LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 214 users in the forums

Who's on your do NOT draft list?

We're a week away from Christmas in April. Just like every other Christmas, we can get some great presents or god awful ones. We have all argued for our favorite prospects for months. Now that we're a week away, who's on your do NOT draft list?

Mine are:
Jordan Morgan OT - Niners can do better; may be too small to play OT and may have hit his ceiling already as a player
Amarius Mims OT - not enough experience and an injury history on top of that; hard pass
Ladd McConkey WR - nice player and route runner, but not a huge difference maker
Devontez Walker and Xavier Worthy WR - blazing speed but inconsistent hands
T'Vondre Sweat - a DWI within three week of the draft; need a player with better judgement
[ Edited by m_brockalexander on Apr 19, 2024 at 7:45 AM ]
Not too many players i wouldn't like for the right price, but I'll say Suamataia, Troy Franklin and Brandon Dorlus for good measure
DB Cooper DeJean ( I think hes a S and is well outside the first round. Maybe 50)
DB Nubin ( Hate the physical profile)
DB D. McGlothern ( short arms, lightweight, doesnt tackle)
DB Kinchens ( hate the physical profile)
DB Kalen King (way too slow)
WR McConkey (not impressed with the routes. doesnt use his hands well. slot only)
WR Troy Franklin (not as fast as advertised, butter sticks for fingers, tracking issues, cant block. not right for our offense.)
WR Jermaine Burton ( love the tape, hate every report about the guy)
WR Rosemy-Jacksaint (not an athlete)
DL Darius Robinson (3-4 DE only IMO)
DL Sweat ( love the power, dont like the ego. not a professional)
DL Bralen Trice (not an athlete )
DL Braden Fiske ( too old, trex arms, i dont see it against competition on tape)
DL Austin Booker (no experience, athletic profile sucks for weight)
LB Tommy Eichenburg (stiff, weak laterally, dont like him in coverage at all)
OL Mims (no experience, injured. traits only guy)
OL Jordan Morgan (guard only imo)
OL Patrick Paul (dont like older, project prospects)
OL Javon Foster ( no athletic enough for zone concepts. good power and length, just not a 49er)
OL Sendrick Van Pran (center only, better suited for man/power scheme. dont see the athleticism and movement profile we need)
RB Dillon Johnson (slow 40, slow 10, terrible vert. JAG)
RB Bucky Irving (small, underweight, and didnt test very explosive)
TE Jatavion Sanders (athletic skills are underwelming for him being so undersized. Dont see him in our offense at all)

Need medicals on L. Latu and Payton WIlson
[ Edited by scooterhd on Apr 19, 2024 at 11:08 AM ]
Great thread. Question, how about mentioning if it is "don't draft at all" rather than "maybe worth a shot later but not on day 1 or 2"?
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Not too many players i wouldn't like for the right price, but I'll say Suamataia, Troy Franklin and Brandon Dorlus for good measure

Just say you don't like Oregon players
I'm not terribly interested in Darius Robinson at 31
I'll say it as guys I don't want to draft this guys where they're projected go….

-Xavier worthy: 165lbs with bad hands and can't break tackles. No thanks
-Corley: dude isn't a WR. Stop the Deebo comps.
-Jordan Morga: not a OT imo. I'm not burning a 1st on a converted OT to OG.
-Sweat: character issues and a two down NT. No thanks in the first couple rds.
-Cooper: Not in the first for a stiff CB that can't play man.
-No to any safety in the 1st/2nd.
-Rosengarten: like him, not in the 1st. Trade down get extra picks and grab him where it makes sense.
-Trice: I see nothing special there to requiring spending a top 64 pick. Seems like someone that will make a rotation and win solely off hustle.
-Darius Robinson: all said and done, I don't think he's a 1st rd talent. Like others have said no real pass rush plan or counters. No real role. Stop with the AA comp. He's isn't as big/strong as him. His base isn't as thick. He needs to lost weight and focus on being a better edge rusher.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 19, 2024 at 8:02 AM ]
Originally posted by illinois9er:

the more I watch the more I'm off on him. I was expecting a crazy athlete and the combine was pretty underwhelming overall . Watched OSU/UG games and I saw nothing that made me think he's worth a 1st. What is he? I don't see him as a DT at all. I think he needs to lose weight and learn how to pass rush with better angles and moves.

i feel like at this point i might even taken Chop Robinson over him. I at least know his role and he offers an elite trait. Not a fan of either in the 1st though.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 19, 2024 at 6:42 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

the more I watch the more I'm off on him. I was expecting a crazy athlete and the combine was pretty underwhelming overall . Watched OSU/UG games and I saw nothing that made me think he's worth a 1st. What is he? I don't see him as a DT at all. I think he needs to lose weight and learn how to pass rush with better angles and moves.

I couldn't agree more. To me he looks like a stiff tweener with no secondary moves that will get him stuffed when his bull rush doesn't work.

Just say you don't like Oregon players

I love JPJ and KJ

I couldn't agree more. To me he looks like a stiff tweener with no secondary moves that will get him stuffed when his bull rush doesn't work.

Yeah some 49er folks are in love with him and I have no idea why. I was a fan at first glance. After watching, I don't see why he's a 1st rd pick outside of the fact he plays a premium position that's pretty thin.

The AA comps are ridiculous. AA is a grown ass man who's a solid 300+lbs. Robinson lower half isn't built like his and he's like 15-20lbs lighter.
Anyone that's a late riser. How can a player rise on the board without playing? Insider hype and a few workouts don't impress me.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Anyone that's a late riser. How can a player rise on the board without playing? Insider hype and a few workouts don't impress me.

Late riser in the media does not equal late riser inside the NFL community
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

Late riser in the media does not equal late riser inside the NFL community

I get that but sometimes those late risers are leak from some team that has fallen in love with some player after watching a private workout. The media takes it and runs with it.

Yeah some 49er folks are in love with him and I have no idea why. I was a fan at first glance. After watching, I don't see why he's a 1st rd pick outside of the fact he plays a premium position that's pretty thin.

The AA comps are ridiculous. AA is a grown ass man who's a solid 300+lbs. Robinson lower half isn't built like his and he's like 15-20lbs lighter.

Yeah I've cooled on him completely out of the first round. Dude reminds me of Kinlaw. Did good at the Senior Bowl with zero pass rush plan and won with just brute force (like Kinlaw) and made his draft push there. Diving deeper in his tape, he's just not that good and his combine numbers ( ) match his tape
Share 49ersWebzone