There are 164 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Harbaugh's main problem is that he won't loosen his death grip over his 1985 offense. He needs to bring in a smart, innovative young offensive mind and give then full reign over the offense. Just play the role of motivator-in-chief and keep everyone on the same page.

Couldn't agree more, with that being said I don't think he will do that.

This. At this point its pretty clear he wont self evaluate and make real changes. I mean we down 3 scores and on 1st down run up the gut. It works against Illinois and Maryland but not the big boys. And next year we will just have Patterson doing the same b******t. We got great wrs but they won't use them
Jim Harbaugh at Michigan :

1-9 VS top 10 teams
1-3 in bowl games
0-4 VS OSU

Ouch.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Harbaugh's main problem is that he won't loosen the death grip over his 1985 offense. He needs to bring in a smart, innovative young offensive mind and give then full reign over the offense. Just play the role of motivator-in-chief and keep everyone on the same page.

I honestly feel like he'd rather lose doing it his way than win with a vastly different offensive philosophy.

At some point, being that stubborn really works against you. Modern offense is not 3 yards and a cloud of dust, its about explosive passing offenses. You're going to give up points on defense so you'd better have an offense that can light up the scoreboard as well.

You're not going to go up against Ohio State, Clemson, Bama and the other CFB powers and hope to beat them 17-14. Until Harbaugh truly acknowledges that, he'll continue to be out of the national championship hunt.
Harbaugh's main problem is that he won't loosen the death grip over his 1985 offense. He needs to bring in a smart, innovative young offensive mind and give then full reign over the offense. Just play the role of motivator-in-chief and keep everyone on the same page.

I honestly feel like he'd rather lose doing it his way than win with a vastly different offensive philosophy.

At some point, being that stubborn really works against you. Modern offense is not 3 yards and a cloud of dust, its about explosive passing offenses. You're going to give up points on defense so you'd better have an offense that can light up the scoreboard as well.

You're not going to go up against Ohio State, Clemson, Bama and the other CFB powers and hope to beat them 17-14. Until Harbaugh truly acknowledges that, he'll continue to be out of the national championship hunt.

Agreed but I don't see Harbs doing it. Even Nick Saban adjusted to the spread high tempo offenses. But that's why he's the better coach. Saban a few years ago wanted that s**t banned now he's got the #2 scoring offense in the nation. Adapt or die Jimmy boy
[ Edited by Hysterikal on Dec 29, 2018 at 1:16 PM ]
These bowl games are nothing more than exhibition games nowadays. When your best players pass it's meaningless.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Dec 29, 2018 at 1:17 PM ]

Agreed but I don't see Harbs doing it. Even Nick Saban adjusted to the spread high tempo offenses. But that's why he's the better coach. Saban a few years ago wanted that s**t banned now he's got the #2 scoring offense in the nation. Adapt or die Jimmy boy

Better defense. Saban got it. Jimmy should get it, if he wants to keep his archaic offense. He misses Fangio
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Dec 29, 2018 at 1:21 PM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Better defense. Saban got it. Jimmy should get it. He misses Fangio

Michigan had the top rated D this year

I don't see it the couple of big games I've seen of them. Maybe against weaker competition they maybe top rated lol
I don't see it the couple of big games I've seen of them. Maybe against weaker competition they maybe top rated lol

They play man to man pretty exclusively. Don't have the speed to keep up with certain programs. It's an issue that will only flair vs top rated programs. JH's o on the other hand can struggle vs half the country.

Agreed 100%. big 10 was overrated this year. Bush is a GREAT player and would have helped vs Florida but without the punt blocks that Michigan offense with the all world Shea Patterson woulda scored what 10 points or was it 7 this game. Michigan's D is legit and the offense is a joke. And so is Patterson.

Where does their offense rank?
  • Jiks

Big10 was the second worst conference if not equal behind the Pac. Both were absolutely terrible imo.
[ Edited by Jiks on Dec 29, 2018 at 1:30 PM ]

High school level

High school level

Gotcha. I heard it was bad, 40th-50th in college football but wasn't sure.

Enter Greg Roman to fix all the ills
Share 49ersWebzone