Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SFGiant49ers:
I think he would prefer to go to a team with speed if anything

If they don't have it give him 7 years and he'll get it
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

It would be unfair to judge a head coaches performance without at least 7 years to accumulate talent.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
It would be unfair to judge a head coaches performance without at least 7 years to accumulate talent.

We talking about us and Shanny here?
Originally posted by tjd808185:

We talking about us and Shanny here?

We're talking about the resident Jim fan of this thread and his opinion on how long a coach should get before it's fair to evaluate. When he took the job he said anything less than 4 years would be unfair to judge because his players weren't in place. Now that it's been 4 years, he feels another 2-3 years is needed for fair evaluation.
We're talking about the resident Jim fan of this thread and his opinion on how long a coach should get before it's fair to evaluate. When he took the job he said anything less than 4 years would be unfair to judge because his players weren't in place. Now that it's been 4 years, he feels another 2-3 years is needed for fair evaluation.

Anyone check if wu is still alive?
Originally posted by tjd808185:

Anyone check if wu is still alive?

He's fine. I think it's good that he's taking a break from this thread after yesterday's blow out loss. He doesn't need to come in here and combat everybody's harsh reality about his favorite team and coach.

That said, I guarantee he's assembling the tweets as we speak.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Lol
He's fine. I think it's good that he's taking a break from this thread after yesterday's blow out loss. He doesn't need to come in here and combat everybody's harsh reality about his favorite team and coach.

That said, I guarantee he's assembling the tweets as we speak.

Oh yea, you can bet he's gonna come in here loaded with more tweets than usual. Can't wait
Maybe Harbaugh should go with the hot hand.
A Harbaugh led team lost another big game? Thats a shocker

Wu still not here? For real...someone check on him.
49ers record with Jim Harbaugh: 44-19-1 (3 NFC championship games)

49ers record w/out Jim Harbaugh: 17-47 (notes: meaningless end of season wins included, after October fanbase is cheering for losses, no meaningful games, bottom tier team every year)

And the right decision was to fire Harbaugh? And then to come bash him relentlessly in this thread? Hmmm... seems insecure

Real Niner fans miss Jim Harbaugh. The only glimmer of success in this disgusting York era
Originally posted by sacniner:

49ers record w/out Jim Harbaugh: 17-47 (notes: meaningless end of season wins included, after October fanbase is cheering for losses, no meaningful games, bottom tier team every year)

And the right decision was to fire Harbaugh? And then to come bash him relentlessly in this thread? Hmmm... seems insecure

Real Niner fans miss Jim Harbaugh. The only glimmer of success in this disgusting York era

Real Niner fans miss harbaugh? Lol speak for yourself.
Sorry but I disagree. He was a good coach but not a great coach. He inherited one hell of a team. His rah rah rah mantra sure as hell helped him. Did I want him to go? No but he made is own bed and burned bridges. If he wanted to stay with the Niners he sure as hell could've. But he made a lot of questionable decisions that screwed him and us. He didn't invest the time into making Kaep the QB he should've (how many reports on him instructing Kaep not to seek out help with his mechanics)

But let's be honest here. Were you perfectly fine with his stubbornness? His stubbornness that did him in? Come on he fkd himself right into that little corner. He stayed too loyal to certain staff members that needed to go. The playcalling was infuriating to watch. Just as it is at Michigan.

Yes the York's are a mess too as was Baalke but let's not pretend Harbs was a golden child. Dude lacks the big game finish. Maybe that's because of the coaching job he does??
[ Edited by wailers15 on Jan 4, 2019 at 2:17 PM ]
Originally posted by wailers15:

Sorry but I disagree. He was a good coach but not a great coach. He inherited one hell of a team. His rah rah rah mantra sure as hell helped him. Did I want him to go? No but he made is own bed and burned bridges. If he wanted to stay with the Niners he sure as hell could've. But he made a lot of questionable decisions that screwed him and us. He didn't invest the time into making Kaep the QB he should've (how many reports on him instructing Kaep not to seek out help with his mechanics)

But let's be honest here. Were you perfectly fine with his stubbornness? His stubbornness that did him in? Come on he fkd himself right into that little corner. He stayed too loyal to certain staff members that needed to go. The playcalling was infuriating to watch. Just as it is at Michigan.

Yes the York's are a mess too as was Baalke but let's not pretend Harbs was a golden child. Dude lacks the big game finish. Maybe that's because of the coaching job he does??

LMAO, how good was the team before Harbaugh arrived?

Let's fact check that once again. Here are the 49ers win/loss records from 2003 until the year before Harbaugh got here in 2011:

7-9
2-14
4-12
7-9
5-11
7-9
8-8
6-10

Combined 46 - 82

Here are Harbaugh's win/loss records:

13 - 3 (Loss NFCCG)
11-4-1 (Loss NFCCG)
12-4 (Loss SB)
8-8

Combined: 44-19-1

in other words Harbaugh won almost as many games (44) in 4 years, then the team had won the previous 8 years (2003 - 2010) combined!

Harbaugh inherited a perennial loser, and turned them into champions!

Division Champs
NFC Champs
& missed out on a SB championship by 5 yards!
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by wailers15:

LMAO, how good was the team before Harbaugh arrived?

Let's fact check that once again. Here are the 49ers win/loss records from 2003 until the year before Harbaugh got here in 2011:

7-9
2-14
4-12
7-9
5-11
7-9
8-8
6-10

Combined 46 - 82

Here are Harbaugh's win/loss records:

13 - 3 (Loss NFCCG)
11-4-1 (Loss NFCCG)
12-4 (Loss SB)
8-8

Combined: 44-19-1

in other words Harbaugh won almost as many games (44) in 4 years, then the team had won the previous 8 years (2003 - 2010) combined!

Harbaugh inherited a perennial loser, and turned them into champions!

Division Champs
NFC Champs
& missed out on a SB championship by 5 yards!

Yes he was successful and did a good job in turning the team around no doubt. He also limited himself with being predictable. Yes a mighty impressive record but it was coming apart. I don't think the winning would've continued, not on the path we were heading. Who's to say right. Can't predict the future.

His teams were/are becoming predictable and that's how it was with the Niners. I'm not taking away the success but when it counted how many times was it frustrating watching those games and the play calling. Painful. He hired Roman so hell he's responsible for him. I liked him but heck he had to go. The honeymoon was over unfortunately. I don't think he wanted to stay here regardless if he had no beef with upper mgmt. I think he was destined to go to Michigan. Was time to go IMO. Yea the outcome was bound to suck for us. The writing was on the wall. We're stuck with the York's. But I don't miss him at all. I know of a lot of Niner fans who feel that way too.
Share 49ersWebzone