There are 266 users in the forums

******* Superbowl XLIX GAMEDAY THREAD ********

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49erFan816:
Hey man. SB 38 was a great one.

This was actually a very underrated Super Bowl imo. Probably the best overall game of the 3 SBs those Patriot teams won.

The first and third quarters were scoreless, and the fourth quarter had something like 30 total points scored.

Of course it's remembered for Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake lol.
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
This was actually a very underrated Super Bowl imo. Probably the best overall game of the 3 SBs those Patriot teams won.

The first and third quarters were scoreless, and the fourth quarter had something like 30 total points scored.

Of course it's remembered for Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake lol.

It was the best super bowl I ever seen. It was pretty even with the 1st and 3rd quarters being dominated defensively and the 2nd and 4th quarters being offensive shows
Originally posted by Draelmar:
This is though one because I really, really want Joe to remain the GOAT.

But it's time for some honesty here. Winning a Super Bowl is not that impressive once you're already in the Super Bowl. Statistically it's a 50/50 proposal. But to get to the Super Bowl, on the other hand, is an insanely hard thing to do. Therefore winning a Super Bowl is only marginally more impressive than making it to the Super Bowl.

Therefore, and I know I'm gonna get killed for this, even if Brady lose this week-end, he's still the true GOAT. Because according to what I just wrote in the previous paragraph, going 3-3 is not only better than going 4-0. It's immensely better.

So if Brady loses in the Super Bowl he will still end up being better than Montana who never ever lost a super bowl?

Brady won his 3 super bowls as a game manager. Be kind of weird that he loses 3 as an elite QB.
Originally posted by 49erFan816:

But it's time for some honesty here. Winning a Super Bowl is not that impressive once you're already in the Super Bowl. Statistically it's a 50/50 proposal. But to get to the Super Bowl, on the other hand, is an insanely hard thing to do. Therefore winning a Super Bowl is only marginally more impressive than making it to the Super Bowl.

Therefore, and I know I'm gonna get killed for this, even if Brady lose this week-end, he's still the true GOAT. Because according to what I just wrote in the previous paragraph, going 3-3 is not only better than going 4-0. It's immensely better.

So if Brady loses in the Super Bowl he will still end up being better than Montana who never ever lost a super bowl?

Brady won his 3 super bowls as a game manager. Be kind of weird that he loses 3 as an elite QB.

Yeah, apparently more playoff appearances (all because of Brady mind you) trumps PERFECTION (4 times) in the greatest game of the highest level of any sport in history according to the logic of the zone here.
[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Jan 29, 2015 at 9:33 PM ]
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Yeah, apparently more playoff appearances (all because of Brady mind you) trumps PERFECTION (4 times) in the greatest game of the highest level of any sport in history according to the logic of the zone here.

I am not hating on Brady. He's a great QB.
Originally posted by theduke85:
I think Niners fans put too much stock in this stat. Montana's career wasn't 4 years long. He lost plenty of times in the playoffs which prevented him from losing the Super Bowl in the first place. A playoff loss is a playoff loss, I don't see why people put so much emphasis on losing in the Super Bowl. Is losing in the NFCCG somehow more forgivable than losing in the SB? To me it's worse. It's an even bigger failure.

Brady is 18-8 in the playoffs (.692 winning percentage). Montana was 16-7 in the playoffs (.615 winning percentage). If Brady retires with as many Super Bowls are Montana, I might put him ahead in my book. It's tough to admit, but I'm trying to be objective (which, let's face it, is something a good chunk of the Webzone is not good at).

Originally posted by trooper49:
Originally posted by theduke85:
I think Niners fans put too much stock in this stat. Montana's career wasn't 4 years long. He lost plenty of times in the playoffs which prevented him from losing the Super Bowl in the first place. A playoff loss is a playoff loss, I don't see why people put so much emphasis on losing in the Super Bowl. Is losing in the NFCCG somehow more forgivable than losing in the SB? To me it's worse. It's an even bigger failure.

Brady is 18-8 in the playoffs (.692 winning percentage). Montana was 16-7 in the playoffs (.615 winning percentage). If Brady retires with as many Super Bowls are Montana, I might put him ahead in my book. It's tough to admit, but I'm trying to be objective (which, let's face it, is something a good chunk of the Webzone is not good at).

I cannot wait for this game. I bet 50 that the patriots will blow out the seachickens by 20+
Sherman's expecting his first child any day now. If his girlfriend goes into labor Sunday morning will he miss the game? I mean he's not married so he can go "Bye Felicia" if she goes ballistic on him for not showing up.
#whodoyoulove ???

Super bowl<Birth of first child

Because you don't understand, or because you disagree?

If it's the later, does that mean you think winning a single game, at about a 50% chance of winning, is more impressive than going through a season and playoff and making it all the way to the Super Bowl?

In other words, do you think Eli Manning (2-0) is a better QB than Peyton Manning (1-2)? If your answer is yes, than I'm baffled, and I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree

If it's the later, does that mean you think winning a single game, at about a 50% chance of winning, is more impressive than going through a season and playoff and making it all the way to the Super Bowl?

In other words, do you think Eli Manning (2-0) is a better QB than Peyton Manning (1-2)? If your answer is yes, than I'm baffled, and I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree

This is getting off topic, but I just wanted to add that winning Super Bowls is not the sole measure of a quarterback.

According to Draelmar's logic Jim Kelly (0-4) is is phenomenally better than Peyton Manning (1-2).
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
I can't believe there are actual Niner fans rooting for Seattle to win this Sunday what kind of Niners fans are you?

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

What's wrong? Maybe.. oh I don't know, age?

Believe it or not, there's people old enough to remember who the real enemies are. And to know that the Seahawks are insignificant. Maybe for the youngins all they know is that ugly green color, and Sherman is the only nemesis they ever known about, but here's the thing: I don't give a sh*t if the Seahawks wins two SB in a row. It takes a HELL of a lot more to become relevant in the grand scheme of things.

In the grand scheme of things, they are not even in the same league as us, the Steelers or the Boys. Or the Pats.

I don't root for the Seahawks. But I'd hate to see Belicheat wins a fourth one more than I'd hate watching some West coast backyard team win.

U joined less then 2 months ago n i am suppose to take your opinion serious man get outta here with your bs nonsense. Let me know when u stick around here for a few yrs then will talk.
Share 49ersWebzone