There are 367 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by GLT49ers:
I wonder how harbaughs team is shaping out to be?

really great roster, that he inherits. they just never had a great HC, until now. bookend tackles with Slater and Alt. FQB. brought in some run game, I like Edwards who runs hard. Dobbins has always been intriguing, if he can get healthy. slot machine in Ladd. Mack and Bosa. With D James. so they are cooking with some good ingredients. on paper, this is a better team than the 2011 Niners, as I can't put that team above this one, due to Alex.
If the Chargers are able to stop the run, it's going to be a long day for opposing teams... one Jimbo will run Big ass Gus Edwards and Dobbins down their throats...and then they have pass rushers like Bosa and Mack..but also Bud Dupree for depth.

interesting that Harbs brought in both of the Raven's running backs.

not so sure about their WRs though, but curious how Jerry's son does.

Harbs will instantly bring them confidence going up against the Chiefs.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Aug 28, 2024 at 2:39 PM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:
If the Chargers are able to stop the run, it's going to be a long day for opposing teams... one Jimbo will run Big ass Gus Edwards and Dobbins down their throats...and then they have pass rushers like Bosa and Mack..but also Bud Dupree for depth.

i recommend they kick tires on Toney
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Harbs wouldn't put up with his s**t.

Harbs wouldn't put up with his s**t.

lol you may be right on that
really great roster, that he inherits. they just never had a great HC, until now. bookend tackles with Slater and Alt. FQB. brought in some run game, I like Edwards who runs hard. Dobbins has always been intriguing, if he can get healthy. slot machine in Ladd. Mack and Bosa. With D James. so they are cooking with some good ingredients. on paper, this is a better team than the 2011 Niners, as I can't put that team above this one, due to Alex.

Their receivers are hot garbage. Not that Roman could scheme a pass to begin with. I don't think the run heavy style will work in 2024.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Aug 28, 2024 at 8:38 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tjd808185:

Their receivers are hot garbage. Not that Roman could scheme a pass to begin with. I don't think the run heavy style will work in 2024.

I agree, the Roman offense is basically the run heavy Bo Schembechler offense. It's Shane Day that I think can evolve Harbaugh's offense past Rome's heyday.
oh they have shane day. thats a good name on the staff
Originally posted by Giedi:
I agree, the Roman offense is basically the run heavy Bo Schembechler offense. It's Shane Day that I think can evolve Harbaugh's offense past Rome's heyday.

Yeah. His time here was pretty much the swan song of you can win with a power o and great d. This time around he's going to have to adjust to the modern game and I don't think that's in him.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Yeah. His time here was pretty much the swan song of you can win with a power o and great d. This time around he's going to have to adjust to the modern game and I don't think that's in him.

I disagree, I think Harbaugh and Roman will be fine, they at least got a much better QB to start with and an already solid defense. At worst I see Harbaugh and the Chargers in second in the AFCW. Everywhere that Harbaugh has gone he's won at. Dude may be somewhat of a prick but players buy into him.

Originally posted by Kolohe:

I disagree, I think Harbaugh and Roman will be fine, they at least got a much better QB to start with and an already solid defense. At worst I see Harbaugh and the Chargers in second in the AFCW. Everywhere that Harbaugh has gone he's won at. Dude may be somewhat of a prick but players buy into him.

Yeah I think harbaugh is going to instantly make the Chargers contenders

Would be a good bet based on his history of dong just that.

Took our scrubs in 2011 with no offseason (lockout) and likely would have won the Super Bowl if Kyle Williams didn't go full retard.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Would be a good bet based on his history of dong just that.

Took our scrubs in 2011 with no offseason (lockout) and likely would have won the Super Bowl if Kyle Williams didn't go full retard.
they weren't scrubs and going against a prime Brady is no easy task

he hasn't learned when he brought Roman back and took has beens from the Ravens like he did with Tory Smith
Interesting comments from Delanie Walker about Harbs

First Harbs talking about it (9er firing) wasn't a mutual seperation, like it was reported in the media...

"They said they were coming in and they're going in a different direction," Harbaugh said. "And I said, 'Great, what direction are we going? And they said, 'Well, we're going in a direction, but you're not coming with us.'" Harbaugh turned around a 49ers franchise that had hit rock-bottom -- but he didn't stay long. Michael Zagaris/San Francisco 49ers/Getty Images
Former 49ers tight end Delanie Walker, who coached with the Chargers during training camp, said that Harbaugh's style built an "us-versus-the-world mentality" that can be difficult for those outside the roster and coaching staff to understand.

But at the same time, Walker said he noticed a slightly different Harbaugh at training camp than the one he played under more than a decade ago.

"Being in college [after the 49ers experience], I think, just changed his way of coaching," Walker said. "He gave the players a lot of opportunity to have an input in what practice was going to be like. .. His growth and understanding of what players need and how they feel has changed a lot."
[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 8, 2024 at 5:50 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone