2024 Draft Class: OL

Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
There isn't any single way to build a great team. Some like to build around a QB. Some like strong defense first.

Personally I've always liked building a strong D line and O line before spending money on a QB and WRs. I say that because it makes it easier for a young QB if he has good protection and a defense that can keep games close. It's not the only way but it seems to me that teams that can control the line of scrimmage always have a chance. Onthe other hand. teams with great QBs and terrible lines rarely win much.

Teams with Great OLs and little else also rarely win much.

Need to build the best TEAM you can. Different ways to do things. There isn't just one championship formula despite the BS propaganda posted here ad nauseam. Get a Franchise level QB and it gives you the best chance however.

When you build a house you start with the foundation. The problem with getting a franchise QB first is they get beat up. Many good QBs have had poor careers because they went to a team with poor O lines. The Chargers have one of the best Young QBs but a horrible O line. Herbert is always under pressure.

I agree you don't win with just a good O line but O linemen often have long careers. Build the line and the defense and you are always in the game. A good O line that pass protects can make an average QB look good. A bad O line and even Montana or Brady look average at best.

I guess, when you only have the capacity to think in black-white, it pivots to this way of comprehension.

You need both...you obviously get that.

Wow weird way of saying you need a complimentary team to win

High end QB OL is the best/easiest winning formula in today's game.

But yeah, not the only way. Gotta be strong everywhere or at least not have any glaring weaknesses.

Getting a high end QB isnt easy. There's like 4 in the NFL

Right. Imagine if Brock had a top end OL.
There isn't any single way to build a great team. Some like to build around a QB. Some like strong defense first.

Personally I've always liked building a strong D line and O line before spending money on a QB and WRs. I say that because it makes it easier for a young QB if he has good protection and a defense that can keep games close. It's not the only way but it seems to me that teams that can control the line of scrimmage always have a chance. Onthe other hand. teams with great QBs and terrible lines rarely win much.

Need to build the best TEAM you can. Different ways to do things. There isn't just one championship formula despite the BS propaganda posted here ad nauseam. Get a Franchise level QB and it gives you the best chance however.

When you build a house you start with the foundation. The problem with getting a franchise QB first is they get beat up. Many good QBs have had poor careers because they went to a team with poor O lines. The Chargers have one of the best Young QBs but a horrible O line. Herbert is always under pressure.

I agree you don't win with just a good O line but O linemen often have long careers. Build the line and the defense and you are always in the game. A good O line that pass protects can make an average QB look good. A bad O line and even Montana or Brady look average at best.

I guess, when you only have the capacity to think in black-white, it pivots to this way of comprehension.

But yeah, not the only way. Gotta be strong everywhere or at least not have any glaring weaknesses.

Brock isn't 1 of the 4
Here you go: 8th year in a row.

Post FA & Draft - NC: This OL is not good enough to win a Superbowl. It doesn't suck but it'll cost us in the end.

The end: Yup, NC was right again.

NC: 3
NY and the "good enough" crew: 0

Will this stick in your head this time around? In your opinion? LOL

Remind me what team won the SB again and what side of the bet you made were they on?

No one on this site has been wrong more than Command. It's not even close.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Keep yelling to the sky, I'm sure someone will give a s**t at some point. I've given you actual facts you just ignore them. All you've given me is you POV on something….guess what buddy those aren't facts. Those are opinions.

all you do is copy/paste Thorns work and you don't even pay for the actual context lolz.

also guess what he doesn't have a 1st rd grade on a pure OG in this draft…guess he's stupid too 🫣

Post FA & Draft - NC: This OL is not good enough to win a Superbowl. It doesn't suck but it'll cost us in the end.

Brock isn't 1 of the 4

Get the f**k outta here. Ban yourself and your 3 accounts right now! Turn in your WZ card.

Brock isn't 1 of the 4

Get the f**k outta here. Ban yourself and your 3 accounts right now! Turn in your WZ card.

What 3 accounts lol bro are you okay your decent into becoming a troll poster has really taken a toll on you

Again screaming nonsense into the wind. Why do make s**t up about people in here?

It's clear you have no idea what you're even arguing with me about at this point.

even your boy Thorn doesn't have a 1st rd grade on a pure OG lol. All you want is a different guard drafted here who's a "high pick" you have zero clue who that even is lol. You don't care if they waste money on the position. You have no plan what so ever, all you do is just complain and talk about someone else's tiers. Bravo 👏

yeah your opinions with no real facts and if do you think their facts, they're easily proven wrong…time and time again. s**t gets old.

Again screaming nonsense into the wind. Why do make s**t up about people in here?

It's clear you have no idea what you're even arguing with me about at this point.

even your boy Thorn doesn't have a 1st rd grade on a pure OG lol. All you want is a different guard drafted here who's a "high pick" you have zero clue who that even is lol. You don't care if they waste money on the position. You have no plan what so ever, all you do is just complain and talk about someone else's tiers. Bravo 👏

yeah your opinions with no real facts and if do you think their facts, they're easily proven wrong…time and time again. s**t gets old.

The OL was really close to winning the Superbowl. IMO the difference was the Chiefs had continuity with their coaching and defensive scheme which allowed them to play faster and smarter. NC seems to have quite the reputation on this forum lol. I just want Kingsley Suamataia in the 1rst and Roger Rosengarden in the 2nd, if I post it enough it will manifest. lol
Remind me what team won the SB again and what side of the bet you made were they on?

2019 KC's IOL was full of day 3 and UDFAs two of which played on multiple teams. 2023 day 3 picks at OG and a late 2nd at center lol.

I value center more than OG…. over the last decade there has been a total of 7 that have been taken in the 1st and about half of them never lived up to their draft spot.

NFL GMs do not spend 1sts on IOL. There's a reason for that and NC can't wrap that around his head.

2019 KC's IOL was full of day 3 and UDFAs two of which played on multiple teams. 2023 day 3 picks at OG and a late 2nd at center lol.

I value center more than OG…. over the last decade there has been a total of 7 that have been taken in the 1st and about half of them never lived up to their draft spot.

NFL GMs do not spend 1sts on IOL. There's a reason for that and NC can't wrap that around his head.

Chris Ballard does.

I agree C is more value than G but is much more cerebral and most GMs don't value G in the draft unless youre a freak like Iupati and Quinton Nelson who just pop when watching their film. I still remember Nelson teabagging a pancake block he had lol. I think there is more value in T bc they usually transition to G well.
Originally posted by 49erFaithfullest:
The OL was really close to winning the Superbowl. IMO the difference was the Chiefs had continuity with their coaching and defensive scheme which allowed them to play faster and smarter. NC seems to have quite the reputation on this forum lol. I just want Kingsley Suamataia in the 1rst and Roger Rosengarden in the 2nd, if I post it enough it will manifest. lol

Yeah that was a ton of reasons for both losses. Some people can't accept that.
Chris Ballard does.

Yup and his record is 45-62 with one playoff win under his belt since 2017
Yeah that was a ton of reasons for both losses. Some people can't accept that.

If I remember correctly, one guy in particular sure got a lot of blame that 1st loss.
Keep yelling to the sky, I'm sure someone will give a s**t at some point. I've given you actual facts you just ignore them. All you've given me is you POV on something….guess what buddy those aren't facts. Those are opinions.

all you do is copy/paste Thorns work and you don't even pay for the actual context lolz.

also guess what he doesn't have a 1st rd grade on a pure OG in this draft…guess he's stupid too 🫣

And this is why people don't respect your opinion. You can't see the fallacy in your argument.
Share 49ersWebzone