There are 267 users in the forums

******* Superbowl XLIX GAMEDAY THREAD ********

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by FunkNinerFlex:
Originally posted by zaghawk:
My favorite prediction so far....well either it's going to be close or a blow out...

Wait what?!?

It will be close game. And if it's not a close game, I definitely predict a blow out!
Not hard to understand, if you know the other person understands it, but doesn't understand it as well!
Wait.. what?

I have Seattle 17-14.
Reasons:
1) I think Wilson laid his bad egg already. He'll be that QB that played Denver in the SB last year, and convert 3rd downs. This was one of my keys to the SB last year.

*changes if Revis is able to lock down one of Seattle's "pedestrian" WR's. Leaving the other doubled and Wilson has 3rd and long

2) Brady hasn't seen this type of defense. Detroit was good, but Detroit with Stafford suck in the cold when they played in NE. I expect a close game like NYJ vs NE games this year. Seattle''s D coordinator is not as good as Rex Ryan, but he has the better personal to do the same.
NE's O line has been playing well of late, but Seattle's DE speed combined with their secondary will give Brady trouble.

*changes if Blount averages around 5 a clip and can get Brady into 3rd and short

3) NFC west bred physicality vs AFC. I give it to the NFC west

4) Gronk will get hit by Kam hard. If that doesn't work, Kam will hit him in the knees hard.

5) I'm 4-2 in the playoffs the last 2 weeks. Damn you Denver for losing and GB not covering the spread against Dallas, -5.5. Convert that 2 point conversion.

By the way, I don't know what I'm talking about as of now, cuz we still have 2 more weeks.

If this defense doesn't pick up the pass rush Brady will torch them with all of his weapons. It was non-existent against Green Bay and had Rodgers had a better day in the accuracy department we'd be talking NE vs. GB right now. Rodgers missed a number of gimme throws. Think about the guys they lost in their d-line rotation --- Bryant, Clemons, McDonald, Mebane, Hill...

Seattle may just have to blitz -- how does Brady do against the blitz?

Great point! The pass rush may be Seattle's only weak spot. Just wondering ,GB has one of the best offensive lines. Is the Pats O line as good?
Originally posted by trooper49:
Great point! The pass rush may be Seattle's only weak spot. Just wondering ,GB has one of the best offensive lines. Is the Pats O line as good?

Is that a joke? I think rodgers just has a quick release. I could be wrong.
Originally posted by jeepzilla:

No joke, they were an offensive line that was healthy and had played together the entire season, was playing very well late in the season, and was regarded as very capable. They had a great game against Seattle.

The point was, does NE have a good pass protection offensive line?

No joke, they were an offensive line that was healthy and had played together the entire season, was playing very well late in the season, and was regarded as very capable. They had a great game against Seattle.

Well if you look at sack rates during the regular season Rodgers was sacked 28 times on 520 attempts: 5.3% sack rate
Brady was sacked only 21 times on 582 attempts: 3.6%

And you'd figure Rodgers was way more mobile than Brady.
[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Jan 20, 2015 at 8:58 PM ]
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

Well if you look at sack rates during the regular season Rodgers was sacked 28 times on 520 attempts: 5.3% sack rate
Brady was sacked only 21 times on 582 attempts: 3.6%

And you'd figure Rodgers was way more mobile than Brady.

Thanks for the info! If the O line doesn't tire and gives Brady time to pass the entire game that's a huge plus for NE. It almost seems too easy.
The team wearing white in the Super Bowl has won 9 of the last 10 contests, so... hahaha, but seriously look it up, its true.

I'll have to admit, this has been one of the harder Super Bowls to pick since Colts/Saints.

Also, in regards to the Brady/Wilson comparison pic floating in this thread, it's hard to compare the two without mentioning Antowain Smith and JR Redmond vs Marshawn.
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
The team wearing white in the Super Bowl has won 9 of the last 10 contests, so... hahaha, but seriously look it up, its true.

I'll have to admit, this has been one of the harder Super Bowls to pick since Colts/Saints.

Also, in regards to the Brady/Wilson comparison pic floating in this thread, it's hard to compare the two without mentioning Antowain Smith and JR Redmond vs Marshawn.

very true. but he did have corey dillon and a 1600 yard season for his last title. still no comparison to lynch the past 3 seasons.
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:

very true. but he did have corey dillon and a 1600 yard season for his last title. still no comparison to lynch the past 3 seasons.

Good point. Dillon was an absolute stud that year.
Originally posted by ram29jackson:
who wins is unimportant. How it plays out unrealistically is the issue. They know how to bring the drama.

Speaking of drama, seems RW was pretty good at predicting just that for the NFCCG
. . .
"It's gonna be an all-out battle," Wilson predicted. "It's gonna come down to the fourth quarter. It may go to overtime. I'm expecting something great to happen, some amazing play to win the game, or amazing drive, or a back-and-forth two-minute drill. You know, I look forward to those moments."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000460706/article/seahawks-russell-wilson-fulfills-prophecy-of-amazing-finish?campaign=Facebook_writers_silver
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Can someone let me know who wins, I gotta do laundry that day.

Originally posted by amosmac28:
Difference is Brady had nowhere near the defenses Russell Wilson has had. Still impressive though.

Very impressive considering NE have always been a passing team with Brady dropping back about 40 times a game and Seattle being a running team yet Wilson's passing numbers are practically identical to Brady's.
Originally posted by Sims84:
Originally posted by amosmac28:
Difference is Brady had nowhere near the defenses Russell Wilson has had. Still impressive though.

Very impressive considering NE have always been a passing team with Brady dropping back about 40 times a game and Seattle being a running team yet Wilson's passing numbers are practically identical to Brady's.

Not sure about that --

2001 Patriots allowed 331 yds and 17 pts per game
2003 Patriots allowed 291 yds and 14.8 pts per game
2004 Patriots allowed 310 yds and 16.25 pts per game

Compare...

2013 Seahawks allowed 273 yds and 14.4 pts per game
2014 Seahawks allowed 267 yds and 15.8 pts per game

Those Patriot defenses of the early 2000's were loaded with bad ass players on defense and the 2003 championship team didn't even have Lawyer Milloy.

Ty Law
Richard Seymour
Tedy Bruschi
Rodney Harrison
Willie McGinest
Asante Samuel
Mike Vrabel

They were no slouches. And if the Hawks don't win SB 49 then we're not even having this conversation.
[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Jan 21, 2015 at 7:53 AM ]
Pro Football on ESPN ‏@ESPNNFL
There are haircuts and then there are Super Bowl haircuts. WOW! (via AnthonyBarberPR on Instagram)

Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Pro Football on ESPN ‏@ESPNNFL
There are haircuts and then there are Super Bowl haircuts. WOW! (via AnthonyBarberPR on Instagram)

Is Brady wearing an earring? Or is that an unsightly mole on that guy's scalp?
No way the league lets the Pats win the SB after deflate gate. You'll see every call call go the Hawks way, which is no different than any other game, but this scandal pretty much sealed it.
Share 49ersWebzone