There are 252 users in the forums

2025 Draft Prospect Watch List and Discussion

Millroe is not a nfl qb

best sec qb for nfl imo is nuss on lsu
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Oct 19, 2024 at 5:02 PM ]
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Jared Wilson OC Georgia
6'3" 310 lbs

Looking at centers this later round prospect caught my eye, good movement skills and pass blocker. Kind of limited experience but all the tools are there to develop. Has strong character as well from what I read

Playing against Texas right now, back from injury
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
If the injuries keep piling up, the Niners picks are going to be significantly higher than is currently being projected. Time to start looking at mid 1st round prospects unless the Niners right the ship soon. If that becomes the case, I would expect them to be looking at CB's and Edge rushers first as there is no consensus stud OT so far.

As much as anyone would love OT, they can not only go BPA but also take advantage of the fact that certain positions aren't valued so highly. We can come away from the 2025 draft with strengths at IOL and some better talent at FS. The team isn't going to be bad. Too much talent for that. But we aren't going to be elite either unless certain positions are addressed.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
If the injuries keep piling up, the Niners picks are going to be significantly higher than is currently being projected. Time to start looking at mid 1st round prospects unless the Niners right the ship soon. If that becomes the case, I would expect them to be looking at CB's and Edge rushers first as there is no consensus stud OT so far.

As much as anyone would love OT, they can not only go BPA but also take advantage of the fact that certain positions aren't valued so highly. We can come away from the 2025 draft with strengths at IOL and some better talent at FS. The team isn't going to be bad. Too much talent for that. But we aren't going to be elite either unless certain positions are addressed.

I'm done with that type of reasoning. Trent is aging, McKivitz is a turnstile and Jaylon Moore is not the best backup. The Niners have gone far too long ignoring the need in the draft or just trying to fix it in free agency. Once they have to pay Purdy, there won't be a lot of money left for big name free agents anymore. The Niners need to address the OT first and foremost to protect their "franchise" QB.
I'm done with that type of reasoning. Trent is aging, McKivitz is a turnstile and Jaylon Moore is not the best backup. The Niners have gone far too long ignoring the need in the draft or just trying to fix it in free agency. Once they have to pay Purdy, there won't be a lot of money left for big name free agents anymore. The Niners need to address the OT first and foremost to protect their "franchise" QB.

Yes
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Yup, the way to beat KC is not by beating their CB's, it's by protecting Brock. Brendel and McKivitz need to go if this team wants to stay competitive.

Id say center. Brendel is garbage. Like literally the worst starting center in the league. McKivitz is a below average RT. There are levels yto the suckage. However it doesn't mean I'm against a RT. I'd just like a quality one- not just taking a position. Now if we continue to be middle of the pack and draft around 20 or higher, then tackle is absolutely the play.

Also, how can you be tired of that type of thinking that I suggested? We have never exercised it. We have never sought out to have an elite interior OL. Our interior OL has had the biggest fails in the most critical moments in two Super Bowls and an NFCCG (the Rams loss).

I'm not interested in just adding a player. I want an elite player. We are guaranteed to get an elite guard or center no matter where our first round pick falls, tackle not so much. Can easily upgrade 2 OL spots with quality players if we actually try to do so. Because IOL isn't as valued we can get the 1st or 2nd best guard/center in the class as opposed to the 5th or 6th best tackle.

No one is against getting a tackle. No one. Just don't blindly do it in the first if the talent isn't there. I'd also argue that a dominant LG-C-RG (+ an aging Trent), can be a fast track back to having an elite scoring offense again (we are still pretty good in picking up yardage). It's more iffy at the tackle position.

I threw in free safety because I'm tired of receivers getting behind our secondary. We didn't have these problems when we had Jimmie Ward.
Share 49ersWebzone