There are 164 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
"If he wanted to stay with the Niners he sure as hell could've."

This is true.

https://nesn.com/2013/12/jim-harbaugh-turned-down-extension-with-49ers-during-offseason-adding-to-speculation-about-texas-job/

Here are Harbaugh's win/loss records:

13 - 3 (Loss NFCCG) Fantastic job by Jim.
11-4-1 (Loss NFCCG) SB or bust expectations, so bust
12-4 (Loss SB) SB or bust expectations, so bust.
8-8 SB or bust expectations, or at least playoffs or bust expectations, so bust.
Originally posted by John_Candy:

This is true.

https://nesn.com/2013/12/jim-harbaugh-turned-down-extension-with-49ers-during-offseason-adding-to-speculation-about-texas-job/

8-8 SB or bust expectations, or at least playoffs or bust expectations, so bust.

Has every year been a dumpster fire bust since he left? It's been hideous, so must be stronger than the NFCGG, and SB loss busts you list above?
Originally posted by sacniner:
Has every year been a dumpster fire bust since he left? It's been hideous, so must be stronger than the NFCGG, and SB loss busts you list above?

It depends on the roster and my expectations for that roster.
Lolz

I thought Harbaugh wasn't open for change? In year 3-4 at Standford major changes, Michigan 3-4 years major coaching changes, San Diego St 3-4 years major coaching changes... Pattern much? Looks open for changes from this vantage point...

[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jan 10, 2019 at 2:35 PM ]
huge hire, Gattis has been a stud
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:

I thought Harbaugh wasn't open for change? In year 3-4 at Standford major changes, Michigan 3-4 years major coaching changes, San Diego St 3-4 years major coaching changes... Pattern much? Looks open for changes from this vantage point...

Baalke : "We want you to change Roman"

JH : "to who ?"

Baalke : "Geep "

JH :

Whisper campaign : "JH hates change "
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Baalke : "We want you to change Roman"

JH : "to who ?"

Baalke : "Geep "

JH :

Whisper campaign : "JH hates change "

Officially debunked like "he only stays in one place for four years"....

[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jan 10, 2019 at 3:16 PM ]
Originally posted by John_Candy:

This is true.

He could have stayed for a lowball offer? Jed wanted him gone. In February 2014, articles were coming out saying the 49ers had decided to move on from Harbaugh and replace him with Tomsula.

Here is what getting rid of Harbaugh has gotten the 49ers:
5-11 Bust
2-14 Bust
6-10 Bust
4-12 Bust

Let me know when the 49ers get a coach who can replicate Harbaugh's 4 year w-l record along with 2 NFCCG.

Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by sacniner:
49ers record with Jim Harbaugh: 44-19-1 (3 NFC championship games)

49ers record w/out Jim Harbaugh: 17-47 (notes: meaningless end of season wins included, after October fanbase is cheering for losses, no meaningful games, bottom tier team every year)

And the right decision was to fire Harbaugh? And then to come bash him relentlessly in this thread? Hmmm... seems insecure

Real Niner fans miss Jim Harbaugh. The only glimmer of success in this disgusting York era

Real Niner fans miss harbaugh? Lol speak for yourself.
Sorry but I disagree. He was a good coach but not a great coach. He inherited one hell of a team. His rah rah rah mantra sure as hell helped him. Did I want him to go? No but he made is own bed and burned bridges. If he wanted to stay with the Niners he sure as hell could've. But he made a lot of questionable decisions that screwed him and us. He didn't invest the time into making Kaep the QB he should've (how many reports on him instructing Kaep not to seek out help with his mechanics)

But let's be honest here. Were you perfectly fine with his stubbornness? His stubbornness that did him in? Come on he fkd himself right into that little corner. He stayed too loyal to certain staff members that needed to go. The playcalling was infuriating to watch. Just as it is at Michigan.

Yes the York's are a mess too as was Baalke but let's not pretend Harbs was a golden child. Dude lacks the big game finish. Maybe that's because of the coaching job he does??

The team was very good with Harbaugh despite the Yorks and Baalke but we have no reason to believe the team can be that good with the Yorks and any other coach.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
He could have stayed for a lowball offer? Jed wanted him gone. In February 2014, articles were coming out saying the 49ers had decided to move on from Harbaugh and replace him with Tomsula.

Here is what getting rid of Harbaugh has gotten the 49ers:
5-11 Bust
2-14 Bust
6-10 Bust
4-12 Bust

Let me know when the 49ers get a coach who can replicate Harbaugh's 4 year w-l record along with 2 NFCCG.

He wanted out too. I don't know who started the beef, but Harbaugh isn't blameless. The men only comment while funny, was just begging to get fired or mutually parted with. The rejected extension was from 2013. Do we know that he was lowballed?

Let me know when we get a roster that good again.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Knew he was gonna come back stocked up with tweets
Originally posted by SFGiant49ers:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Knew he was gonna come back stocked up with tweets

And apparently completely ignoring the whooping Florida put on them in the peach bowl. lol
JH's contract didn't run out, he was asked to leave and they agreed on mutually parting ways. Refusing a low ball option with little security is something most would do contempt or not with the job. It was a bad offer.
Share 49ersWebzone