LISTEN: State Of The 49ers With Larry Krueger →

There are 240 users in the forums

2025 Draft Prospect Watch List and Discussion

We land these 3 and we're a force once again..

1) Nic Scourton; DE - Texas A&M
2) Josh Simmons. RT - Ohio State
3) Cade Uluave; LB - Cal
If we end up mediocre all season and pick in the middle of the round, what about Kenneth Grant DT?

340lbs of run stuffing deliciousness. There are some good edge prospects around there as well to put opposite Bosa. I'm reading a few OT and a couple IOL are proejcted round 1, but it seems this draft is heavier on D and the OT will go high as expected.
If they continue to struggle, the secondary would be one of the main culprits. Without Ward, they're not good. Hufanga hasn't look good either. Ever since Lynch has taken over this team, they haven't drafted a secondary player in the first or second rounds. They seem to value them in the 3rd round with Witherspoon and Thomas. But they need to invest in that position. Mansoor Delane out of V Tech is a guy I would love to have.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
What does the top 15 look like right now?? If this season remains s**tty, then we might be up there!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
What does the top 15 look like right now?? If this season remains s**tty, then we might be up there!!

Exactly what I was looking at earlier today. Those middle picks. There's a lot of good d line. This draft looks more defense at the top.

Undecided

If the Niners continue on the pace they are on up till now, they will be in the top 15. At pick #15, they could go a few different ways. Here is the current Draft Network top 100 as of week 5:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/list/nfl-draft-2025-player-rankings

Niners could go OT, CB, DT or EDGE based on the rankings. They could also go way off their normal script and take a G (Donovan Jackson) or a FS (Malachi Starks). Definite food for thought if they continue to beat themselves the way they have up till now.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

If the Niners continue on the pace they are on up till now, they will be in the top 15. At pick #15, they could go a few different ways. Here is the current Draft Network top 100 as of week 5:

Niners could go OT, CB, DT or EDGE based on the rankings. They could also go way off their normal script and take a G (Donovan Jackson) or a FS (Malachi Starks). Definite food for thought if they continue to beat themselves the way they have up till now.

I have been reading up. Looks like there 2-3 T right now who will go top 10.... There will be EDGE and DT for sure and I love the idea of Starks. We def need a tackle, but building the middle of the defense back up is just as important.
Originally posted by 9moon:
We land these 3 and we're a force once again..

1) Nic Scourton; DE - Texas A&M
2) Josh Simmons. RT - Ohio State
3) Cade Uluave; LB - Cal

I love this 9moon 😍. Just need to find me a center and we are gold.

Updated mock time!

FA: Ben Skowronek, FB
FA: Tommy Tremble, TE
1 Cameron Williams, RT | Texas
2 Donovan Ezeiruaku, EDGE | BC
3 Will Lee III, CB | Texas A&M
3 DeMonte Capehart, DT | Clemson
4 Logan Jones, OC | Iowa
5 Jasheen Davis, EDGE | Wake Forest
5 Xavier Nwankpa, S | Iowa
6 Derrick Canteen, CB | Cincinnati
7 Thomas Perry, OG | Middlebury
7 Glendon Miller, CB | Maryland
With a slow secondary why not go for cb Davison Igbinosun or safety Nick Emmanwori. Both run in the 4.3s Both are big and balk hawks. Was hoping for Josh Simmons in the late 1st but not sure if he'll come out next year after his injury. Jonah Savaiinaea would solidify the right side with rookie contracts for the next 3 plus yrs. Anthony belton would be a good 3rd rd tackle if front office decides to go elsewhere
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

I have been reading up. Looks like there 2-3 T right now who will go top 10.... There will be EDGE and DT for sure and I love the idea of Starks. We def need a tackle, but building the middle of the defense back up is just as important.

Right now, there are only two OT's that are being consistently rated in the top 10 prospects (Kelvin Banks from Texas and Will Campbell from LSU), but those rankings have been in flux. If the Niners land in the later part of the first round, there will be more options available (Ersery, Jones Jr, Milum and Simmons) to fix what I think is their biggest need.
ASU Center:

Leif Fautanu has only allowed 2 total QB pressures and 0 sacks across 198 pass blocking snaps this 2024 season. According to @pff_college the @ASUFootball center has a 86.2 pass blocking grade, ranked 4th highest among all FBS centers.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
ASU Center:

Leif Fautanu has only allowed 2 total QB pressures and 0 sacks across 198 pass blocking snaps this 2024 season. According to @pff_college the @ASUFootball center has a 86.2 pass blocking grade, ranked 4th highest among all FBS centers.

Sign him up!!!
Share 49ersWebzone