There are 198 users in the forums

DeForest Buckner Traded to the Colts

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MoeJontana84:
Originally posted by jcs:
WTF if this real than this team is run by a bunch of monkeys. You give AA 17 million and trade away Buckner?????

we get #13 overall for it for our troubles... I don't like it either but that helps

No it doesn't. Trade away AA, Ford but Buckner is a franchise level player. This was a dumb move any way you look at it. Watch AA go on a streak of IR again.
WTF if this real than this team is run by a bunch of monkeys. You give AA 17 million and trade away Buckner?????

Right! I am pissed! I'd keep Buckner over Armstead all day long! Should've gotten more compensation than 1 funky @$$ pick! Dumb as hell!
this is a really good trade for us. it sucks losing talent like this in a year after making the SB but it is the smart thing to do if buck was holding out for that kind of money.
What a steal this front office is on the $$, been trying to tell you all how it was going to go down
[ Edited by bopicksix on Mar 16, 2020 at 1:15 PM ]
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Nooooooo!

Didn't we have him another year? Take Armstead instead. Damnn

Dude wanted $21M per yr....second only to Donald. That's a lot of cheddar
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:
Stud WR coming with that pick

You could also get one of the really good o linemen and still get a good wide receiver at 31. They may not be done yet.

I prefer this plan.

Trade back from 13 to late 1st and pick up a 2nd and 3rd rounder to make up for Ford/Sanders trade. Trade back from #31 to early 2nd round to get a 4th rounder. Then we can take advantage of the WR depth in this draft and get an OL and EDGE to back up Ford when he inevitably goes down. Or f there is a stud pass rusher there at #13 just draft him.

Picks:

1. Late first somewhere
2. Early 2nd
2. Acquired in trade
3. Acquired in trade
4. Acquired in trade

Not bad.
Ugh who's our 3 tech now? If It's Solly i'm going to barf.
Buck was the 7th goddamn pick. We got the 13th in return.
Originally posted by badguy_1:

I agree with Grant... Might have been able to get 13th pick with Armstead

No they couldn't have. Armstead would have landed them a 3rd more than likely.
Another loser move by this loser organization.

How were they gong to pay Buckner $21 million a year? They had this deal worked out ahead of time so they could do the AA deal. That also clears some more cap money. If they get an O lineman that can play the next 10 years and help protect the QB then I'm okay with this. They could also get Jeudy if he slips back. All I know for sure is two 1st rounders looks a lot better than one at the end of the round.
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
I´m a dumb dumb guy after my message on the Armstead topic. I´m so freaking stupid.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
I hated this at first, but I will take Armstead, the 13th pick and $4M a year over Buckner. All day.

^

More than that with the contract Paraag gave him
What pisses me off is we could have had Hopkins if we had made this trade earlier in the day. That freed up space would have helped us make a deal.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
YESSSSSSSSS

Imagine paying Buckner almost Donald money. lol

AND now we have a shot at Jeudy, Ruggs, etc.
Share 49ersWebzone