There are 227 users in the forums

******* Superbowl XLIX GAMEDAY THREAD ********

Shop 49ers game tickets
Don't care who wins but if Tom Brady does get his 4th ring. I still won't put him ahead of Joe who is 4-0 in the Super Bowl.
Originally posted by 49erFan816:
Don't care who wins but if Tom Brady does get his 4th ring. I still won't put him ahead of Joe who is 4-0 in the Super Bowl.
I think Niners fans put too much stock in this stat. Montana's career wasn't 4 years long. He lost plenty of times in the playoffs which prevented him from losing the Super Bowl in the first place. A playoff loss is a playoff loss, I don't see why people put so much emphasis on losing in the Super Bowl. Is losing in the NFCCG somehow more forgivable than losing in the SB? To me it's worse. It's an even bigger failure.

Brady is 18-8 in the playoffs (.692 winning percentage). Montana was 16-7 in the playoffs (.615 winning percentage). If Brady retires with as many Super Bowls are Montana, I might put him ahead in my book. It's tough to admit, but I'm trying to be objective (which, let's face it, is something a good chunk of the Webzone is not good at).
[ Edited by theduke85 on Jan 29, 2015 at 8:39 AM ]
I can't believe there are actual Niner fans rooting for Seattle to win this Sunday what kind of Niners fans are you?

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

Originally posted by theduke85:
I think Niners fans put too much stock in this stat. Montana's career wasn't 4 years long. He lost plenty of times in the playoffs which prevented him from losing the Super Bowl in the first place. A playoff loss is a playoff loss, I don't see why people put so much emphasis on losing in the Super Bowl. Is losing in the NFCCG somehow more forgivable than losing in the SB? To me it's worse. It's an even bigger failure.

Brady is 18-8 in the playoffs (.692 winning percentage). Montana was 16-7 in the playoffs (.615 winning percentage). If Brady retires with as many Super Bowls are Montana, I might put him ahead in my book. It's tough to admit, but I'm trying to be objective (which, let's face it, is something a good chunk of the Webzone is not good at).

You have to think about the eras that they played in also. Montana won his 4 super bowls in a much more even era between offense and defense. Also the whole spygate thing looms over Brady as well as the rule changes which benefit the passing game more.
Dan Hanzus ‏@DanHanzus

Joe Montana is being led from interview to interview by two security guards who are armed with guns. This feels excessive.
You have to think about the eras that they played in also. Montana won his 4 super bowls in a much more even era between offense and defense. Also the whole spygate thing looms over Brady as well as the rule changes which benefit the passing game more.
Montana also won his Super Bowls in an era without a a salary cap. His teams were loaded. Absolutely loaded. The league didn't have the competitive balance that it does now. I'm trying trying to discredit him, but it can't be ignored.
[ Edited by theduke85 on Jan 29, 2015 at 11:59 AM ]
Cam Inman tweeted that Montana said on NFLN he thinks Pats win but he will be pulling for the Hawks
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Cam Inman tweeted that Montana said on NFLN he thinks Pats win but he will be pulling for the Hawks

If it weren't for Sherman and Seattle fans, they are a likable team. Wilson is Captain Cliche, and Carroll comes off like a fun Grandpa for allot of the airtime he gets.

That said, f*ck the seahawks. Im rooting for the Pats, Brady is a local boy and grew up a niners fan. Seattle fans will be even more insufferable if they repeat.
I find it ironic that Seahawk fans keep talking smack about the Patriots cheating. The pot calling the kettle black as they say.
Earl is mad because he was tested for HGH
[ Edited by Bay2Bay9erAllday on Jan 29, 2015 at 12:25 PM ]

Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Earl is mad because he was tested for HGH

Pregame stipulations HGH testing for Seattle and PSI check for New England.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
I can't believe there are actual Niner fans rooting for Seattle to win this Sunday what kind of Niners fans are you?

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

I like Lynch. Joe Montana is pulling for the Hawks as well. I don't feel bad at all.
I am going to the Super Bowl and i will 100% be cheering for the Pats. What i actually hope happens is
1. Pats win is some sort of dramatic fashion, burning Sherman.
2. A week later the NFL somehow finds evidence of deflated footballs and takes away the Trophy and record.
3. Belichuk gets kicked out of the league and banned from the Hall of Fame. his hoodie is also burned.
4. Sherman not only gets beat on the last TD, but tears an ACL (maybe both).

That being said, i think that Seattle wins this game.
Originally posted by theduke85:

Do Super Bowl performances matter? Montana has at least 3 of the 10 best QB performances in SUPERBOWL history. Brady has maybe 1. Montana embarrassed the Broncos D and Elway looked worse than ever. Montana shredded the Dolphins D in Marino's only Super Bowl performance. Montana led a 92 yard drive to defeat Boomer Esiason's Bengals for the 2nd time and could've gotten another mvp for that performance. Brady doesn't really compare to Montana in the big game. After he loses on Sunday the conversation will finally end.
Those rooting for SEA, be carefull what you wish for. Do you really want to go thru next season with SEA motivated to be the first team in history to win 3 SB in a row? And dont believe they won't be. All we'll here about is 3peat. It would be unbearable.
Share 49ersWebzone