There are 232 users in the forums

******* Superbowl XLIX GAMEDAY THREAD ********

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
Originally posted by zaghawk:
I'm actually impressed that this was the first time RW really showed some emotion in a game.

To be honest, I thought this was cool to see. Real, raw emotion in the moment after he must've felt like he had blown it several times with a rare bad game.

I've made my share of jokes about Wilson, but raw emotion like that is why I'm a fan of this sport.

Agreed and this is how I feel about any pro athlete. It tells me that these guys still appreciate what they do and it's not just about the money, and yeah for any fan for any sport how can you not love seeing that. Heck even in losing, if they are crying on the sideline, I want to know that the game meant WAY MORE to him than me. The only time I don't like them crying when losing, is if the game is still within reach and i.e. Adam Morrison crying on the court with a few seconds left of regulation and only being down by like 2 pts when he could have been contributing to possibly winning that game in the final seconds rather than showing his whole team he already gave up.
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
To be honest, I thought this was cool to see. Real, raw emotion in the moment after he must've felt like he had blown it several times with a rare bad game.

I've made my share of jokes about Wilson, but raw emotion like that is why I'm a fan of this sport.

This.
He's not a robot after all ;-)
[ Edited by LisaTwelve on Jan 23, 2015 at 8:40 AM ]
LOL those were fake tears. He's describing the game like an analyst when he's supposed to be full of emotion ?
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ram29jackson:
LOL those were fake tears. He's describing the game like an analyst when he's supposed to be full of emotion ?

Then he's got a damn good career in movies ahead of him.

no,just the broadcast booth

no,just the broadcast booth

I disagree -- he'd be perfect in the sequel to.

Wow...

Jeremy Lane on Gronk..

"I actually don't think he's that good," Lane said. "He's OK. He does have a big body. But from what I've seen on tape, he doesn't like you putting your hands on him. So if we put our hands on him and shake him up a little bit, he won't catch that many balls."

Jeremy Lane on himself in the slot..

"I'm good no matter who's lined up there,"

Jeremy Lane on the Patriot's schemes..

Lane said. "But [the Patriots] try to do things like line a bunch of ineligible guys out there to get you confused. We have a plan for it."

Jeremy Lane on how his analysis of Gronk after watching tape..

"Yeah, but that's always our key every week, putting our hands on the receivers," Lane said. "It's definitely an issue with him from watching tape."

Pete Carroll on Jeremy Lane after his comments to the media..

"Jeremy just hasn't watched film yet," Carroll said.
[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Jan 24, 2015 at 10:32 AM ]
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Wow...

Jeremy Lane on Gronk..

"I actually don't think he's that good," Lane said. "He's OK. He does have a big body. But from what I've seen on tape, he doesn't like you putting your hands on him. So if we put our hands on him and shake him up a little bit, he won't catch that many balls."

Lane said. "But [the Patriots] try to do things like line a bunch of ineligible guys out there to get you confused. We have a plan for it."

"Yeah, but that's always our key every week, putting our hands on the receivers," Lane said. "It's definitely an issue with him from watching tape."

You never want to piss off a guy much bigger and stronger than you...
Originally posted by TheRathman44:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Wow...

Jeremy Lane on Gronk..

You never want to piss off a guy much bigger and stronger than you...

I hope we see a lot of that matchup. Maxwell too. That guy's entire game is illegal contact and / or PI. Good for at least one of those calls per game.

Gronk is gonna rape Jeremy Lane

He is gonna physically manhandle that little boy and show him that he's only a boy amongst men on that field

He will bust it in the end zone for 3 scores after laying little Lane's ass out with a stiff arm to his dome

Get ready for a pounding Seattle... Gronk will bring the hurt

Report it again sensitive SeaAdderalls
[ Edited by Eli_23 on Jan 25, 2015 at 9:25 AM ]
Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn
Richard Sherman elbow injury, Earl Thomas shoulder. Curious to see how they tackle, esp big players like Rob Gronkowski, LeGarrette Blount

Stephania Bell ‏@Stephania_ESPN
@Edwerderespn Think this will be more challenging than is being discussed. Thomas has hinted at it, talking about relying on teammates.
Turn your sound off because most of the talk will be about the deflated footballs

Anyway, I like turning of the sound on TV commentators and listen to the guys on radio when possible.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Turn your sound off because most of the talk will be about the deflated footballs

Anyway, I like turning of the sound on TV commentators and listen to the guys on radio when possible.

I wonder why they talk about the seahawks players testicular atrophy from steroid abuse? Either way both teams will be playing with deflated balls this sunday.
Darren Rovell ‏@darrenrovell

The folks @plbsports say they've sold more than 130,000 boxes of Gronk Flakes since it hit shelves in Sept 2012

Share 49ersWebzone