There are 240 users in the forums

******* Superbowl XLIX GAMEDAY THREAD ********

Shop 49ers game tickets
I understand creative haircuts, but why would anybody want to have two men shaved onto his head.
Prediction:
Scene 1:
  1. Sherman and Earl Thomas are practically injured.
  2. Pats will run Blount at Sherman and Thomas all day.
  3. They also throw to Sherman, pinpoint accuracy so that he can only make a play if he raises his injured arm.
  4. Pats up 14-0

Scene 2:
  1. Sherman and Thomas shoot up roids and every shot they can get at halftime.
  2. They each get an INT in the 3rd quarter.
  3. SEA 14-14

Scene 2.5:
  1. SEA begins their go-to read option and Lynch scores a couple of TD's after Roid Rage Thomas blows up Blount for a turnover.
  2. All this time, the Pats have finally tapped into SEA's headset wires and begin hearing the Seahawks' plays.
  3. From hearing SEA's signals, Pats realize SEA has also been cheating.
  4. SEA 28-24 for the win

Goodell finds out both teams have cheated. SEA is still the champ, fines both teams only 1 draft pick each. Then finally fines Pete the cheat $100 million for going against NFL protocol and chewing gum on the sidelines. Bellachick gets fined $200 million for wearing a hoodie.
[ Edited by Joecool on Jan 22, 2015 at 9:17 AM ]
  • vaden
  • Veteran
People are saying Deflategate will hurt Seattle because the Pats will come out a lot more fired up. This "bulletin board" stuff has always struck me as ludicrous. A true competitor shouldn't need any extra motivation, especially in the frickin Super Bowl, but it seems to be true that these guys don't take the game seriously enough on its own and need to feel personally attacked to actually give it their all.
So, last year it was "Richard's Rant", this year it's "Brady's Balls" ~ always seems to be something other than the game for this first week.
Hopefully, they will start talking about the upcoming competition soon as there seems to be plenty of story lines . . .
(e.g., Pete the ex-Pat, old QB going for his 4th ring vs young QB going for a repeat, Brandon the ex-Hawk, etc.)

protection, protection, protection . . .
ESPN Stats & Info @ESPNStatsInfo
Since 2012, the Seahawks and Patriots are both +51 in turnover margin in the regular season and playoffs.
No other team is better than +28.

YAC, YAC, YAC . . .
John Buccigross @Buccigross
Seahawks Yards After Contact 2014 NFL Rank
Gained 1,686 Most
Allowed 910 Fewest
Originally posted by mutt_pinoy:

I ain't going to lie, I wish that was one of our players balling his eyes out on that poser. Pic of Vernon Davis crying after he made that catch against NO a few years ago, maybe?
%2700 for cheapest ticket
What was Brady crying about. Did Suggs pinch him in his ballz after a sack or something.
[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Jan 22, 2015 at 9:38 PM ]
Originally posted by Joecool:
Prediction:
Scene 1:
  1. Sherman and Earl Thomas are practically injured.
  2. Pats will run Blount at Sherman and Thomas all day.
  3. They also throw to Sherman, pinpoint accuracy so that he can only make a play if he raises his injured arm.
  4. Pats up 14-0
Scene 2:
  1. Sherman and Thomas shoot up roids and every shot they can get at halftime.
  2. They each get an INT in the 3rd quarter.
  3. SEA 14-14
Scene 2.5:
  1. SEA begins their go-to read option and Lynch scores a couple of TD's after Roid Rage Thomas blows up Blount for a turnover.
  2. All this time, the Pats have finally tapped into SEA's headset wires and begin hearing the Seahawks' plays.
  3. From hearing SEA's signals, Pats realize SEA has also been cheating.
  4. SEA 28-24 for the win
Goodell finds out both teams have cheated. SEA is still the champ, fines both teams only 1 draft pick each. Then finally fines Pete the cheat $100 million for going against NFL protocol and chewing gum on the sidelines. Bellachick gets fined $200 million for wearing a hoodie.

I actually got a laugh out of this when you started mentioning fines for chewing gum and wearing a hoodie, because sadly I could see Goddell making a new rule against both for "player safety"
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
%2700 for cheapest ticket

There was an article about tickets being cheaper than usual for a SB because Patriots have made so many SBs as of late, and Seahawks just were there that fans wouldn't pay the $$$$, but at $2700/each, I think that's more than I'm used to see SBs go for (usually $2500), when I went last year I paid $1900 for a 200 level end zone. But yeah unless I win a contest, no SB for me this year, taking my daughter to DisneyLand. Not gonna lie, I wish I was within driving distance to Vegas and DisneyLand at all times.
[ Edited by zaghawk on Jan 22, 2015 at 11:04 PM ]

Originally posted by mutt_pinoy:

I'm actually impressed that this was the first time RW really showed some emotion in a game.
Originally posted by FunkNinerFlex:
Originally posted by zaghawk:
My favorite prediction so far....well either it's going to be close or a blow out...

Wait what?!?

It will be close game. And if it's not a close game, I definitely predict a blow out!
Not hard to understand, if you know the other person understands it, but doesn't understand it as well!
Wait.. what?

I have Seattle 17-14.
Reasons:
1) I think Wilson laid his bad egg already. He'll be that QB that played Denver in the SB last year, and convert 3rd downs. This was one of my keys to the SB last year.

*changes if Revis is able to lock down one of Seattle's "pedestrian" WR's. Leaving the other doubled and Wilson has 3rd and long

2) Brady hasn't seen this type of defense. Detroit was good, but Detroit with Stafford suck in the cold when they played in NE. I expect a close game like NYJ vs NE games this year. Seattle''s D coordinator is not as good as Rex Ryan, but he has the better personal to do the same.
NE's O line has been playing well of late, but Seattle's DE speed combined with their secondary will give Brady trouble.

*changes if Blount averages around 5 a clip and can get Brady into 3rd and short

3) NFC west bred physicality vs AFC. I give it to the NFC west

4) Gronk will get hit by Kam hard. If that doesn't work, Kam will hit him in the knees hard.

5) I'm 4-2 in the playoffs the last 2 weeks. Damn you Denver for losing and GB not covering the spread against Dallas, -5.5. Convert that 2 point conversion.

By the way, I don't know what I'm talking about as of now, cuz we still have 2 more weeks.

When you predict the game is going to be close or end in a blow out..that's not much of a prediction that's just stating the only two possibilities. That's like me saying I predict the Seahawks will win or the Patriots will win...well no duh! who else is going to win Johnny Manziel?!?

I'm just poking fun by the way :)
Originally posted by zaghawk:
I'm actually impressed that this was the first time RW really showed some emotion in a game.

To be honest, I thought this was cool to see. Real, raw emotion in the moment after he must've felt like he had blown it several times with a rare bad game.

I've made my share of jokes about Wilson, but raw emotion like that is why I'm a fan of this sport.
In the Big Game who gets in the next cheat? Pete only knows one way, come at you and force the issue, foul so many times that the refs won't dare throw a flag on every play. Belichick is much more devious, Pete can't compete on that level, no one can.

If Paul Allen lives long enough he'll be in courts fighting ex-players claiming all kinds of physical and mental issues because of the effects of banned stimulants, depressants, beta-blockers and drugs that have no name yet.

For a prediction I go to Kurt Lagerfeld, Fashion is the Final Statement. Why not have a Victoria's Secret runway show at halftime, Gisele Bundchen could lead the way. That will get much better ratings than Katy Perry.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
In the Big Game who gets in the next cheat? Pete only knows one way, come at you and force the issue, foul so many times that the refs won't dare throw a flag on every play. Belichick is much more devious, Pete can't compete on that level, no one can.

If Paul Allen lives long enough he'll be in courts fighting ex-players claiming all kinds of physical and mental issues because of the effects of banned stimulants, depressants, beta-blockers and drugs that have no name yet.

For a prediction I go to Kurt Lagerfeld, Fashion is the Final Statement. Why not have a Victoria's Secret runway show at halftime, Gisele Bundchen could lead the way. That will get much better ratings than Katy Perry.

I'd like to see Katy Perry in a Victoria's Secret runway show.
Share 49ersWebzone