There are 252 users in the forums

2024 Draft Class: OL

Originally posted by NCommand:
LMAO. I actually heard indirectly via a pod about his philosophy on the OL and all of his references (fist). Love it. First thing he does is kick the WR's (position value) out the door and retains the DL. He's a big trench guy. No doubt he'll stock up in the draft too. He gets it.

Gets how to lose to inferior teams in the SB because he doesn't value a functioning passing attack.
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
That said, we all need to keep it real with ourselves cause we know what's going to happen. We trotting out the same OL this season
TW-Banks-Brendel-JF-Mckivitz

I see us getting an OT in rounds 2 or 3. But there are definitely going to be some hurt feelings on those wanting or expecting 3 premium OL guys. That's not going to happen.

I know its a pipe dream, but this draft is so quality o-line deep I wish it. The last few years has been thin and who knows what next year brings so time to pounce. The problem is they have a s**tty record drafting o lineman so they may need to draft 6 lol
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
LMAO. I actually heard indirectly via a pod about his philosophy on the OL and all of his references (fist). Love it. First thing he does is kick the WR's (position value) out the door and retains the DL. He's a big trench guy. No doubt he'll stock up in the draft too. He gets it.

Gets how to lose to inferior teams in the SB because he doesn't value a functioning passing attack.

Yea I'm confused. The NC argument is always how the chiefs beat us in the Superbowl because of their OL (though first it was all about having tier 1 tackles with adequate guards and now it's all about tier 1 guards with adequate tackles). How many superbowls has Jim Harbaugh won?

Oof touché. Gonna spend $260M on a QB who's throwing to Jordan Palmer lol. I'm sure it will work out fine.

Also it's not like Johnny boy has been pumping out high end offensive linemen out of Michigan either.

IMO Harbs is a college HC. His "who's got it better than us" shtick doesn't work long-term in the NFL. He needs fresh young players every couple years to buy into that.

he's funny as s**t and amusing…will be interesting to see how it goes down
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 27, 2024 at 1:50 PM ]
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Yea I'm confused. The NC argument is always how the chiefs beat us in the Superbowl because of their OL (though first it was all about having tier 1 tackles with adequate guards and now it's all about tier 1 guards with adequate tackles). How many superbowls has Jim Harbaugh won?

Who knows man….all about the narrative.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Oof touché. Gonna spend $260M on a QB who's throwing to Jordan Palmer lol. I'm sure it will work out fine.

Also it's not like Johnny boy has been pumping out high end offensive linemen out of Michigan either.

IMO Harbs is a college HC. His "who's got it better than us" shtick doesn't work long-term in the NFL. He needs fresh young players every couple years to buy into that.

he's funny as s**t and amusing…will be interesting to see how it goes down

No Frank Gore or Vernon Davis to lean on this go around. I'm sure the Greg Roman/Marc Trestman brain trust with assistant QB Coach former center Jonathan Goodwin is the key to a title.

All you need is an elite OL. Every other position is a dime a dozen.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Mar 27, 2024 at 1:59 PM ]
No Frank Gore or Vernon Davis to lean on this go around. I'm sure the Greg Roman/Marc Trestman brain trust with assistant QB Coach former center Jonathan Goodwin is the key to a title.

Huh? Tier 1 OL's are built differently. You think every tier 1 DL is built the same? I noted the Chiefs as an example of doing it against the common T-C-T model. Perhaps you're not comprehending well. Also, the Chiefs didn't have a tier 1 OL. They had a tier 1 interior but overall, were a high tier 2.

As to Harbaugh, he's spot on. The OL is the only unit where every other position is dependent on how they play together. He went on to talk about how the OL works like a fist...5 fingers working together to punch people in the mouth. Love it. He's not wrong.

It sounds like, even after 2 Superbowl losses, there are still fans who aren't getting it.
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 27, 2024 at 2:22 PM ]
Huh? Tier 1 OL's are built differently. You think every tier 1 DL is built the same? I noted the Chiefs as an example of doing it against the common T-C-T model. Perhaps you're not comprehending well. Also, the Chiefs didn't have a tier 1 OL. They had a tier 1 interior but overall, were a high tier 2.

As to Harbaugh, he's spot on. The OL is the only unit where every other position is dependent on how they play together. He went on to talk about how the OL works like a fist...5 fingers working together to punch people in the mouth. Love it. He's not wrong.

It sounds like, even after 2 Superbowl losses, there are still fans who aren't getting it.

Because the Harbaugh model worked so well in the SB
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Mar 27, 2024 at 2:37 PM ]

When there is no standard and things change on a whim it gets confusing.

Here was my writeup…

Just watching a little of Kingsley. Man there's a lot to work with there. Ideal measureables. Dude is a mauler, especially in the run game. He's got a strong punch. He's athletic and has no problem getting to the second level. Would be good in a zone blocking scheme. Has a solid anchor. He can overset and his footwork can be sloppy. That's something that will need coaching/reps. His feet can get "skinny" he can let guys get into his chest too often and it's seems like stunts/blitzing can be an issue for him right now…I think that's an awareness thing that you can improve with more reps. I believe he's only 21 right now? So he far from a finished product.

Spot on. Love it. See at least this is something NC credits you for and calls you a SME of the draft and leans on you to do all the work on prospects that he'll complain about us not getting after the fact lol
Christian Haynes in the first and Rosengarten in the 2nd would be a homerun for us.

It's called perpetually talking out of one's ass
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Here was my writeup…

Just watching a little of Kingsley. Man there's a lot to work with there. Ideal measureables. Dude is a mauler, especially in the run game. He's got a strong punch. He's athletic and has no problem getting to the second level. Would be good in a zone blocking scheme. Has a solid anchor. He can overset and his footwork can be sloppy. That's something that will need coaching/reps. His feet can get "skinny" he can let guys get into his chest too often and it's seems like stunts/blitzing can be an issue for him right now…I think that's an awareness thing that you can improve with more reps. I believe he's only 21 right now? So he far from a finished product.

Spot on. Love it. See at least this is something NC credits you for and calls you a SME of the draft and leans on you to do all the work on prospects that he'll complain about us not getting after the fact lol

Oh hell yeah. It's funny because it's true.

There are about 8 SME's in here at identifying top OL talent. Annually. For real. I'd take many of their shadow drafts over ours too. LOL
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 27, 2024 at 3:47 PM ]

I mean you're not going to beat KC by trying to go blow for blow with Mahomes. Beat them how Oakland beat them earlier in the season, run the ball down their throats and play good defense. Keep Mahomes off the field as much as possible and chew up as much clock as you can on every single offensive drive.

I'm intrigued to see how it works because we've never really gotten to watch Harbaugh with a truly elite QB outside of Stanford and Luck. I've never had anything against the Chargers so I'll be happy for him if he has success there.
Share 49ersWebzone