There are 228 users in the forums

******* Superbowl XLIX GAMEDAY THREAD ********

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Canadian9erfan:
I am going to the Super Bowl and i will 100% be cheering for the Pats. What i actually hope happens is
1. Pats win is some sort of dramatic fashion, burning Sherman.
2. A week later the NFL somehow finds evidence of deflated footballs and takes away the Trophy and record.
3. Belichuk gets kicked out of the league and banned from the Hall of Fame. his hoodie is also burned.
4. Sherman not only gets beat on the last TD, but tears an ACL (maybe both).

That being said, i think that Seattle wins this game.

classy
Originally posted by theduke85:
Originally posted by 49erFan816:
You have to think about the eras that they played in also. Montana won his 4 super bowls in a much more even era between offense and defense. Also the whole spygate thing looms over Brady as well as the rule changes which benefit the passing game more.
Montana also won his Super Bowls in an era without a a salary cap. His teams were loaded. Absolutely loaded. The league didn't have the competitive balance that it does now. I'm trying trying to discredit him, but it can't be ignored.

Yeah his teams were loaded but so were other powerhouse teams like the giants, redskins, bears , and the eagles. Meanwhile Brady had to contend with Jake Delhomme.
[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Jan 29, 2015 at 1:34 PM ]
Originally posted by MCrabs15:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
I can't believe there are actual Niner fans rooting for Seattle to win this Sunday what kind of Niners fans are you?

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

I like Lynch. Joe Montana is pulling for the Hawks as well. I don't feel bad at all.

So what u are u Joe Montana? Niner fans like you i wouldn't ever associate with. U shame the faithful. Its sickening
I can't believe there are actual Niner fans rooting for Seattle to win this Sunday what kind of Niners fans are you?

I like Lynch. Joe Montana is pulling for the Hawks as well. I don't feel bad at all.

So what u are u Joe Montana? Niner fans like you i wouldn't ever associate with. U shame the faithful. Its sickening

Shame the faithful ? Lolwut.

Is Joe shaming the faithful ? Does he make you sick ? Would you stop sporting his jersey because he chooses to root for the Hawks on Sunday ?

He can root for whoever he wants to root for on Sunday and it makes him no less of a fan or any less faithful.
[ Edited by KRS-1 on Jan 29, 2015 at 1:44 PM ]
Katy Perry just had a press conference on NFL Network. Once again, who f*cking cares? I get that the match up has been dissected to the max already, but really?

And what does a halftime performance have to do with "female empowerment"?
[ Edited by LayTheWoodall on Jan 29, 2015 at 1:59 PM ]
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by Canadian9erfan:
I am going to the Super Bowl and i will 100% be cheering for the Pats. What i actually hope happens is
1. Pats win is some sort of dramatic fashion, burning Sherman.
2. A week later the NFL somehow finds evidence of deflated footballs and takes away the Trophy and record.
3. Belichuk gets kicked out of the league and banned from the Hall of Fame. his hoodie is also burned.
4. Sherman not only gets beat on the last TD, but tears an ACL (maybe both).

That being said, i think that Seattle wins this game.

classy

Seriously. Dislike the guy cus of his rants, i get it. Hope he suffers season and potentially career ending injuries because of it, you are a sickening fan of any sport. It's not like he murdered someone, or is even a player who intentionally tries to injure others on the field.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Shame the faithful ? Lolwut.

Is Joe shaming the faithful ? Does he make you sick ? Would you stop sporting his jersey because he chooses to root for the Hawks on Sunday ?

He can root for whoever he wants to root for on Sunday and it makes him no less of a fan or any less faithful.

U are comparing passionate fans to former players he does not qualify as a faithful as a matter of fact last time i checked Joe grew up a Steelers fan so i am sure he doesn't mind citing with the enemy + Joe never was part of the Seattle SF rivalry remember the division alignment happend back in 2002.

So i am sure he doesn't mind one bit rooting for Seattle as for you if you call yourself a die hard or faithful it should bother u those f*ckers are 1 game away from being back 2 back Champs. I cant stand them or their fake phony fans that should be enough to make u want to root for NE.
U are comparing passionate fans to former players he does not qualify as a faithful as a matter of fact last time i checked Joe grew up a Steelers fan so i am sure he doesn't mind citing with the enemy + Joe never was part of the Seattle SF rivalry remember the division alignment happend back in 2002.

So i am sure he doesn't mind one bit rooting for Seattle as for you if you call yourself a die hard or faithful it should bother u those f*ckers are 1 game away from being back 2 back Champs. I cant stand them or their fake phony fans that should be enough to make u want to root for NE.

Is this you outside of a Seahawk fan's house? how the heck is someone a fake phony fan? bandwagon fan I get, but fake a fan? if you're a fan of a team, you're a fan of a team. It's not like you got all these closet Dolphin fans wearing Seahawks Jerseys this weekend.

p.s. Joe Montana is the GOAT. Just cus he played for the Niners and gave them so many championships doesn't mean I'm going to hate him.
[ Edited by zaghawk on Jan 29, 2015 at 2:18 PM ]
Originally posted by zaghawk:
Is this you outside of a Seahawk fan's house? how the heck is someone a fake phony fan? bandwagon fan I get, but fake a fan? if you're a fan of a team, you're a fan of a team. It's not like you got all these closet Dolphin fans wearing Seahawks Jerseys this weekend.

p.s. Joe Montana is the GOAT. Just cus he played for the Niners and gave them so many championships doesn't mean I'm going to hate him.

I agree!! Joe is the GOAT and did it when men were allowed to play football. Jerry Rice used to get mugged in his routes past 10 yards let alone 5. A lot of the rules we have today are because of Peyton and Tom so they wouldn't get their tushes hurt!!!
Hope Patriots win, i cant stand the shehawks.

Originally posted by TWOooohSIX:
Originally posted by zaghawk:

I agree!! Joe is the GOAT and did it when men were allowed to play football. Jerry Rice used to get mugged in his routes past 10 yards let alone 5. A lot of the rules we have today are because of Peyton and Tom so they wouldn't get their tushes hurt!!!
EXACTLY.
Cheapest ticket on stub hub is over $9k

That's 5x more than any SB I recall.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Yeah his teams were loaded but so were other powerhouse teams like the giants, redskins, bears , and the eagles. Meanwhile Brady had to contend with Jake Delhomme.

Hey man. SB 38 was a great one.

What's wrong? Maybe.. oh I don't know, age?

Believe it or not, there's people old enough to remember who the real enemies are. And to know that the Seahawks are insignificant. Maybe for the youngins all they know is that ugly green color, and Sherman is the only nemesis they ever known about, but here's the thing: I don't give a sh*t if the Seahawks wins two SB in a row. It takes a HELL of a lot more to become relevant in the grand scheme of things.

In the grand scheme of things, they are not even in the same league as us, the Steelers or the Boys. Or the Pats.

I don't root for the Seahawks. But I'd hate to see Belicheat wins a fourth one more than I'd hate watching some West coast backyard team win.
[ Edited by Draelmar on Jan 29, 2015 at 8:18 PM ]
Originally posted by theduke85:
I think Niners fans put too much stock in this stat. Montana's career wasn't 4 years long. He lost plenty of times in the playoffs which prevented him from losing the Super Bowl in the first place. A playoff loss is a playoff loss, I don't see why people put so much emphasis on losing in the Super Bowl. Is losing in the NFCCG somehow more forgivable than losing in the SB? To me it's worse. It's an even bigger failure.

Brady is 18-8 in the playoffs (.692 winning percentage). Montana was 16-7 in the playoffs (.615 winning percentage). If Brady retires with as many Super Bowls are Montana, I might put him ahead in my book. It's tough to admit, but I'm trying to be objective (which, let's face it, is something a good chunk of the Webzone is not good at).

This is though one because I really, really want Joe to remain the GOAT.

But it's time for some honesty here. Winning a Super Bowl is not that impressive once you're already in the Super Bowl. Statistically it's a 50/50 proposal. But to get to the Super Bowl, on the other hand, is an insanely hard thing to do. Therefore winning a Super Bowl is only marginally more impressive than making it to the Super Bowl.

Therefore, and I know I'm gonna get killed for this, even if Brady lose this week-end, he's still the true GOAT. Because according to what I just wrote in the previous paragraph, going 3-3 is not only better than going 4-0. It's immensely better.
[ Edited by Draelmar on Jan 29, 2015 at 8:24 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone