LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 188 users in the forums

Who do you want in Round 2?

In a lot of ways the second and third rounds are more interesting. We all more or less know the first 15 picks. The players available today aren't much different than the ones taken at the end of round one. Maybe the CB talent isn't as strong but there are still good players.
BPA available on offensive line or secondary. Someone who will actually start and play a good portion of the game this season without anyone having to be traded.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
BPA available on offensive line or secondary. Someone who will actually start and play a good portion of the game this season without anyone having to be traded.

Im not sure thats anybody left at any position.
Originally posted by scooterhd:

Im not sure thats anybody left at any position.

Right I don't think that dude exists. This seems like a week azz draft class.

I don't see any drafted OLs starting other than perhaps RG but even there, Feliciano is the favorite. I think they draft a RT to develop behind McKivitz but I really do hope they beef up the middle with some guys that will eventually take over at center and guard.
Originally posted by Izyniner:
Right I don't think that dude exists. This seems like a week azz draft class.

Weirdly I could see a drafted TE like Sinnott getting a ton of snaps due to Kittle's injury issues and the lack of other overall talent on the roster.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I don't see any drafted OLs starting other than perhaps RG but even there, Feliciano is the favorite. I think they draft a RT to develop behind McKivitz but I really do hope they beef up the middle with some guys that will eventually take over at center and guard.

I think we all want that.

Beefing up the middle is definitely in the cards. I just wonder how we would feel about the RG slot if Burford didn't freelance on that last play.
I doubt we move up this round. We dont have the draft capital unless you want to throw the whole draft away, 63+124 yields pick 57 on the trade chart. Not a big needle mover there. Maybe if you are desperate for an OT and there is a run. Bigger possibility of moving up from 94 IMO.

You think Frazier or JPJ could challenge Brendel next year?
Originally posted by dj43:

I think we all want that.

Beefing up the middle is definitely in the cards. I just wonder how we would feel about the RG slot if Burford didn't freelance on that last play.

Youd say its above average. Feliciano was top 10 according to PFF. And youve got a 4th round pick who is only 23 behind him. Burford is younger then Christian Haynes, Dominick Puni, Isiah Adams, Mason McCormick, probably a dozen other IOL in the draft.

Youd want to add a piece because Feliciano is on a one year deal, but youd be fine throwing a 5th rounder at it and trying to develop them.

Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

I think it is more like "You think Shanahan would let Frazier or JPJ challenge Brendel next year?"
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

I think it is more like "You think Shanahan would let Frazier or JPJ challenge Brendel next year?"

Exactly. I remember drafting an IOL at pick 65 and him only playing 7 snaps his rookie year.
Rosengarten or JPJ
  • crew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TopDogBerkeley:
OL Candidates: I'm gonna say that #1 thru #4 are gone before the 49ers pick again. Do you go with a very raw, upside guy like Kiran A?

1. Jackson Powers-Johnson, C
  2. Christian Hayes, G
  3. Kingsley Suamataia, OT
  4. Zach Frazier, C
  5. Kiran Amegadjie, OT
  6. Roger Rosengarten, OT
  7. Patrick Paul, OT
  8. Blake Fisher, OT
  9. Cooper Beebe, G

At #63, here's my list who I would like the Niners to select:

Marshawn Kneeland EDGE
Zack Frazier OC
Kingsley Suamataia OT
Max Melton CB

Kneeland probably off the board, Frazier and Melton a slightly higher probability to be there than Kneeland with Suamataia having the highest chance of the four to be at #63.

This next group probably will be available at #63:

Kiran Amegadjie OT
Patrick Paul OT
Blake Fisher OT
Cooper Beebe OG
Dominin Puni OG
Christian Haynes OG
Michael Hall Jr. DT
Jonah Elliss EDGE

At #94, here's my list:

Matt Goncalves OT
Javon Foster OT
Caedan Wallace OT
Zak Zinter OG
Christian Mahogany OG
Mason McCormick OG
Beaux Limmer OC
Hunter Nourzad OC
Andru Phillips CB
Khyree Jackson CB
Elijah Jones CB
  • crew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crew:
Originally posted by TopDogBerkeley:
OL Candidates: I'm gonna say that #1 thru #4 are gone before the 49ers pick again. Do you go with a very raw, upside guy like Kiran A?

1. Jackson Powers-Johnson, C
  2. Christian Hayes, G
  3. Kingsley Suamataia, OT
  4. Zach Frazier, C
  5. Kiran Amegadjie, OT
  6. Roger Rosengarten, OT
  7. Patrick Paul, OT
  8. Blake Fisher, OT
  9. Cooper Beebe, G

At #63, here's my list who I would like the Niners to select:

Marshawn Kneeland EDGE
Zack Frazier OC
Kingsley Suamataia OT
Max Melton CB

Kneeland probably off the board, Frazier and Melton a slightly higher probability to be there than Kneeland with Suamataia having the highest chance of the four to be at #63.

This next group probably will be available at #63:

Kiran Amegadjie OT
Patrick Paul OT
Blake Fisher OT
Cooper Beebe OG
Dominin Puni OG
Christian Haynes OG
Michael Hall Jr. DT
Jonah Elliss EDGE

At #94, here's my list:

Matt Goncalves OT
Javon Foster OT
Caedan Wallace OT
Zak Zinter OG
Christian Mahogany OG
Mason McCormick OG
Beaux Limmer OC
Hunter Nourzad OC
Andru Phillips CB
Khyree Jackson CB
Elijah Jones CB

As far as Rosengarten, he will get picked somewhere between mid 40's and mid 50's
Share 49ersWebzone