There are 181 users in the forums

******* Superbowl XLIX GAMEDAY THREAD ********

Shop 49ers game tickets
[ Edited by Jcool on Jan 26, 2015 at 1:33 PM ]
Originally posted by Jcool:
Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn
Richard Sherman elbow injury, Earl Thomas shoulder. Curious to see how they tackle, esp big players like Rob Gronkowski, LeGarrette Blount

Stephania Bell ‏@Stephania_ESPN
@Edwerderespn Think this will be more challenging than is being discussed. Thomas has hinted at it, talking about relying on teammates.

Exactly this. So much talk about Deflategate that everyone seems to ignore that the two best players on their defense are question marks when it comes to tackling with their current injuries, and that Pats are deep at RB, all except Vereen being power backs.
Originally posted by Eli_23:
Gronk is gonna rape Jeremy Lane

He is gonna physically manhandle that little boy and show him that he's only a boy amongst men on that field

He will bust it in the end zone for 3 scores after laying little Lane's ass out with a stiff arm to his dome

Get ready for a pounding Seattle... Gronk will bring the hurt

Report it again sensitive SeaAdderalls

FTR . . .
I thought Jeremy's comments re: Gronk were pretty silly.
My issue is not sensitivity to the trash-talking you added to this post.
My issue is that particular word being used as a verb for athletic performance.
Originally posted by BKpower:
Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn
Richard Sherman elbow injury, Earl Thomas shoulder. Curious to see how they tackle, esp big players like Rob Gronkowski, LeGarrette Blount

@Edwerderespn Think this will be more challenging than is being discussed. Thomas has hinted at it, talking about relying on teammates.

Exactly this. So much talk about Deflategate that everyone seems to ignore that the two best players on their defense are question marks when it comes to tackling with their current injuries, and that Pats are deep at RB, all except Vereen being power backs.

If there is one person who can guard Gronk, it is Cam Chancellor.

How ironic this matchup is. Remember what type of team NE was back in its early SB days? They were a ball control non-threatening offense and heavy relied on their defense holding, grabbing, and being super physical. That's how they beat the Rams and that's how they would beat Peyton Manning and those early day high passing octane offenses. Then Brady would get the three points for the win. Remember Antowain Smith and Corey Dillon? Those were the key players that kept that offense into ball control mode. If they use Blount correctly, they are right back in that mode.

This SEA team is very similar to those PATs SB teams. Aggressive pushing the rules defense and a ball control offense that squeezes out the wins in the end.

This should be a great matchup but it looks like SEA has all of the key cogs to make things difficult for NE. Cam vs Gronk, that zone switching scheme to take care of the short underneath routes.

ONLY way NE wins is if Blount gets 30 on 5 per carry.
Originally posted by BKpower:
Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn

you dont tackle gronk. he gets tired of running and falls down.
Tom Brady at Media Day...

Darren Rovell ‏@darrenrovell

20 Years Ago: Current Seahawks linebackers coach Ken Norton Jr. in Doritos Super Bowl print ad

Two Interesting ESPN Polls:

4th quarter, 2 minute warning..... the earth opens up and swallows up the Pats. Then midget throws a TD pass for the win because seachicken fans believe God is a 12. I've never seen a team as lucky as the seahags. So I would not be surprised to see them win even if the Pats are the better team.

The league should really test the hags for peds at half time. I've always wondered how they miraculously get rejuvenated at half time especially beastmode. No one will convince me he doesn't take peds, in addition to their 5th & 6th rounders who play like 1st rounders with no exception.

Originally posted by defenderDX:

"Derp....I'm here so I won't get fined...Derp....thanks for axin.....derp"
  • lazy
  • Veteran
"you know why I'm here"
Art Thiel‏@Art_Thiel
#Seahawks Lynch may be fined for wearing Beast Mode-brand hat.
Except it's made by New Era, NFL sponsor. http://sportspressnw.com/2197431/2015/lynch-could-be-fined-for-wearing-beast-mode-hat
Nice read on Lynch's Oakland roots. Will he be a Raider next season?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000464640/article/marshawn-lynchs-oakland-ties-reveal-seahawks-stars-spirit
Really rooting for the Seahawks. I know it sounds terrible, but I really like Russell Wilson and I respect there game. I don't want the Pats to win at all, I just don't like them.
Share 49ersWebzone