There are 164 users in the forums

Chiefs looking to extend Alex Smith

Shop 49ers game tickets
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/281690/chiefs-to-try-and-extend-alex-smiths-deal

The National Football Post's Jason Cole reports the Chiefs will try and extend Alex Smith's contract this offseason.

Smith is entering the final year of his contract and is set to make $7.5 million. He has a 30-9-1 record the past three seasons and helped the Chiefs go from 2-14 in 2012 to 11-5 and a Wild Card playoff berth in 2013, Smith's first season with Kansas City. Smith also set new career-highs in passing yards (3,313) and passing touchdowns (23) this past season. Smith isn't going to command a lengthy deal or a ton of guaranteed money, but a three- or four-year extension at $13-15 million per year would make some sense.

I lol'd at $13-$15 million a year.
They pretty much have to extend him, and $13M is the going rate...

And people say we treated him badly, please...
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
They pretty much have to extend him, and $13M is the going rate...

And people say we treated him badly, please...

Don't think anyone said the Niners treated Smith badly financial wise. Smith was willing to take less to stay with the Niners.
don't see why they wouldn't. He had a really nice year for them, still has many good years left.
Agreed ... seems like a no brainer.
Lol, who else are you gonna play at QB? Extend him.
Pretty much. So many QBs that have done less (in terms of winning) have gotten paid more.
And he out them in position to win their game
  • Jiks
8 years 156 mill, 100 mil guaranteed.
Good for him.

Two things:
1. The tie isnt really his
2. That will probably be a career year.

Good for him though. He deserves it.
I expect Alex to do just fine under Reid. They have another offseason together and I expect they will keep winning ball games. Good for Alex!
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/281690/chiefs-to-try-and-extend-alex-smiths-deal

The National Football Post's Jason Cole reports the Chiefs will try and extend Alex Smith's contract this offseason.

Smith is entering the final year of his contract and is set to make $7.5 million. He has a 30-9-1 record the past three seasons and helped the Chiefs go from 2-14 in 2012 to 11-5 and a Wild Card playoff berth in 2013, Smith's first season with Kansas City. Smith also set new career-highs in passing yards (3,313) and passing touchdowns (23) this past season. Smith isn't going to command a lengthy deal or a ton of guaranteed money, but a three- or four-year extension at $13-15 million per year would make some sense.

I lol'd at $13-$15 million a year.

He's earned it.
Well whatever he gets, it only logical to assume Kap will demand more!
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Pretty much. So many QBs that have done less (in terms of winning) have gotten paid more.

Cutler.....ugh.
Romo...yikes.
Share 49ersWebzone