There are 272 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Since JH's arrival UM has the 7th best record of all programs. They're not where they need to be, anything short of playoffs is a letdown, but it's not the gloom and doom you're seeing.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Since JH's arrival UM has the 7th best record of all programs. They're not where they need to be, anything short of playoffs is a letdown, but it's not the gloom and doom you're seeing.

1-9 VS top 10 teams and 1-3 in Bowl games. They struggle against the better teams but they have racked up a bunch of wins against lesser competition.

He wins a lot of games and he loses a lot of big games.

That is the coach he has been for eight years now. It's not bad luck or a small sample size anymore. It is simply who he is.
Originally posted by evil:
1-9 VS top 10 teams and 1-3 in Bowl games. They struggle against the better teams but they have racked up a bunch of wins against lesser competition.

OSU, bowl games without best players is 7 of those losses.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

That is the coach he has been for eight years now. It's not bad luck or a small sample size anymore. It is simply who he is.

Pro football is an entirely different animal. What you see in college is OSU is a better program. Games aren't even close.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Dec 29, 2018 at 1:56 PM ]
Pro football is an entirely different animal. What you see in college is OSU is a better program. Games aren't even close.

They are also coached significantly better.

Mullen and Grantham just out coached the crap out of Harbaugh and co. today.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

Yeah but Harbaugh has total control of the UM football program correct? So isn't he responsible for it?
Originally posted by evil:

OSU, bowl games without best players is 7 of those losses.

Only one of the Bowl games was against a top 10 team and that was Florida this year.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
They are also coached significantly better.

Mullen and Grantham just out coached the crap out of Harbaugh and co. today.

I don't put much weight into a game when your 3/5 best players say I don't give a sh about this. Non playoff bowl games are glorified exhibition matchups. JH has problems. His o won't win nowadays vs elite programs but it's nothing that can't be fixed.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Dec 29, 2018 at 2:06 PM ]
I don't put much weight into a game when your 3/5 best players say I don't give a sh about this. Non playoff bowl games are glorified exhibition matchups. JH has problems. His o won't win nowadays vs elite programs but it's nothing that can't be fixed.

It can't be fixed if you don't acknowledge its a problem. Wu is deluding himself into thinking he's gonna change anything. It will be the same offense in 2019. It's who the guy is.

If you don't have your starting rb and the drop off is so severe you can't run for 100 yards against a subpar rush D perhaps you need to put together a game plan that involves passing more then running. Instead it's the same old awful time management and can't get plays in on time offense it's always been mixed with playaction deep shots because there is no consistent intermediate pass game.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Dec 29, 2018 at 2:15 PM ]

So I see JH lost another big game today.
  • Jiks
I can't stand Harbros for leaving a year early in an ugly way but I can see him winning when Saban leaves.
[ Edited by TonyStarks on Dec 29, 2018 at 2:51 PM ]
Originally posted by Jiks:

I'd kill to be the 7th best team in the NFL.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
So I see JH lost another big game today.

Lost all 3 of his big ones here
Share 49ersWebzone