There are 145 users in the forums

DeForest Buckner Traded to the Colts

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mrburkeyou:
I believe this was also done because lynch wants to see what Thomas can do playing inside at his natural spot

This is the most disgusting part. I've defended Solly but you trade him and let AA walk to have the money to pay Defo. Instead if feels like he's giving his guy a new shot and he just resigned a one year wonder injury prone player to a franchise deal.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
DeForest Buckner will be a UFA in three years with his new contract. That $$$ is not sustainable for him.
[ Edited by okdkid on Mar 16, 2020 at 1:22 PM ]
Gonna wait to see how things play out before I absolutely loose my mutha f0cking mind. I do get that we just couldn't afford $22 mil a year, so I wanna see how he's replaced. Perhaps they gonna move Solomon Thomas inside (actually where he belongs).
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:

No he's been a franchise player and at time the best player on the team.
Niners might trade Dee Ford and both 1st round picks for Chase Young!

I believe this was also done because lynch wants to see what Thomas can do playing inside at his natural spot

We have seen what he can do inside and he is nowhere near the level of Buckner.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Yeah boy!!!

I can still hate it even if it kinda makes some sense

I agree. This is where separating being a fan and a business decision is difficult. Plus, if that pick turns into either more picks or an impact player it's worth it.
Originally posted by jcs:

This is the most disgusting part. I've defended Solly but you trade him and let AA walk to have the money to pay Defo. Instead if feels like he's giving his guy a new shot and he just resigned a one year wonder injury prone player to a franchise deal.

Defo was the only one with real trade value. Well be fine
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
Getting the thirteenth pick back=excellent

Going into next season with the high probability of Nick Bosa being the only pass rusher on the field=nightmare reality

Have to imagine there is more in the works. Niners now have ample cap room to do whatever they want.

Originally posted by BYisGod:
Buck was the 7th goddamn pick. We got the 13th in return.

That's not a bad deal if he produced for 4 full seasons at high level and now you've got the cap ramifications coming up.
Man didn't see that coming
  • okdkid
  • Veteran

How?
So many options at 13, especially with 4 QB's going to be taken before we pick
Share 49ersWebzone