LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 234 users in the forums

Who's on your do NOT draft list?

Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
I dont want Guyton, but I'm surprised by the "not a fit" comment. Currently, he's so lost out there technique wise I guess he's not really a fit from day 1 anywhere, but he's got suchhhhhh light feet. He's not just an easy mover for his size, he's am easy mover period.

Good insights. I'd imagine if 8+ tackles go in round 1 not everyone of them will work out. Also imagine many tackles taken after round 1 may end up better etc.
Graham Barton- not using a 1st to take a guy to play a position he never played. Especially considering how deep the IOL class is.

Both Xavier WRs- don't see it with either one especially considering draft capital needed. Wouldn't be mad at Leggett in the 4th/5th round which I understand has 0% chance of happening.

Keon Coleman & Malachi Corley- see the Xaviers

OT's- Guyton, Paul, Morgan, Christian Jones, Fisher and Foster. Though wouldn't be mad at Morgan if he were miraculously available in the 4th.
Originally posted by mcwoot:
Any "undersized" DT
Jamree Kromah DT James Madison? He would be a nice 7th round pickup
Originally posted by miked1978:
Surprised by the hate for Cooper Dejean. A lot of the draft guys i follow love him as a safety including former NFL db & 49er superfan Eric Crocker with the locked on 49ers podcast. 49ers played 3 safeties in the Super Bowl and it worked out pretty well until later in the game. I think Cooper can play the Jimmie Ward role but maybe even at a higher level. Better ball skills than Jimmie too.

Anyways here are some guys i don't want that i;'ve seen us linked to:
Tyler Guyton - doesnt fit zone blocking scheme
AD Mitchell - takes plays off. Do not want at #31
Ennis Rakestraw - don't like his game
Jermaine Burton - maturity concerns
Maason Smith - not impressed with him as a top 100 prospect

inb4 we draft all of these guys and I'm their biggest fan.

I'm not drafting a safety in the first, epically one that's never really played the position. He's not Jimmie Ward as far as his fluidity goes.
Chop Robinson - Not enough production.
Jordan Morgan - Seems to be better suited for Guard.
Xavier Worthy - I would prefer multiple other receivers over him.
  • rtj03
  • Veteran
Please NO Jordan Morgan.
A first round WR is not on my list.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Originally posted by miked1978:
Surprised by the hate for Cooper Dejean. A lot of the draft guys i follow love him as a safety including former NFL db & 49er superfan Eric Crocker with the locked on 49ers podcast. 49ers played 3 safeties in the Super Bowl and it worked out pretty well until later in the game. I think Cooper can play the Jimmie Ward role but maybe even at a higher level. Better ball skills than Jimmie too.

Anyways here are some guys i don't want that i;'ve seen us linked to:
Tyler Guyton - doesnt fit zone blocking scheme
AD Mitchell - takes plays off. Do not want at #31
Ennis Rakestraw - don't like his game
Jermaine Burton - maturity concerns
Maason Smith - not impressed with him as a top 100 prospect

inb4 we draft all of these guys and I'm their biggest fan.

I don't get that either. DeJean can fill multiple roles including returning kicks for the Niners at a high level. Agree on Guyton at OT, but he looks destined to be taken by the Ravens at #30 if he's there. Would rather have Kris Abrams-Draine from Mizzou over Rakestraw as a nickel CB. Don't know enough about Mitchell or Burton to agree or disagree, but know that the Niners could use one more good WR.

I would be stoked if the 9ers drafted DeJean in the 1st round. I love his ball skills and I think he would be solid at CB or Safety.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I would be stoked if the 9ers drafted DeJean in the 1st round. I love his ball skills and I think he would be solid at CB or Safety.

Solid zone CB. Straight up man CB? Not seeing that at all.

You know who had great ball skills at Iowa? Joshua Jackson we all loved him lol. I don't even know if he's in the league anymore.
Originally posted by krizay:
Graham Barton- not using a 1st to take a guy to play a position he never played. Especially considering how deep the IOL class is.

Both Xavier WRs- don't see it with either one especially considering draft capital needed. Wouldn't be mad at Leggett in the 4th/5th round which I understand has 0% chance of happening.

Keon Coleman & Malachi Corley- see the Xaviers

OT's- Guyton, Paul, Morgan, Christian Jones, Fisher and Foster. Though wouldn't be mad at Morgan if he were miraculously available in the 4th.

Dude wtf are you talking about. Barton is a slam dunk prospect and versatility is a GOOD thing. So glad you're not in our front office!

Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Nate Wiggins CB Clemson - too skinny
Cooper DeJean S Iowa - safety
Kool-Aid McKinstry CB Alabama - foot injury
Michael Penix Jr. QB Washington - qb
Adonai Mitchell WR Texas - maturity
Xavier Worthy WR Texas - too light
Bo Nix QB Oregon - qb
Keon Coleman WR Florida State - slow
T'Vondre Sweat DT Texas - Blutarski
Spencer Rattler QB South Carolina - qb
Any RB before 4th round
Maason Smith DT LSU - Kinlaw Part II

lol. While we're not taking penix, why anyone would have him on their "do not draft" list is kinda mind boggling. That dude is going to tear s**t up in the NFL.
Originally posted by Dirtydonedirtcheap69:
Dude wtf are you talking about. Barton is a slam dunk prospect and versatility is a GOOD thing. So glad you're not in our front office!

For me I really like Barton. If I'm taking him in the 1st it's to play center or try him at OT. If the idea is that he's a guard….no thanks I'm out.

I can draft a f**k ton of good guards outside of the 1st. It's not a premium position. It's just not.
Originally posted by scooterhd:
DB Cooper DeJean ( I think hes a S and is well outside the first round. Maybe 50)
DB Nubin ( Hate the physical profile)
DB D. McGlothern ( short arms, lightweight, doesnt tackle)
DB Kinchens ( hate the physical profile)
DB Kalen King (way too slow)
WR McConkey (not impressed with the routes. doesnt use his hands well. slot only)
WR Troy Franklin (not as fast as advertised, butter sticks for fingers, tracking issues, cant block. not right for our offense.)
WR Jermaine Burton ( love the tape, hate every report about the guy)
WR Rosemy-Jacksaint (not an athlete)
DL Darius Robinson (3-4 DE only IMO)
DL Sweat ( love the power, dont like the ego. not a professional)
DL Bralen Trice (not an athlete )
DL Braden Fiske ( too old, trex arms, i dont see it against competition on tape)
DL Austin Booker (no experience, athletic profile sucks for weight)
LB Tommy Eichenburg (stiff, weak laterally, dont like him in coverage at all)
OL Mims (no experience, injured. traits only guy)
OL Jordan Morgan (guard only imo)
OL Patrick Paul (dont like older, project prospects)
OL Javon Foster ( no athletic enough for zone concepts. good power and length, just not a 49er)
OL Sendrick Van Pran (center only, better suited for man/power scheme. dont see the athleticism and movement profile we need)
RB Dillon Johnson (slow 40, slow 10, terrible vert. JAG)
RB Bucky Irving (small, underweight, and didnt test very explosive)
TE Jatavion Sanders (athletic skills are underwelming for him being so undersized. Dont see him in our offense at all)

Need medicals on L. Latu and Payton WIlson

Bucky Irving is a badass. If he's around in the 4th or 5th round I won't be surprised if we draft him.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Dirtydonedirtcheap69:

For me I really like Barton. If I'm taking him in the 1st it's to play center or try him at OT. If the idea is that he's a guard….no thanks I'm out.

I can draft a f**k ton of good guards outside of the 1st. It's not a premium position. It's just not.

You're acting like it's the 10th pick. It's not. Plus - he can and probably ultimately would play center. Dude is super smart and simply put a first round talent.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Solid zone CB. Straight up man CB? Not seeing that at all.

You know who had great ball skills at Iowa? Joshua Jackson we all loved him lol. I don't even know if he's in the league anymore.

But 49ers defense do play a lot of zone, that's why I like DeJean. Also he doesn't look all that bad in man coverage, he may not standout but at least he plays the ball and not always the receiver.

Didn't Joshua Jackson have attitude problems?? Could've sworn he was a headcase? But DeJean is also a lot more versatile than Jackson was. If they don't go O-line, DeJean would be perfect for this defense if he's there.
[ Edited by Kolohe on Apr 20, 2024 at 10:36 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone