LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 188 users in the forums

Who's on your do NOT draft list?

Originally posted by Dirtydonedirtcheap69:
Dude wtf are you talking about. Barton is a slam dunk prospect and versatility is a GOOD thing. So glad you're not in our front office!

For whatever reason I had it in my mind never played center. So that portion of my post was clearly a mistake. Though he's still on MY do not draft list.

Versatility is a good thing. However, if everyone in the universe thinks he's a center and not an OT is he really Versatile
Originally posted by krizay:
Dude wtf are you talking about. Barton is a slam dunk prospect and versatility is a GOOD thing. So glad you're not in our front office!

For whatever reason I had it in my mind never played center. So that portion of my post was clearly a mistake. Though he's still on MY do not draft list.

Versatility is a good thing. However, if everyone in the universe thinks he's a center and not an OT is he really Versatile

Ooof. The logic exercised here. A dude can play every position on the line but yet there's a path to questioning whether he's versatile. Ok.
Originally posted by 9RVOLS:
Chop Robinson - Not enough production.
Jordan Morgan - Seems to be better suited for Guard.
Xavier Worthy - I would prefer multiple other receivers over him.
Yeah, for me too. Add Patrick Paul, Darius Robinson in the 1st and WR A. Mitchell to your list.
[ Edited by frankieuc68 on Apr 20, 2024 at 6:10 PM ]
You're acting like it's the 10th pick. It's not. Plus - he can and probably ultimately would play center. Dude is super smart and simply put a first round talent.

Difference of opinions man. If the goal is for him to play guard. I don't want him. Center sure. Moving on
Originally posted by Kolohe:
But 49ers defense do play a lot of zone, that's why I like DeJean. Also he doesn't look all that bad in man coverage, he may not standout but at least he plays the ball and not always the receiver.

Didn't Joshua Jackson have attitude problems?? Could've sworn he was a headcase? But DeJean is also a lot more versatile than Jackson was. If they don't go O-line, DeJean would be perfect for this defense if he's there.

You don't need to draft zone coverage CBs in the first…hence why we never have drafted a CB that high….you gotta be a good man coverage CB to go in the 1st.

no jackson didn't have attitude issues…he was a zone only guy, stiff and no supper fluid as well. Had 8 INTs his last yr…cooper is a much better athlete. Still all of the negatives imo.

I disagree that he would a perfect player for this defense and it would be a reach if it's to play him at CB. I hope someone else takes him
Ooof. The logic exercised here. A dude can play every position on the line but yet there's a path to questioning whether he's versatile. Ok.

Colton and Burnskill can play all over the OL as well….what Krizay is saying is how is it being versatile when everyone is saying that he's NOT an OT in the NFL? So he's an IOL, cool that makes his value much much less.

again if the plan is for him to be center that's much better. If it's to play RG. I'm out.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 21, 2024 at 7:03 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NYniner85:
But 49ers defense do play a lot of zone, that's why I like DeJean. Also he doesn't look all that bad in man coverage, he may not standout but at least he plays the ball and not always the receiver.

Didn't Joshua Jackson have attitude problems?? Could've sworn he was a headcase? But DeJean is also a lot more versatile than Jackson was. If they don't go O-line, DeJean would be perfect for this defense if he's there.

You don't need to draft zone coverage CBs in the first…hence why we never have drafted a CB that high….you gotta be a good man coverage CB to go in the 1st.

no jackson didn't have attitude issues…he was a zone only guy, stiff and no supper fluid as well. Had 8 INTs his last yr…cooper is a much better athlete. Still all of the negatives imo.

I disagree that he would a perfect player for this defense and it would be a reach if it's to play him at CB. I hope someone else takes him

Side note, I was thinking about JC Jackson. But yah I agree, you don't need to draft zone CB's in round 1 and the 49ers don't put much stock in them in that round. But it's all hoping and wishing, I don't buy the reported interest from the 49ers in DeJean anyway since it was coming from Chase Senior.

Colton and Burnskill can play all over the OL as well….what Krizay is saying is how is it being versatile when everyone is saying that he's NOT an OT in the NFL? So he's an IOL, cool that makes his value much much less.

again if the plan is for him to be center that's much better. If it's to play RG. I'm out.

I thought you were done cool guy.

How many major college starts does he have at LT? Regardless of his projection, that means he can play tackle if needed.

we can disagree to disagree, cuz you're both wrong.

I thought you were done cool guy.

How many major college starts does he have at LT? Regardless of his projection, that means he can play tackle if needed.

we can disagree to disagree, cuz you're both wrong.
He's not done because he refuses to be wrong. He must always be right.
I don't understand the dislike of Ladd McConKey route running abilities. He may be the best pure Route runner in this draft. At the least top 3. I see where people may not want him at 31 and I can understand that. But don't knock the dude on his route running of all things.

No white boy corners for this white boy, it just never seems to work out for them in the long run for whatever reason. Seahorn was the last memory worthy one, and he missed a ton of games and was prone to be injured.
Jordan Morgan
Originally posted by stonecold590:
I don't understand the dislike of Ladd McConKey route running abilities. He may be the best pure Route runner in this draft. At the least top 3. I see where people may not want him at 31 and I can understand that. But don't knock the dude on his route running of all things.

Agreed.
Malachi Corley- I don't care what round. He is dollar tree Deebo
Xavier Worthy- too small
Amarius Mims- he's like Trey Lance (inexperienced) and Javon Kinlaw (injuries) mixed into one prospect.
Brenden Rice- if his name was Brenden Smith he would be a 6th round prospect
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

No white boy corners for this white boy, it just never seems to work out for them in the long run for whatever reason. Seahorn was the last memory worthy one, and he missed a ton of games and was prone to be injured.

This reply is ignorant. Tell me did NFL coaches stay away from black QB's because only one in history has won the Super Bowl, no.
[ Edited by Kolohe on Apr 22, 2024 at 7:10 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone