Rams overcome career game from Jauan Jennings, rally to stun 49ers 27-24 →

There are 340 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by sacniner:
It's fun being relevant. Post November half the fanbase is cheering for us to lose for a better draft pick. Sucks

He wouldn't be leading a Nick Mullens qb'd team to relevancy.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by swoosh6996:
Some of them think the Harbaugh years were the only golden years this franchise has ever had. Was it fun during that time? Yeah, but we could start to see it as we are seeing it now: Harbaugh cannot win big games.

Don't get me wrong, I was happy when we hired him. He did good during his time here, but he came up short in big games.
He's a modern day Marty Schottenheimer. He'll get you there, or close to there, but never over the top.

He's a really good coach. He's not the second coming of Lombardi or Walsh like some act. He could be a great coach. The only thing stopping Jim Harbaugh from being a great coach---is Jim Harbaugh.

Harbaugh's great limiting factor is his slavish devotion to an offensive scheme that was already quite aged back in the 80s. When he has superior talent, the scheme allows him to play defense and essentially play keep away.

When opposing talent is equal or superior, his offensive approach becomes a liability.

Great coaches adapt and change with the times. You don't have to look any further than Belichick and Saban. When stuff stops working, they get off that. Belichick jumped on board the spread offense wave in the NFL quite early. Saban is adjusting his offensive approach as well. These guys are doing whatever they need to keep winning.

Harbaugh seems determined to either win his way or lose trying. Until he becomes more flexible and less dogmatic, the better teams and coaches will continue to run circles around him.

Agreed
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
He's a really good coach. He's not the second coming of Lombardi or Walsh like some act. He could be a great coach. The only thing stopping Jim Harbaugh from being a great coach---is Jim Harbaugh.

Harbaugh's great limiting factor is his slavish devotion to an offensive scheme that was already quite aged back in the 80s. When he has superior talent, the scheme allows him to play defense and essentially play keep away.

When opposing talent is equal or superior, his offensive approach becomes a liability.

Great coaches adapt and change with the times. You don't have to look any further than Belichick and Saban. When stuff stops working, they get off that. Belichick jumped on board the spread offense wave in the NFL quite early. Saban is adjusting his offensive approach as well. These guys are doing whatever they need to keep winning.

Harbaugh seems determined to either win his way or lose trying. Until he becomes more flexible and less dogmatic, the better teams and coached wil continue to run circles around him.

Exactly right. Does anyone actually think we could win a game with Nick Mullens as the starting Qb in his offense outside of Fangio D pitching a shutout?

Wu
sacniner
tj
9erReign
sus
It's fun being relevant. Post November half the fanbase is cheering for us to lose for a better draft pick. Sucks

He wouldn't be leading a Nick Mullens qb'd team to relevancy.

He may not have drafted Joe Williams and CJ Beathard as well. Possibly would have input on defense.

He's not perfect, but a great coach.
He may not have drafted Joe Williams and CJ Beathard as well. Possibly would have input on defense.

He's not perfect, but a great coach.

Seeing as he didn't see the best two Stanford NFL players not named Andrew Luck coming I have serious doubts on his NFL scouting abilities.

Colin would still be our qb in all likelihood.
JH hired Fangio not the opposite way around. Fangio was a disgraced bum who had to go back to college just to find a coordinator job. Yes jH would have to rely on d to win with Mullins should I care though? He provided that d. Meanwhile Shanny loses again but wins you a fantasy football game.
Harbaugh loses another big game. Do not be deceived. You will reap what you sow Jim.

Jim's team is high on power and low on speed. He needs to adapt or go back to the NFL.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
JH hired Fangio not the opposite way around. Fangio was a disgraced bum who had to go back to college just to find a coordinator job. Yes jH would have to rely on d to win with Mullins should I care though? He provided that d. Meanwhile Shanny loses again but wins you a fantasy football game.

I don't think the 9ers score 13 points a game with Mullens at qb in Harbaugh offense. We wouldn't have pissed off people mad about not having the #1 pick. It'd be locked up.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Dec 29, 2018 at 7:04 PM ]
Originally posted by John_Candy:
Harbaugh loses another big game. Do not be deceived. You will reap what you sow Jim.

Jim's team is high on power and low on speed. He needs to adapt or go back to the NFL.

Jets will be calling on Monday.
Jets will be calling on Monday.

Agreed. Wouldn't surprise me if GB gave him a call.

I don't think the 9ers score 13 points a game with Mullens at qb in Harbaugh offense. We wouldn't have pissed off people mad about not having the #1 pick. It'd be locked up.

I can tell you we wouldn't have a top 10 yards d but 28th ranked scoring d either. JH isn't going to have his offense be a to machine like Kyle did for part of the year. Blowing game after game.
There's a good chance that Harbaugh would have kept Kap all this time.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I can tell you we wouldn't have a top 10 yards d but 28th ranked scoring d either. JH isn't going to have his offense be a to machine like Kyle did for part of the year. Blowing game after game.

Just lead league in punts and be even worse in red zone.
Originally posted by John_Candy:
There's a good chance that Harbaugh would have kept Kap all this time.

It's a near certainty.

Share 49ersWebzone