Rams overcome career game from Jauan Jennings, rally to stun 49ers on late field goal, 27-24 →

There are 513 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Hypothetical.

The Jets offer him $16 million a year on a 6-8 year contract with no offsets and complete personnel control, along with veto power on all front office hirings. He answers only to the owner of the team.

You think he turns down unlimited power and $100 million guaranteed to coach in the NFL?

I think he goes to UM and says I know you can't match that $ wise but you better give me some job security.

End of the day I don't think JH wants to burn this bridge. I'm sure his last stint in the NFL isn't going to leave fond memories too.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Dec 24, 2018 at 11:20 AM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
The bottom line is it comes down to what the Jets are offering. If they double his current salary and give him unquestioned and absolute control over an NFL franchise, one with a young potential franchise QB, its something that he'd at least have to sit down and contemplate.

He's young enough that he could always return to Michigan down the road if he wanted to.

If he gets that he's gone 100%
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I think he goes to UM and says I know you can't match that $ wise but you better give me some job security.

End of the day I don't think JH wants to burn this bridge.

Why would the bridge be burned?
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:

Unless you hear it from Sam Webb.. It's b******t. Otherwise on to a new and improved speedy offense and a new wave of speed on defense..

Everything else is Paul and Chris news.
Harbaugh only stay at one place for 4 years.. Officially debunked

This. No one in Michigan is sweating this. There's no sign of friction.

This is all in people's heads. With JH you know when guys have had enough of him. We had reports saying we could win the SB and he'd be gone going back to Feb.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Dec 24, 2018 at 11:24 AM ]
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Why would the bridge be burned?

0-4 v OSU, no playoff appearances then runs back to the NFL. His hire would be seen as a complete failure and this is his alma mater. I'd be shocked if he left no matter what the Jets offer.
0-4 v OSU, no playoff appearances then runs back to the NFL. His hire would be seen as a complete failure and this is his alma mater. I'd be shocked if he left no matter what the Jets offer.

If you get the kind of offer Phoenix is talking about Michigan has to realize where they are in the pecking order. If ya are bitter about him taking a Godfather NFL offer your perspective is all messed up.

Context...

Jim Harbaugh has arguably the best Qb group and WR group in the country next year.. This offense is about to open up and the transition is happening. The roster will be 100% his this spring..

After he wins a couple championships he will return to the nfl... I said it a while ago.

Qb's Shea Patterson, Christian Mcaffrey and Joe Milton.

WR DPJ, Tarik Black and Nico Collins. 3 potential 1,000 yard receivers. This will be a different offense next season...
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Dec 26, 2018 at 9:28 AM ]
If you get the kind of offer Phoenix is talking about Michigan has to realize where they are in the pecking order. If ya are bitter about him taking a Godfather NFL offer your perspective is all messed up.

You do realize that wasn't a realistic offer.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Dec 26, 2018 at 9:58 AM ]

Context...

Jim Harbaugh has arguably the best Qb group and WR group in the country next year.. This offense is about to open up and the transition is happening. The roster will be 100% his this spring..

After he wins a couple championships he will return to the nfl... I said it a while ago.

WR DPJ, Tarik Black and Nico Collins. 3 potential 1,000 yard receivers. This will be a different offense next season...

Harbs has made great progress, despite what the haters in here will say. We can now say Michigan's reputation as a top program is re-built, but its still not a top tier (top 5) program.

For me, top tier programs are currently: Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, Ohio State, LSU

I know Georgia and LSU may not have the playoff appearance chops, but the NFL level talent they bring in there is top tier.

Then you have the "great" programs: USC, Michigan, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Auburn, Florida State, Texas A&M, Florida, Penn St, Washington

Then you have "good" programs: Texas, Oregon, Tenn, Miami, Stanford, South Carolina, Ole Miss, Nebraksa, Miss St, TCU, Michigan State, Virginia Tech

My categories are based on recruiting power, not performance.

You do realize that wasn't a realistic offer.

Gruden got 10 years 100 mil. Gonna have to offer big money and total control to entice him. He's already making 7 I believe.

Context...

Are you saying potential 1000 yard receivers in NFL? There is zero chance a Jim Harbaugh coached team will ever have 3 1000 yard receivers.
Saban leaving might be what Harbros needs to get over the hump.
Are you saying potential 1000 yard receivers in NFL? There is zero chance a Jim Harbaugh coached team will ever have 3 1000 yard receivers.

The offense is going through a transition period. Nico Collins, DPJ and Tarik Black all have the potential. This offense has 3 mobile Quarterbacks and receivers that showed their potential.

This will be a new offense next year, where the ball will be thrown alot. Karan Higdon is going to the NFL. That Cali kid Charbonett is going to replace Karan Higdon or get some reps and the new blood speed will be used.

I don't see any other options. Honestly those two young receivers. Nico and and DPJ grew up fast without Tarik Black this year.

What option does Harbaugh have but to open this offense? Harbaugh never has had this much skilled players on offense.

100% of the roster will be his this spring.... Not counting this class... Shea, Dylan and Joe.. Dpj, Nico and Tarik is alot of skill players. There's alot of skill and versatility on this squad next season on offense. That new tight end that redshirted this year is. a natural pass catcher. Forget his name.

The skill players on this squad is promising. 2-3 years I give this squad maybe big ten championship next season. There's some talent on this team. This offense gotta open up.

There's no other choice. Shea coming back for his second year. I hope we see the playbook opened up Saturday.. Some players are sitting. It's going to be interesting to see the game plan.
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Dec 27, 2018 at 4:45 PM ]
This will be a new offense next year, where the ball will be thrown alot.

No it won't. lol
Share 49ersWebzone