There are 260 users in the forums

Did Mark Sanchez disrespect the game by eating a Hot Dog on the sidelines?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Did Mark Sanchez disrespect the game by eating a Hot Dog on the sidelines?

He should have put more ketchup and more mustard too. Some onions or relish perhaps. That would have been better.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I wish I would have seen this thread early. As some of you know, I worked the jets sideline for that game. Believe it or not, that was my hot dog he ate. There's a dude that runs the phones that always brings us dogs at halftime. I didn't want mine, so there was an extra one. I didn't see him ask for it, but there was no other way he could have got a dog on the field.

I smell a viral video.
John Elway and a couple teammates got caught eating hotdogs on the sidelines too back in the 90's, and when Kevin McHale played for the Celtics he got caught eating a slice of pizza too on camera.
The opposing teams probably feel disrespected because their opponents already have the game put away and their on the bench/sidelines munching on food, you never see that stuff during a close game
Originally posted by RogueStout:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I wish I would have seen this thread early. As some of you know, I worked the jets sideline for that game. Believe it or not, that was my hot dog he ate. There's a dude that runs the phones that always brings us dogs at halftime. I didn't want mine, so there was an extra one. I didn't see him ask for it, but there was no other way he could have got a dog on the field.

I smell a viral video.

He was EATING Stoney's hot dog?

So jealous.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
If anything could demonstrate the complete lack of worth that the media brings to just about anything these days....this story would be a good case study.

Guy had a f**king hot dog on the sideline....ooh wee.

Originally posted by AkNiners:
Originally posted by Digger25:
i remember steve young getting fined or reprimanded for sending a hot dog across the field to rick mirer. mirer, i believe, ate it and got fined too. or something to that effect. s**t was classic. i wish i had that footage of a smirking young and a hotdog gobbling mirer.

Damn, good memory! I don't know if it was Young who sent them over, that might have been a maddenisim. Article from Seattle Times 1995

yeah, maybe it wasn't young. my bad. but I do remember young smirking on camera. classic stuff.
Rex Ryan is punishing Sanchez because nobody, NOBODY touches Rex Ryan's hot dogs. NOBODY.
  • titan
  • Veteran
What's the difference between a player eating a hotdog cause he is a little shakey or he doesn't feel well he may be hypoglycemic or a player drinking water or gatorade cause they are thirsty or dehydrated. I can't believe they are actually picking on this kid over this. I'll tell you who disrespects the game, players that are laughing and clowning around while the game is being played and even worse when their team is losing.
Originally posted by titan:
What's the difference between a player eating a hotdog cause he is a little shakey or he doesn't feel well he may be hypoglycemic or a player drinking water or gatorade cause they are thirsty or dehydrated. I can't believe they are actually picking on this kid over this. I'll tell you who disrespects the game, players that are laughing and clowning around while the game is being played and even worse when their team is losing.

Amen. And I'd like to add players that orchestrate ridiculous celebrations (TD, sack, 1st down, etc) and pretty much everything Chad "Ochocinco" does. How about all this stupid "Twitter" back and forth and Rex Ryan talking trash with players through the media? Don't give me the tired old "they're just having fun" BS. They all look like fools and are making the game more and more like WWE.

Jerome Bettis was a good player, but one thing that used to drive me nuts is that he would have a 1yard run (that would not even make a 1st down) and he would jump up yelling and beating his chest like he was a bad-ass mofo.

I thought this was funny, Jerome Bettis talking about this:

But let me tell you, it's not hard to get a hot dog. I've had a hot dog. I've had cookies. I actually had a hamburger. It wasn't done up the way I liked it, with ketchup and mustard and lettuce and tomato. But I had a hamburger, and a sideline hamburger serves its purpose.
link
Share 49ersWebzone