Kingsley

As am I. I moved him up to my last case scenario option

Wouldn't be mad at picking him at all. Young and full of potential and what he needs cleaned up is teachable. I know some hate him but what do you expect at the end of the first round OTs?

Yeah I don't see why anyone would hate him? He might not be ready day 1 to be the starting RT, if he was he would be a top 15 pick imo. Maybe they push him inside KNOWING he's gonna be the long-time LT/RT here. I'm down with that.

He's got the upside to be a damn good OT though. Like you said, I also think our starting OL WK1 are the guys we have currently…that could change as the season goes on though.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 27, 2024 at 5:25 AM ]
Unfortunately he won't be there at 31

I don't see how you don't keep him at OT
Seeing more mocks of Kinsley going to the ravens.
I think Kingsley will be worse as a guard than as a tackle.

As an aside, Brandon Thorne interestingly has Kiran Amegadjie as a pretty big project and gave him a 5th round grade. I'd rather gamble on him hitting his ceiling in the 3rd or 4th round than on Kingsley hitting his in the 1st or 2nd.
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Mar 27, 2024 at 7:47 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Wouldn't be mad at picking him at all. Young and full of potential and what he needs cleaned up is teachable. I know some hate him but what do you expect at the end of the first round OTs?

Yeah I don't see why anyone would hate him? He might not be ready day 1 to be the starting RT, if he was he would be a top 15 pick imo. Maybe they push him inside KNOWING he's gonna be the long-time LT/RT here. I'm down with that.

He's got the upside to be a damn good OT though. Like you said, I also think our starting OL WK1 are the guys we have currently…that could change as the season goes on though.

Yeah the scary part is that it's Hero who hates him, and he's my guy for linemen. The part that would scare me most about him moving inside (temporarily) is that one of his weaknesses IMO is that he allows his opponent the first punch. I'm afraid he'd get knocked on his ass if he let that be a habit for those 300+ pounders. But as I mentioned, that's teachable, all of his flaws are and like you said if there wasn't he's easily a top 15 pick
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
I think Kingsley will be worse as a guard than as a tackle.

As an aside, Brandon Thorne interestingly has Kiran Amegadjie as a pretty big project and gave him a 5th round grade. I'd rather gamble on him hitting his ceiling in the 3rd or 4th round than on Kingsley hitting his in the 1st or 2nd.

Geoff Schwartz said a big fat no to Amegadjie the other day in Guy's pod.

said he's raw as s**t and did not dominate vs lower competition when at Yale. He had him as a late day 3 project pick and nothing more.

I don't think Kingsley is as raw/bad as you do. Late first early second is a good projection for him imo.
Unfortunately he won't be there at 31

I don't see how you don't keep him at OT

I got him as an OT all day, some of the best feet in the class. Dude is smooth as butter man. I'd have no problem if we traded up for him if he slipped into the 20's. In fact, I'd freaking love it
Yeah the scary part is that it's Hero who hates him, and he's my guy for linemen. The part that would scare me most about him moving inside (temporarily) is that one of his weaknesses IMO is that he allows his opponent the first punch. I'm afraid he'd get knocked on his ass if he let that be a habit for those 300+ pounders. But as I mentioned, that's teachable, all of his flaws are and like you said if there wasn't he's easily a top 15 pick

I think hero said he saw some later film and it looked better. I hope the film he was looking at was the same guy because he played RT in 2022 and move to LT in 2023. Some folks didn't know that and watched someone else at LT lol

I have a write up of him somewhere in this thread. I'll have to dig it up and repost what I saw.

I think hero said he saw some later film and it looked better. I hope the film he was looking at was the same guy because he played RT in 2022 and move to LT in 2023. Some folks didn't know that and watched someone else at LT lol

I have a write up of him somewhere in this thread. I'll have to dig it up and repost what I saw.

Oh okay that makes me feel better. Yeah hopefully it was his RT tape or not him at LT lol
Originally posted by NCommand:
Nobody is spamming. You're simply getting challenged on your views on the value and placement of the G position. Which, as you can imagine, is an odd stance coming from a 49er fan.

And that's fine. It was a quality discussion. You're cemented and closed to the idea. Others are more open to it. Big deal. It'll all probably be moot in the end anyhow.

FWIW, I hope they do get a top T or C with the first pick, circle back and get a top G and they become staples of our OL going forward. We need all three.

Nah, college is your thing. I'm just learning from you guys and look to you all as the true SME's here. Your track record speaks for itself. My focus has always been on team needs esp. those needed to get us over the hump.

Then keep it to the offensive line thread. Don't come in here blasting all that guard above all rhetoric in here. I've given you plenty of examples of why you don't need to spend a 1st on one. I've showed you the rest of the league overall doesn't do it either. It's the same s**t as drafting a RB in the 1st. It's not necessary.

this thread is to discuss prospects

Not one person said that. They said to keep an open mind towards drafting a top C/G at 31 (which is basically the 2nd round anyhow), esp. when you factor in we need all 3 OL anyhow. Include everything Including a position switch is talented too. Everything should be on the table. No need to close your mind to anything when you have needs at all 3 positions.

Fair enough.

I wouldn't necessarily hate him but I wouldn't be a fan of anyone at the pick that isn't seen as a day one contributer.
Not one person said that. They said to keep an open mind towards drafting a top C/G at 31 (which is basically the 2nd round anyhow), esp. when you factor in we need all 3 OL anyhow. Include everything Including a position switch is talented too. Everything should be on the table. No need to close your mind to anything when you have needs at all 3 positions.

Fair enough.

Hey NC, did you see what Jim Harbaugh said at the meetings about his thoughts on offensive line? Go check it out, but first, get some Vaseline and tissue paper lol

https://footballscoop.com/news/jim-harbaugh-explains-why-the-offensive-line-is-the-most-important-position-group-in-football

NC 💦

Fair enough.

Hey NC, did you see what Jim Harbaugh said at the meetings about his thoughts on offensive line? Go check it out, but first, get some Vaseline and tissue paper lol

https://footballscoop.com/news/jim-harbaugh-explains-why-the-offensive-line-is-the-most-important-position-group-in-football

NC 💦

LMAO. I actually heard indirectly via a pod about his philosophy on the OL and all of his references (fist). Love it. First thing he does is kick the WR's (position value) out the door and retains the DL. He's a big trench guy. No doubt he'll stock up in the draft too. He gets it.

Oh okay that makes me feel better. Yeah hopefully it was his RT tape or not him at LT lol

Here was my writeup…

Just watching a little of Kingsley. Man there's a lot to work with there. Ideal measureables. Dude is a mauler, especially in the run game. He's got a strong punch. He's athletic and has no problem getting to the second level. Would be good in a zone blocking scheme. Has a solid anchor. He can overset and his footwork can be sloppy. That's something that will need coaching/reps. His feet can get "skinny" he can let guys get into his chest too often and it's seems like stunts/blitzing can be an issue for him right now…I think that's an awareness thing that you can improve with more reps. I believe he's only 21 right now? So he far from a finished product.

Fair enough.

WTF are you even arguing with me about then? I never said don't take a C in the 1st. I SAID there is no reason to draft a guard in the first and gave you example after example as to why. It's the same s**t as why you shouldn't draft a RB in the first.

I said go look at this draft (and most drafts) and see where the talent is at guard. It's hardly ever in the 1st. Whether you like it or not positions like DT/OT/EDGE are premium positions that require high picks to find true studs. I've shown you that. There isn't a saturated market at DT, if you look at who's getting paid. 90% of them are top 50 picks (most 1st rd picks) is what it is. You want a stud there it's gonna cost you.

it's not being closed minded, it's looking at he economics of roster building and seeing where you can get value. You just want guard no matter what. You don't even know who the guard prospects are.

Agree to disagree like always…moving on.
Share 49ersWebzone