There are 303 users in the forums

******* Superbowl XLIX GAMEDAY THREAD ********

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
https://vine.co/v/OFeuulpvBJH

LOL!

Bbbbaaahahabab you can see him die a little inside.
Originally posted by thl408:

Why didn't he get flagged for celebrating like Baldwin?

You doN't get flagged when you actually take a dump.
Originally posted by Huego:
Seattle Seahawks Fans React To Super Bowl Loss (2015 Compilation)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwmP0UwHL9k#t=120

Lol the best part is most of them are so aarogant and cocky since they are new fans they took one yard for granted.

They will never do so again, if they continue to watch. I bet the bangwagon is on fire.
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Originally posted by ram29jackson:
um..no, it doesn't mean a damn thing LOL LOL LOL there is no fatigue from a 7 month break. Stop trying to overthink this crap. Its all staged in the first place.

Wilson/seahawks in 2 years have been to 2 SBs and 2 conf championships and 3 of those games came down to the final play or near it. Its bull crap. no ones life is that lucky or magical or full of drama. but it happens in the nfl every week and every year. the Seahawks weren't fatigued. They did exactly what they were supposed to do. You really think the viewing public cares to see an illiterate RB get mvp.? No, the all American white boy with the cool name-Tom Brady- was the winner !

I know Marshawn Lynch doesn't like to talk to the media but, I never heard that he couldn't read . . .

So, how do you explain last year?
Hawks win it all and 'no-name' black 7th-rounder gets to go to Disneyland.

we explain last year like this, you won 43-8 and your qb wasnt the games mvp. can you say game manager?
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by Huego:
Seattle Seahawks Fans React To Super Bowl Loss (2015 Compilation)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwmP0UwHL9k#t=120

Lol the best part is most of them are so aarogant and cocky since they are new fans they took one yard for granted.

They will never do so again, if they continue to watch. I bet the bangwagon is on fire.

Originally posted by crabman82:
we explain last year like this, you won 43-8 and your qb wasnt the games mvp. can you say game manager?

Sorry, I was being somewhat tongue in cheek with his contined assertion that the games are rigged . . .

LOL! "Oh no!"
Pure comedy gold
  • thl408
A few key plays that aren't shown much in the sports news highlights that I thought were huge at the time it happened.

Opening drive of 2nd half.
3Q 3rd & 1

SEA: Packaged play with 4 possible options. NE shows cover0. Each blue CB will play the stacked WRs differently.

7 in the box for NE with only 5 blockers for SEA. Because it is a read option, one of the defenders can be removed from the equation because he is unblocked and does not take up a blocker. So it's essentially 6v5. NE knows that any QB keeper is going to be run to the left side of the DLine based on where Lynch lined up in the backfield. They overload the left side.

The blue CB at the bottom allows the WR he was pressing to release. The blue CB at the top will follow the WR that he was lined up in press with. This would earn space for yellow WR, but it's a farther throw from the haskmarks to outside the numbers.

RW never looks to the WRs and would rather take his chances with the matchup he has in the box, knowing he is outnumbered. Red's assignment is to cover the QB keeper. Yellow can crash down on the RB because he doesn't have to worry about the QB keeper. The orange DT gets really low to push the C back. Orange gets so low that the LG whiffs on what was supposed to be a combo block.

Orange shoves the Center back and manhandles the A gap. This forces Lynch to sidestep. Yellow chases him down.

Gain of 0. FG unit. Forcing SEA to settle for a FG here was huge.
  • thl408
3Q 3rd & 3
SEA 24
NE 14

NE: cover1 with 3 man pressure.
SEA: Lynch lines up in the backfield. When he goes in motion and splits out wide, a defender follows him. This tells RW it's man coverage. Red will look to get a pick by going underneath the slant route, hoping to get separation for his vertical route.

The throw is on target, but Kearse drops it.

This would have put SEA into FG range. Punt.
The Hobbit has some deep accuracy.

• thl408
4Q

1st & 10
NE: 4 Verticals
SEA: 3 man pressure, drop 8 into coverage to bracket Gronk (TE spot) from three sides. Man coverage.

Brady is looking to his left, but never sees the RB that is open because he is looking deep downfield.

Sack of -8.

When watching this play live, I wondered what Brady was seeing and why he took a sack with good time in the pocket. The TV broadcast showed the coverage downfield, but it only showed the two WRs at the top of the screen (Edelman, Gronk). What they didn't show was the RB that was open and how Brady was looking to that same side of the field (his left). I didn't think they would recover to move the chains after having to face a 2nd & 18 after taking the sack.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by AZ9erfan520:
Check out this one-read QB

Its actually the corect read and lockett was open. Dude made a sick ass play because he spent extra time in the film room.

It's not a read, it's a play design. That ball was going to Lockett.

Butler just made a fantastic play. He actually says he got beat by the same play in practice. So unlike Allen Iverson, this guy learns from practice.

Steve Young was saying RW, when he saw the flash of color (butler), that he should have immediately targeted Lockette's back shoulder with his throw.

Yea. He should have, but Crabtree put it very eloquently: "oh well"

1) steve Young is right
2) the correct read is Lynch on the left, 1 on 1 vs a LB and Lynch already had him beat

Browner was key here people forget. His jam made this Play possible for pats. Helluva play by Butler give the kid credit.
After thinking about it some more I honestly believe Malcolm Butler could've very easily won MVP. He actually prevented 2 seahag TDs inside the 5-yd line. The first play was the absurd circus catch by Kearse in which he wasn't down by contact upon finally securing the ball and was free to get up and run. Butler after barely missing a PBU was able to jump up and force him out of bounds before Kearse could run-lunge ahead for the goal line. The second was of course him making a better defensive play on a not great but not horribly executed slant pass of an atrocious play call. While very deserving, Brady getting it was more of a lifetime achievement award. They should've been co-MVPs but I guess they probably can't do that. Anyway, Brady wants to give his MVP truck to Butler.
Tim Brown (who I'm so glad to see finally get in the HOF) made an interesting point on the radio Tuesday afternoon. He said Wilson didn't throw the ball low enough on the ill-fated pass play. Said ball placement should've been at the lower abdomen of the receiver instead of chest high but because of the midget's stature he has to throw that slant pass with a higher trajectory because (my words) his arm angle is already about 6 inches lower than someone like Kap. So basically the target point of the ball is elevated that much higher with him trying to maneuver a super short pass through all those several-inches taller offensive & defensive linemen. Makes sense to me.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Ya, I think Butler should've gotten the MVP. IDGAF if it was only one play. It was an excellent play by a ROOKIE! Without that play, there is no Patriot MVP.
[ Edited by ChazBoner on Feb 4, 2015 at 5:23 AM ]
Enjoying the play reviews, thl408.
Share 49ersWebzone