LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 201 users in the forums

Who do you want in Round 2?

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Originally posted by lp1986:
Michael Hall Jr.

THE best DT in this class. Had a top 30 visit. Go get him.

Which, unfortunately, means nothing. They didn't even hint at Pearsall...no meetings at all.

Pearsall stated that the Senior Bowl was the only time he talked with the 9ers.
Melton and Rosengarten seem the most likely, will need to trade up twice though
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

If we are trying not to tip our hand, maybe we have no interest in Melton despite talking to him so much, lol.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Rosengarten please! Dude is a great RT and could also be a great OG as well. He is the reason Penix finished a whole season without getting hurt

He has great feet but inconsistent hands. I think that's why he's a more a top 50-75 guy. Decent punch, but I'd like to see him sustain his blocks better.

Overall, he's a good scheme fit and won't be mad if he's one our picks today. By no means a perfect prospect but has the tools.
Round 2:

JPJ
Jer'zhan Newton
Cooper Dejean
Kool Aid Mckinstry
Zack Fraiser
Christian Haynes
Marshawn Kneeland
Jonah Ellis
Mike Sanistril
Max Melton
Roger Rosengarten

Round 3

DeWayne Carter
Ben Sinnot
Christian Jones
Kiran Amegadjie
Christian Mahoganey
Zak Zinter
[ Edited by Waterbear on Apr 26, 2024 at 11:03 AM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

If we are trying not to tip our hand, maybe we have no interest in Melton despite talking to him so much, lol.

Good point. That's what surprised me most about the Pearsall pick. Historically we've always drafted players who were listed on the draft tracker list so who knows who might be on our radar for rounds 2 and 3.
Originally posted by DrJawbreaker:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Good point. That's what surprised me most about the Pearsall pick. Historically we've always drafted players who were listed on the draft tracker list so who knows who might be on our radar for rounds 2 and 3.

They could have checked out Melton hard because he was the other choice at 31. Not sure they can trade up far enough to grab him but thought that about Newton last night
one thing I've learned with this FO, no matter who you think they will draft, and according to consensus BPA, the 49ers will draft someone unexpected. This isn't a slight or a bad thing, it's just how they roll. Mock Drafts' be damned.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Hopefully one of these guys are still around at 63
Rosengarten
Fisher
Haynes
Beebe
Frazier
JPJ

Melton
Sainristil
Phillips
Tampa

Bottom line.... OL or corner

Like this list, minus Tampa
OL Candidates: I'm gonna say that #1 thru #4 are gone before the 49ers pick again. Do you go with a very raw, upside guy like Kiran A?

1. Jackson Powers-Johnson, C
  2. Christian Hayes, G
  3. Kingsley Suamataia, OT
  4. Zach Frazier, C
  5. Kiran Amegadjie, OT
  6. Roger Rosengarten, OT
  7. Patrick Paul, OT
  8. Blake Fisher, OT
  9. Cooper Beebe, G

Originally posted by TopDogBerkeley:
OL Candidates: I'm gonna say that #1 thru #4 are gone before the 49ers pick again. Do you go with a very raw, upside guy like Kiran A?

2. Christian Hayes, G
  4. Zach Frazier, C
  5. Kiran Amegadjie, OT
  6. Roger Rosengarten, OT
  7. Patrick Paul, OT
  8. Blake Fisher, OT
  9. Cooper Beebe, G

Unless they trade up we're not getting JPJ.
I wouldn't mind Frazier
Originally posted by jimrat:
Offensive Line!!

Hello Old School. I am in solidarity with you.
Originally posted by TopDogBerkeley:

2. Christian Hayes, G
  4. Zach Frazier, C
  5. Kiran Amegadjie, OT
  6. Roger Rosengarten, OT
  7. Patrick Paul, OT
  8. Blake Fisher, OT
  9. Cooper Beebe, G

I have a hard time believing any team will select a true center or guard in the second round of the draft. Tackles? Heck yah! I would be thrilled if the 49ers finally spent a high pick on an OT. Now, they did this not all that long ago when they used a first round pick on Mike McGlinchey. Powerul run blocker but his pass blocking was suspect and he never really improved.

So, as much as the 49ers NEED a tackle, the question is, can they select one? Fans already know Shanahan is spot on, for the most part, when it comes to picking wide receivers. But linemen? Meh....

EDIT: I love Top Dawg. We had a copycat in Citrus Heights, but they did not survive the COVID shutdown.
[ Edited by billbird2111 on Apr 26, 2024 at 1:02 PM ]
Originally posted by BP13:
one thing I've learned with this FO, no matter who you think they will draft, and according to consensus BPA, the 49ers will draft someone unexpected. This isn't a slight or a bad thing, it's just how they roll. Mock Drafts' be damned.

They trust their own scouts and are not going by media consensus. Every team does this, otherwise why even have scouts? Hell, maybe some team out there will make the bold move of dismissing their scouting personnel entirely and just going by media consensus; wouldn't that be fascinating to see!
[ Edited by captveg on Apr 26, 2024 at 1:05 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone