LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 272 users in the forums

OTC's Prospect Value Grid/Board

Would anyone here be interested in a prospect grid/board I'm currently working on in Excel?

I've done something similar in the past. I've been developing my personal grades based on what limited resources I have. News, pff grades, true film, highlights (sometimes these are helpful to show you other things like how a guy benefitted from people around him and isn't as good as the hype), etc.

It is not all inclusive. I simply don't have time to scout every position or player, but I have selected my favorites among guys that I think either specifically fit our team, or could make an immediate impact, or could develop or serve quality contribution in reserve.

I develop this like a broad draft board. I have about 75 prospects on my board now. I will probably stop around 125-150 max.

If there's enough interest, I'll update the op with a link before the draft.

Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16J1EsG2rN7ydJv4ZfRISq4zHr9iembYu6_p6fVruEiM/edit?usp=sharing
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Feb 22, 2024 at 2:30 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Would anyone here be interested in a prospect grid/board I'm currently working on in Excel?

I've done something similar in the past. I've been developing my personal grades based on what limited resources I have. News, pff grades, true film, highlights (sometimes these are helpful to show you other things like how a guy benefitted from people around him and isn't as good as the hype), etc.

It is not all inclusive. I simply don't have time to scout every position or player, but I have selected my favorites among guys that I think either specifically fit our team, or could make an immediate impact, or could develop or serve quality contribution in reserve.

I develop this like a broad draft board. I have about 75 prospects on my board now. I will probably stop around 125-150 max.

Originally posted by OnTheClock:

That would be fantastic OTC! You and Maddog were always the guys really good at this stuff. I absolutely love the draft and everything leading up to it. Admittedly, as a former DB, that's usually where my focus goes but I always try to look at positions of need and get a general idea of guys we could be getting in our draft slots
Updated with where I'm at right now: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16J1EsG2rN7ydJv4ZfRISq4zHr9iembYu6_p6fVruEiM/edit?usp=sharing

EDIT: Sorry, fixed an issue with it not being public.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Feb 22, 2024 at 2:30 PM ]
Nice job OTC
Originally posted by tohara3:
Nice job OTC

Originally posted by English:

Appreciate it, fam

I know these are just my opinions, but hopefully it helps / acts as a nice guide on some players and their potential values when draft day finally comes. Still a couple months to add prospects and shift people around.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Feb 23, 2024 at 8:26 AM ]
Looks good to me. Thanks for taking the time to share.
[ Edited by m_brockalexander on Feb 23, 2024 at 8:22 AM ]
This is amazing!!!! Thank you for sharing it.

Thanks all for the kind words.

I have started updating some prospects to include special identifiers for my own "GOLD HELMET" players. These are guys that I feel embody the 49ers character, personality, talent, and attitude -- based on what I've seen and read on them in my research.

I will have a max of 2 per position group.
Grid is about as updated as it can be. Lots of shuffling over time. Did some extra reading on many prospects, watched more tape, sifted through the BS and stuff being put out there to try to get guys to drop, etc. -- If they're not on the board, I either didn't get a chance to watch or they were players that I simply wasn't interested in.

At the end of the day, I have to trust my eyes and what I've known to be what a guy's talent level looks like. Not every guy is going to work out, gotta keep that in mind. This is my personal thoughts based on what information was available.

Talent, experience, upside, character, medicals, and general perceived risk all factor in. We'll see in the coming years how this looks.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16J1EsG2rN7ydJv4ZfRISq4zHr9iembYu6_p6fVruEiM/edit#gid=0
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Apr 25, 2024 at 6:21 PM ]
You gave gold helmets to 2 of 3 guys drafted so far
Nice work!
Originally posted by Brucey72:
You gave gold helmets to 2 of 3 guys drafted so far

3rd Gold Helmet Player just got picked
Share 49ersWebzone